SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Pay & benefits reviews

This is good side job if you are looking for an extra money. The bad thing is that you paid by the time you deliver not by kilometers which is in my opinion not fair. they should change this as for a courier most highway and more kilometers consumes more gas and add more kilometers to your vehicle there should be top up with this
Pros
own time
You work in your available time, as a skipthedishes worker I feel satisfied with the schedules since you have the option to choose your hours to work. The only bad thing is that clients often do not give you the incentive for your service and that discourages the worker, you stop spending time with your family to provide a service that is not well paid.
Pros
adapted to your time
Cons
long waiting times, poor remuneration from the client
always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away
Engagez vous qu’il disait ! Vous n’aurez pas les moyens de manger ce que vous livrez ... gardez votre job de jour !
Pros
Cons
Haha
Flexible hours, paid my rent and also had spending money to boot!! Love to book the times of to see my granddaughter. And book extras hours before her visit for extra spending 💸
Pros
Fast cash, Part time or full, my choice😁
Cons
Can't think of any
The company itself has grown in the last two years all except for the employees, seems like wages have decreased and there is way too many drivers, you’ll be on a shift and end up declining all the orders because you become dependant on customer tips, shouldn’t be the customer responsibility to make sure workers are compensated fairly for the amount of work, 25 minutes for $3.49 and my gas no thanks
Pros
Your own hours
Cons
Heavy lack of everything you expect from this type of job
You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.
Pros
Very easy to work around
Cons
Barely any pay without generous tips
I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.
Excellent way to make some extra cash.All your need is a drivers license, a vehicle, thermal bags and a clean background check.Set your own hours and cruise around the city, delivering food to customers.Wages can be very unpredictable.
Pros
Making your own hours
Cons
Unpredictable salary
in my area not worth the time when i first began with them in a 4 hour shift could make over $100 now lucky if you make 50 - 60 dollars. not worth the time and effort working for them
Pros
work when you can
Cons
pay not worth it
I learned that customer service always left positive reviews but tips where always at minimal from clients and weather bonouses were offered at the time I was hired but I never got any and I’ve driven in very dangerous road conditions that’s why I took those jobs those days expecting a bonous on my checks .. never saw any in my account at all nor raises of any kind I had a two year perfect record ( no lates no misses) got best driver / courier award but that’s all and the only recongnistion I’ve got.. so I work very little now do to going nowhere in the career of skip the dishes.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
No benefits
It's an ok job. You get to drive around, listen to music, pick up and drop off orders. Not too much stress. Problems would be that IF you have an issue with something and contact Skip via email, you won't get much help. They reply with automated responses basically. Sometimes I think there's a language barrier and they don't even understand your question and give you a wacky answer that's no help. They're pretty helpful on the job though, through Chat if its to do with an order. Money wise, it has to be super busy to make money. Weekdays, I barely make $50 in a 4 hour shift. Consider the gas you just used and you've made a whopping $10/hr. You have to decide what it's worth to you. On a busy weekend, it improves a bit. The good thing about it is you can work as little as you want. Getting shifts though and replying on how busy it is to make money the money you need..that's the tricky part. If you need a quick $40 for something that week, this is your job. But you can't really rely on it to pay big bills or rent. Also, remember you're an independent contractor so don't expect any kind of benefits, help with a car accident, or to use them as a reference.
Pros
Drive, listen to music, drop shifts when you need to.
Cons
Not enough shifts, not busy enough, uses a lot of gas.
Flexible hours, you get to choose how many hours you’d like in a week. You get paid weekly which is also really nice and with their new update you can cash out any time you want. Some days are really slow but overall it’s a great job!
Pros
Flexible hours
You can work a 4 hour shift and have over 80% acceptance rate and make only $20-40 dollars for your 3-4 hour shift. Very rarely nowadays, will you get $17-$20 per hour as they liked to advertise. Working there for over a year after my friend have given up on it. I can tell you its a downward slope in earnings and they will slow you down no matter how many shifts you pick up. They will favor the newcomers. Don't waste your time with this job unless you really need the freedom of time to work as I did. However, I regret not pursuing alternative options.
Flexible work schedule, good part time job but full time would be a stretch. The app works well but I think they might have underestimated the need for customer service. Overall a pretty good part time income.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
you do have to put in a lot of hours to earn substantial income
I drive for Skip The Dishes when I am between projects on my real job. It is easy and pays the bills. Highly recommend for students or people looking to make some spare change.Support is lacking to say the least. Always get cut and paste responses to issues or questions. Go into this expecting little to no support and you will not be disappointed.Compensation is okay but Skip really has to modify it for wait times at restaurants and distances traveled from restaurants to deliver.Overall a good job and can make money if you hustle. You will not get rich but hey it should not be looked at as a full time pay the mortgage type of job.
Pros
Flexible hours, okay compensation, just drive easy as that.
Cons
Poor support online and offline, pay could be tweeked to account more for waits and distances.
Skip the Dishes lets you pick up whatever shifts are available, so the hours are flexible, but the pay is totally inconsistent. You aren't paid hourly, and none of your costs are compensated for. You can be payed as little as $3 for a delivery, but it's up to you whether you want to take it. My personal highest priced order was around $24, but don't expect much more than $6-$8 on a regular basis. Also, the company is only technically telling the truth when they say that 100% of your tip goes to the driver. If the driver has accepted at least 8 out of the last 10 orders, the company will often top them up to around $6.50 regardless of tip amount. A driver with a high acceptance rate will therefore often make the same amount of money whether a customer tips $0 or $3, it's just a matter of whether the conpany pays the difference or if you do. This job feels pretty demoralizing if you are doing it full time. Tl:Dr the pay is awful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible pay, no benefits, vehicle wear and tear
There are some really good people and they should be promoted but it's about favoritism and the numbers health plays second to the bottom line nothing more
Pros
Good conversation with some gems
Cons
Favouritism
Good fo extra money for FT workers. Evening shifts are highly recommended for better pay. Shifts during the day isn’t so great. It’s important to know to work at the right time.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hit or miss on orders
Can put your own hours. Flexible to work any time. Only thing is too many drivers so you have to put lot hours to make money. Have to work 7 days a week to make good money
Your input is not appreciated and Team Leads seem to be obnoxious that makes a depressing environment . I have worked as an operation specialist and you are not appreciated for your hard work . -The opportunity for growth is pretty low . -If you are hired on contract than you can be dismissed with no benefits or your medical and other benefits are not covered . -The pay is petty for the amount of work . All it's competitor's pay better . -It exploits international students P.S It's a nightmare if you are an international student . The executives are mostly Caucasians and the management is not inclusive on it's hiring practices . The management iand executive positions are occupied by Caucasians .
Pros
Breaks and vocational pay
Cons
Bad culture