Skretting

Skretting Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
One of Company values is innovation but they still do things as 25 years ago.
There is no clarity regarding career advancement and no procedures for most of operational process.
In my time working here i learned a valuable lesson! Your well being and satisfaction is not important to this company. The supervisors are generally more concerned with production numbers then your family and home life. Raises and Promotions are only obtained through vigerous hounding of supervisors and be prepared to not recieve your post probationary raise! Health and Safety taken a side step to the cost of proper maintnence and safety equiptment..to this company you are a statistic and your comments and concerns will be recieved as subordination...
great place to work. pay is good and people are great. makes it easy to go to work.
work/home balance is good.

skretting is a growing company within the aquaculture industry.
Pros
good pay, great benefits and great people
Cons
no vacation in the summer months unless you are salary or management
The hardest part of the job is the required overtime. Takes you away from your family too much.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Excessive mandatory overtime.
I started with Skretting 10 years ago and was able to gain experience and advance my position there. Many people here are long term employees and benefits are great. A little lean on resources but overall a good place to work with the ability to stay long term.
Pros
Benefits, challenging work, work culture
Cons
Staffing resources
You spend more time at work then home and any impovement you try to make are shot down fast. Hot dirty and they do not care about your health and saftey at all.
typical day is moving mountains, feeding the future .. i was taught innovation and sustainability is needed around the world.
Pros
4 day weekends and overtime
Cons
days one week nights the next
Management is disjointed. Each manager works just for themselves and for their own progression. Lower level workers suffer.
When I first started there it was a great place to work, after management was changed the place went downhill. I dedicated 15yrs there and moved up steadily but some of us were let go due to "re-structuring".