Skybridge Americas Employee Reviews

not very productive but a good place to enhance your social skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2019
Skybridge Americas has different accounts. For the account I worked for, we didn't get a lot of phone calls. So a typical day at work would have 8 calls sometimes and there's about 10-12 people working. This means that I sit there for 8 hours literally doing nothing
Work at Home-No Pay Check
Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home19 February 2019
Do Not Work For!
Didn't get first paycheque after verifying Banking Information 2 times.Mangement has no clue!
Do Not Work For!!!
Again Do Not Work From Home for Them!!!
Pros
Cons
No pay check.Mangement Sucks.
I regret applying.
Home Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2019
I’ve worked in the AMRG team since October and at first it was fine but it quickly took a turn for the worse. The management is almost always MIA, they refuse to take supervisor calls. Almost every single customer I get over the phone just wants to yell. Customers and supervisors are incredibly rude and demanding.

Sure, you get to work from home, but that does not excuse how toxic it is. This job has done nothing but make my poor mental health worse. Before I started in a new account, that I am planning to quit soon, I logged off crying every day due to the toxic environment. I had to take an LOA because of how stressed out and anxious the account makes me. I’ve been yelled at more than I can handle for one lifetime.

They claim to be all supportive and stuff but that is just a false sense of security to lure you into this job. I could go on and on about how horrible it is to work here, but I won’t.
Pros
I guess working from home is a pro
Cons
Literally everything else.
Good place to work to avoid being homeless
Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 February 2019
Skybridge positions itself as a company that cares so very deeply about its employees, constantly pointing to all the super fun things that it does. Look at this, Management cries proudly to anyone who will listen, mini golf and pizza in the lobby! What they don't tell you is that those distractions keep coming less and less frequent as the company bleeds money and loses business. As Coaches and CES' have more and more work to do, and so don't have the time to track prizes and incentives.

Skybridge makes its money by charging their clients less than anyone else is willing to work for. As a result, their margins are super slim and it is extremely easy for them to not be profitable. There is constant pressure from higher in the company. This results in a cycle of increased workload without time to develop talent creating more work resulting in increased workload, etc, etc, etc.

CES' (Call Escalation Specialists) are supposed to help phone agents. However, they have so many duties to do outside of helping agents that their backlog of pending work is huge, and then they're told to take phone calls, creating an even larger backlog. They're perpetually stressed and will take it out on front line Agents, even if they don't mean to.

Coaches aren't any better. Phone Agents are supposed to meet with their Coaches 3-4 times a month, just for general feedback, but you can go months without ever hearing a word from them and then all of a sudden you're getting a disciplinary meeting for messing something up. How are you supposed to get better if you never get regular feedback?
  more...
Agents are supposed to get reviews at six months and then annually and raises are contingent on the reviews. Except getting a review on time is the exception rather than the rule. And the review won't just get done eventually. It will get forgotten unless you constantly remind your Coach, who doesn't have time to do it because of all the other stuff Management wants them to do because the business is crumbling. AND they can't even get the information they need to do the review from Management half the time. Those Coaches are probably waiting 6-7 months to get their own review, just like you.

Pay has gone out the window. Bonuses used to come fast and frequent before the company realized how poorly it was doing. Now pay is a coin flip. Coaches do Agent pay, but the system they use to tabulate your working hours and calculate your pay is gone without a replacement. This means people are getting paid by Coaches eyeballing your schedule (if you're lucky) and glancing at attendance emails (if they're putting any effort in) before throwing your hours into an Excel file and being manually tallied. Fingers crossed they remembered you worked overtime three days in a row and had two days of vacation.

Attendance is a joke. There's a brutal point system where if you get 20 points you get fired. Except some people get disciplined the moment the go over a threshold while other people can have, literally (and I mean literally, this is not hyperbole) can have hundreds (PLURAL) of points and not ever get disciplined. Some of it's nepotism. Some of it's that no one was paying attention. Some of it's that the person would be hard to replaced. Arbitrarily enforcing their own rules like this the most telling thing about the company.

