SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Work-life balance reviews

Schedule flexibility is the best part about this job, allows you to create your own schedule and be your own boss. Sometimes work fan be slow, depends.
You work in your available time, as a skipthedishes worker I feel satisfied with the schedules since you have the option to choose your hours to work. The only bad thing is that clients often do not give you the incentive for your service and that discourages the worker, you stop spending time with your family to provide a service that is not well paid.
Pros
adapted to your time
Cons
long waiting times, poor remuneration from the client
Don't take this job for full time sometimes you will make $40 after 6 hours. It could be boring as well when it is slow but you also get hit by orders too
Cons
Miss or hit
-Gestion de travail adéquat. -Horaire flexible. -Service à la clientèle à l'écoute en cas de difficulté. -Facile à apprendre.
Engagez vous qu’il disait ! Vous n’aurez pas les moyens de manger ce que vous livrez ... gardez votre job de jour !
Pros
Cons
Haha
Working at skip has helped me grow professionally, they value their employee and does not fire agent. Company is free and fair, management is great but as people make organization, you can still find bad seed.
Pros
Relax and great benefit. 50 to 150 skip credit monthly for free lunch
Cons
I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.
if u have a car n love to drive...........its perfect .just due to cold n curfew, its difficult to work at times but other than that it's been great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes you get unreasonable task
in my area not worth the time when i first began with them in a 4 hour shift could make over $100 now lucky if you make 50 - 60 dollars. not worth the time and effort working for them
Pros
work when you can
Cons
pay not worth it
It's an ok job. You get to drive around, listen to music, pick up and drop off orders. Not too much stress. Problems would be that IF you have an issue with something and contact Skip via email, you won't get much help. They reply with automated responses basically. Sometimes I think there's a language barrier and they don't even understand your question and give you a wacky answer that's no help. They're pretty helpful on the job though, through Chat if its to do with an order. Money wise, it has to be super busy to make money. Weekdays, I barely make $50 in a 4 hour shift. Consider the gas you just used and you've made a whopping $10/hr. You have to decide what it's worth to you. On a busy weekend, it improves a bit. The good thing about it is you can work as little as you want. Getting shifts though and replying on how busy it is to make money the money you need..that's the tricky part. If you need a quick $40 for something that week, this is your job. But you can't really rely on it to pay big bills or rent. Also, remember you're an independent contractor so don't expect any kind of benefits, help with a car accident, or to use them as a reference.
Pros
Drive, listen to music, drop shifts when you need to.
Cons
Not enough shifts, not busy enough, uses a lot of gas.
They're not reliable they don't give you the shifts you ask for they hire way too many people and overpopulate the industry therefore cutting our shifts short many many customer complaints about them they do not assist you properly constantly avoid the questions you ask never give you a direct answer and if you miss a shift or have a reason to miss a shift then they punish you by taking away two more shifts they don't pay enough
You can work a 4 hour shift and have over 80% acceptance rate and make only $20-40 dollars for your 3-4 hour shift. Very rarely nowadays, will you get $17-$20 per hour as they liked to advertise. Working there for over a year after my friend have given up on it. I can tell you its a downward slope in earnings and they will slow you down no matter how many shifts you pick up. They will favor the newcomers. Don't waste your time with this job unless you really need the freedom of time to work as I did. However, I regret not pursuing alternative options.
Good fo extra money for FT workers. Evening shifts are highly recommended for better pay. Shifts during the day isn’t so great. It’s important to know to work at the right time.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hit or miss on orders
Can put your own hours. Flexible to work any time. Only thing is too many drivers so you have to put lot hours to make money. Have to work 7 days a week to make good money
If you are working in departments such as operation specialist etc . I would urge you to not join this company unless it's the only option you got and especially if you get hired on contract position. - The culture is toxic and TL's can be rude and treat yo disrespectfully and they have a sense of arrogance and no leadership qualities . (Example I have seen a girl person crying and others head down in the break room ) - At contracts , you won't get any medical benefits / Dentist etc - The higher management does not promote inclusivity . The operations consist of international students who are exploited foe their situation . - Having worked in tougher jobs but there has always senses a sense of family and having each other back . The communication between work mates is highly discourages . And TLs can open up your private chat messages to your friends . - The pay is not competeitive . It pays a lot of money on it's marketing yet pays it's employees like cans of tuna .
Pros
No Pros, if you have no job it's good
Cons
SkipTheDishes is fun place to work in if you get regular shift on your schedule time and date. You decide what you want to do with your time. I have been with SkipTheDishes for over a year now and really do not have much to complain about them, except that my availabilty usually don't fall on the schedule they have. But I don't expect them to favour me and displease the rest.
Cons
most times shifts don’t fall on my availabilty.
The salary completely depends on you and the time flexibility is a significant pros for me. The customer service is a very supportive and you feel good as a member of the company.
Love the independence, work as little or as much as you want. There are some minor irritations like wait times at restaurants, however, overall pretty great!
Pros
independence
Cons
wear and tear on vehicle
Like any big company, there is a robotic feel to the live operations work after a few months; they used to have fun cross training opportunities and a better managed workforce when they were just Skip; the good old control team controlled operations but later dissipated as algorithms created new roles and made a whole team non existence - it just shows you how progressive skip is as a company, provides full equipment for your work and sponsors immigration requests - easiest place to get along with and work by far for locals and immigrants!
Pros
Free equipment during tenure, growth opportunities
Cons
monotonous, bureaucracy
if it was not for the generosity of some customers you would make about of what you currently get paid there....for a 7 day, 80 hr. week I made $1074, $480 of that was from customer tips paid through the app...so excluding the tips, Skip actually only paid $594 for 80 hrs of my time and I still have to take gas and maintenance off that....
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, and you will mile out your vehicle very quickly....
It is a good job for the people who love driving . You can make your own schedule by your own choice. You can stop your shift whenever you want. Most important thing is you are the own boss at work