Skybridge Americas

Skybridge Americas Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
frequent breakdown of work timing tools as a work from home agent. Poor and insincerely response from manaagement from issues thta bothers agents nd unorganized structure, Deceiptful growth promises and bonus merit increase. Inconsistent job hours and no overtime to make up.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
very poor remuneration
You will likely start at or very near minimum wage. There is a review after 6 months where you will likely get a small wage increase, then every year. EXCEPT there is a salary cap which is currently $12.25/hour. Minimum wage is currently $11.65. They have not moved the cap in 12 years. No paid sick days and, if you work from home (most are hired for that), you have to provide all of the equipment and internet.
Pros
It's a job. Paid training.
Cons
Mostly everything. It's a call centre.
SkyBridge Americas is an outsourcer and it's important to understand that in this context. They offer contact centre services to a variety of different organisations, each typically having nothing to do with the other.
As a Customer Service Representative (their term is "Brand Agent"), the nature of your work, and quality of your employment experience, varies depending on which of SkyBridge America's clients you are hired to answer calls (and / or emails and chats) for. Two different employees working two different organisations' customer bases can have two vastly and distinct experiences. My own experience was with a recently acquired client, so pretty much everyone involved, from call-takers to decision-makers, was still learning the ropes and it was kind of the wild wild west. The onboarding was a mixture of good and bad. Good that this organisation took pains to properly spell my name (most English-speaking employers do not, and use the tired line of "Our systems can't do that"), bad in that the recruiter dropped the ball causing me to await a future wave of hiring 3 months later before getting in. The training was classroom style, online (this was a work-from-home position) using Adobe Connect. Class size was about 8 to 10 at the start, and we lost our trainer to sickness after the first few days. Her replacement was the knowledge expert for this particular SkyBridge Americas client, and he ended up getting promoted then leaving the company shortly after our training completed. Our training "completed" by being cut off part way through because that particular day, the
 - more...
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Staggering incompetence
job is fine not until you get rude calls from customers, swearing and saying you have no brains when they can't get what they want. supervisors and team leaders are good supports though.
very good company to work for i worked from home was able to look after my family an still maintain my work life as well , working nights was a lot better for my family an life , very good management team as well
Dont do it, its not a good time at all. stressful calls, no support, high turnover rate. I do not recommend. some of the perks i guess would be working from the comfort of your own home. But with the long hours that eat up the entire day you really cannot wait to go outside once your done.
One of the best places I ever worked.
Very supportive coordinators and colleagues.

Management was remarkably good.

Incredible opportunity for growth.

excellent benefit coverage too
Service Delivery specialists,

Through voice, email or chat, this organization provides it all for it's clients. Both brick and mortar, as well as, home based agents, Skybridge Americas has a working solution for its labor force.
Started 11 am taking in bound calls relating to sweepstakes using known and knowledge obtainable from mailings and the computer, answered questions from callers with assistance from management and coworkers with whom I would spend my breaks and lunches. The difficult calls that sometimes went to call-escalation specialists and helping kind people over the phone being the most enjoyable part of the job.
What a joke, worked my butt off for 2 years just to be kicked out and said I was not trained. Like wtf was trained in every account and they ended up dismissing me and trying their hardest to stop my Ei. They only care about themselves and their friends.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Skybridge Americas?
I didn't stay for long but the company does its part to make you feel confident.
The training took 3 weeks and we had a lot of assistance to deal with the customers on our first week actually answering calls. I left the company because I was getting to stressed with the situations we used to deal with: people with problems in their vehicles.

I explained my problem to my supervisors and they tried to help me, ended up leaving the company but it was a very good experience.
Pros
helpful supervisors and coworkers
Cons
stressful job
They are a joke! Advancement is based on who you know, who you are related to, and who you party with on weekends. They will suck the life out of you, and expect you to conform to their views.
I do not have anything to say about this company as my rating should speak for itself. The ratings I have put into the questions are my honest review rating.
While I was there, it was great. I kept to myself, was friendly to any who talked to me, and did my job really well, so I never had any problems. Until I did. They kind of "threw me under the bus" with no ceremony, just a wave and a handshake as I was escorted out.

I progressed from partially sighted to legally blind during my tenure there. I still have enough vision to get around without any help. It felt like they did not believe me that I had reduced eyesight because I could and still can get around without any help.
Pros
The people were nice, including most of your direct managers.
Cons
Unpredictable hours, Lots of promises and not all are kept.
I like the place and the coworkers and the whole process of work, but I believe that they have to raise the rate a little bit to cope with the Canadian standard of living.
It is work at home, the pay is terrible, there are no insentives, raises and benefits are only given when you constantly bug the management. Overall... They don't care about the employers.
The company/management/HR went beyond my dreams in trying to find the right work/life balance. Training is great Very supportive environment. Inbound calls.
hire and fire policy big time without smuggling reason. please dont waste your time working here, the supervisors are very manipulative and clever to trap you and then get you fired.
Saving money by working from home for Skybridge Americas. Back to back calls. Very friendly management and systematic process for employees and they treat employees with fair treatment.
management awful, pay awful , facility awful, management was rude and aggressive the facility had bed bug mice and cockroaches, due to mismanagement they had to outsource the work to Dominican republic, and there were several times i felt the way they handled things did not line up with the Manitoba labor laws
The company was good.Had a great experience .Learned a lot.The working environment was great.The coaches were good,they were guiding a lot. Working there for six months was excellent.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skybridge Americas. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9