And that's the problem. It's not that there's a bad Coach or a bad CES that's causing problems or delays. It's that it's a bad company that abuses every level of its employees, that has problems which run through every level of its business. That will never fix those underlying problems because it would take too much time, time they literally can't afford because they don't make enough profit margins to take the time to properly train people and develop their talent pool.

So many good Agents have quit because they knew they were worth more than how Skybridge was treating them. So many bad Agents are able to wallow for years.

You will never be so happy as the day you find another job.
Pros
Stave off homlessness and starvation
Cons
Mental health, stress
Friend People, Flexible Schedule, Most of the customers are friendly.
Home Brand Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2019
A typical day at work is receiving 50-70 calls, responding to emails, sorting mails and giving the best customer experience you can provide the customers.
Waste your time, that’s fine
CES (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 November 2018
I worked with skybridge for nearly 2 and a half years before leaving. Agents are great, support is helpful, and unfortunately everything else was absolutely abhorrent. I had moved my way through the company through experience and can confidently tell you that they do not value people there. You are a clog in their machine. You are disposable.

On top of a 6 month review that was over 4 months late, the “back pay” that was paid out was immediately taxed away. So in essence, plan on working for less that what a liveable wage is because even when they give you a raise, you’re not getting it.

Then you can talk about the fact that Roadside Assistance is considered an emergency line. We train extensively to assist in trying situations, and are paid just over minimum wage. I’ve seen people walk out in tears because they’re being yelled at over the phone, even watched people walk out for good because they are being verbally abused and the pay is not worth it. You can be employed with CAA and make nearly double.

Management sits in their offices and wags their fingers when something goes wrong but if you are doing a genuine good job, do not expect a thumbs up from them. There is no praise, there is no recognition, there is hardly even interaction. One of the newest managers would not even introduce herself to the majority of her staff but expects a blind regime to follow her orders.

On top of all that, there is an intense sense of double standards and an unsure culture across the floor. They provide improper training and then expect you to instantly be a professional, if
  more... you are not you are removed. They follow a points system in which termination is reached at 20 points, but also have employees that are in the 130 point range and are not let go for “excused” reasons. When bringing it up with HR they WILL belittle you.

If you wish to keep job stability, than remain at the bottom of the totem poll. Because the moment you’re anything else, you’re forced to reapply for your job every 6 months. If you refuse, you will lose your position and be either be let go or demoted. If you - as I did - have experience in the field, it will be wiped clean and you will be nothing to them once again.

I strongly reccomend reaching out to another call center before this one. There is a sickening culture of indifference. They do not care if you stay or go. They will use and abuse your dedication and you will leave there exhausted and upset. I even waited a month to post this review as to not let my anger with them cloud my judgement, but the more I learn the more I know that your well being does not matter to Skybridge Americas anymore and employment with them will surly lead to overwhelming stress and no money to show for it.
Pros
On slow days you can probably read a book in between calls?
Cons
Literally everything else.
People there are really nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2018
Although people you work with are really nice, the client's treatment of the staff makes one think that if they could get away with it, they would have a sweat shop environment.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Staff not valued by the clients
over all experience
Data Entry Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 July 2018
This has been an excellent company to work for. I enjoy the atmosphere. For a first time experience in the Call Center\ Customer service industry, the accounts have been difficult, yet rewarding.
Terrible . Would NEVER recommened .
Roadside Rescue Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 July 2018
Terrible . Terrible . Terrible!!!

High call volume , super rude customers , awful pay ; not worth the stress for 11.15 an hour .
When you needed assistance it was like the supervisors or "coaches" didn't even really know what to do.
There were bugs and vermin running around and they thought it was humorous .
I feel bad for the people who actually have to work to make a living at this place and have to put up with it .
Only good thing about it was the trainer I had was awesome and a few people in my training class were great !
Pros
Awesome trainer and co-workers .
Cons
Highly stressful for little pay... everything!!!
stressful work, only worth it if you're a French agent
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2018
the roadside assistance account is pretty hard to deal with because of high stress situations. rarely do you get praise/recognition for dealing with hard situations or cleaning up other's mistakes. scheduling isn't horrible but if you need a shift change good luck waiting 6 months for them to deny your request. incentives are decent but it's minimum wage if you aren't a French agent. all programs used are terribly outdated and crash during dispatches, it's kind of a nightmare.
Pros
supervisors are typically understanding, free food every once in a while
Cons
extremely long waiting times on shift changes, high stress position, kinda dirty, outdated programs
great place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Its nice and convinent to work here and a very nice start to build your career. your coaches and colleges are very friendly and customers too .
learnta lot in this period
Interesting place
Brand Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2018
While going through training as a work from home brand agent the management was extremely rude and impatient with the trainees. They yelled out of frustration to the point that many of the trainees were left feeling uncomfortable even asking questions. I understand training can be stressful but it can also be handled way more professionally than it was.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor management
Good luck.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 May 2018
Extreme favouritism is displayed. If you're actually a competent employee they will work you to the bone with no chances of advancement or fairness for the work you put in but they will keep idiots around who can barely take calls if they have good attendance. They have a point system and will fire you even if you have legitimate reasons to have absences. The pay is terrible and if you work JJ account you're pretty much getting paid to be verbally abused by Americans on the phone all day.
Pros
the people taking calls are nice
Cons
management is terrible.
Plentiful amount of workers
Allstate Roadside Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2018
I found the management staff at Skybridge Americas to lack an initiative to take control and further the advancement of the company.

The position I held at Skybridge Americas felt fairly demanding, and I feel like the company sees their employees as disposable.

This is not to say it is a bad company -- they are efficient and more sanitary than most call centers I've had experience with. The supervisors and management helped other employees when required, but it felt impossible to advance anywhere in terms of job title or position.
Pros
Sanitary and fast-paced environment.
Cons
Lead employees seemed to lack motivation for advancement of the company as a whole.
Customer Service Rescue Associate
Rescue Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2018
I really enjoyed working there. There's not much to say. It's a call centre. They're all the same. There's a lounge on the first floor and one the second floor.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
It's located on Main Street
poorly managed
Rescue Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2018
the managers do not value employees and treat them as if they're expendable. workers are expected to work in a high stress environment for low wages..
Productive workplace and task oriented workplace
Call Escalation Specialist / Embedded Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2018
Work in my current role consists of watching and monitoring call queues, managing various reports, taking calls and answering both customer service and business related emails throughout the day. The Management Team does excel at fixing issues that may arise last minute, they are also very open to ideas on fixing or adjusting processes if the idea or suggestion is brought up. The environment is very friendly, the staff become friends not only at work but also during off hours times very quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the culture and the almost family like bonds a lot of the staff share.
Brand Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2018
I’ve been at Skybridge as an agent for a year now and find it to be a great place to work. I enjoy working with the people here and the managers I’ve had have always taken an active interest in helping me accomplish my goals. The pay is ok and the incentives help. I’ve been given opportunities to move up in the company too! It’s a great place to work if you are looking for something challenging and fun to do!
Pros
People, free food, incentives, advancement
Cons
Pay could be better
Stressful, low pay job
Brand Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
I’ve worked at Skybridge for a couple of years now and when I first started I recommend the company to my friends. Now that I quit I would never recommend them to anyone. Go anywhere else. Seriously.

Extremely low pay for the amount of things you are required to know/do.

Strict attendance policy. You are given points for every occurrence (even if you are a minute late).

Have to work on holidays.

Management shows favouritism.

You can’t eat or drink at your desk (besides water).

It feels like you’re working in a dungeon. Computers and chairs are very old.

Customers are extremely rude and you can’t talk back or hang up on them. You have to sit there and listen to them yell/scream/swear at you for hours on end.

Raises are strictly attendance based. If you have a few attendance occurrences, you will not get a raise. No matter how good you are on your calls.

If the company upped the pay and appreciate their employees more it may be a more enjoyable place to work.

0/10. Would NOT recommend to a friend. Horrible place to work. Please, if you are considering this place, don’t.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low pay, rude customers, strict attendance policy, old gross chairs
Good Atmosphere, where careers go to die.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2018
I currently work at Skybridge and have been for almost a Year. Though I may be considered "green" I have observed, you either move up by knowing somebody in power or by working here for 10+ years despite how much you qualify.
Pros
Good Atmosphere, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Favoritism is heavily displayed.