SkipTheDishes

Canada908 reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Poor pay

I guarantee you, you’re working just to pay for gas and an oil change. You don’t actually make any money. Not even worth it as a side gig. Extremely inconsistent.

Very little hours and money for the amount of ware on car

Literally make maybe 60$ a night on a decent night and it’s usually 4hr shifts sometimes 3 and u spend atleast 40$ every couple days in gas with a bigger car then a 4 cylinder , not worth the time nor ware and gas money to work for skip

Pros

Free drinks .

Cons

Small pay, long waits and ware on car

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Freedom but insecure and very low pay ( without tip )

It is good for someone want a little extra money and don’t mind covering your own cost of car maintenance. Nowadays, the company seems having too many drivers so they push us to the hard condition that we don’ like ie. Accepting unfair paid order. Without customer decent tip, the company pays averagely even lower than the minimum wage ( remember! You have to pay for your own car, gas, insurance, maintenance and repair)

Pros

some little extra income and can choose own working time if there’s availability

Cons

Very low pay, no bonus no benefit no paid holidays no advancement

A Great Way to make extra cash on the Side...

Doing Skip the Dishes is a fantastic way of making some extra cash on the side. I started doing it when the pandemic slammed down, cutting off all my social activities leaving me with so much free time. You earn from delivery fees and tips...if tips are even made. Most people do Skip as a side part time gig to earn extra cash, some people might do it full time, I'm not sure how much they would make though. How much you earn in your 4-hour shift can depend from what day you do Skip, what time of day, and how much tips are too. If you keep a good record of accepting offers, Skip will add a few cents to the earnings. The down falls for the job would be people being stingy on tipping some don't tip at all, gas is a big expense, can cause ware on your vehicle, and you can find yourself sitting in your car waiting for a while, but there are some days where you doing one delivery after another. Depending on where you live, you can do Skip by bike which gives a great bonus for exercise. The scheduling is weekly, so if you have a job whose scheduling goes say 3 weeks, you can plan when you can do Skip easily.

Pros

Good exercise (if biking), extra money, get to see different restaurants, schedule when you want to work

Cons

Gas expense, waiting for orders, some don't tip

SkipTheDishes

Great work culture. Work from home. Excellent medical benefits. Collaborative work environment. Great balance life-work. Competitive wages. Inclusive work environment.

flexibilite

beaucoup trop de kilometrages pour la paie au finale... usage excessive du vehicule

Pros

depenses trop importante par rapport au revenu

Cons

pas de stabilite manque de transparence du pouboire lors des offres

Flexible, pay is okay but with current gas prices I cannot recommend it.

Pick your own shifts, sign off and on whenever you like. Current gas prices combined with paying for repairs on your car make it not that great of a gig as of right now though.

An absolute headache of a company to work for

Where do I start? The pay is low. When you have good days, it's unbalanced back by slow days. Most tips are low. Skip expects you to drive way too far for low pay. When gas prices spiked, they rolled out a gas subsidy. In reality, those figures are what skip should be paying all along. However, this is all moot because we never recieved any gas subsidy from skip. Skip does not care about it's drivers or customers. From my tenure driving for skip, I have realized that as long as they get their money, they don't care about anyone. The worst part about driving for skip is the acceptance rate system. You can be doing fine having a great day, then all of a sudden you get slammed with completely unacceptable orders. Orders that if you accept, you're possibly spending your own money to take them, or making less than $10/h. Once you go below 80% acceptance rate, forget it. Might as well go home. Skip will literally send you an order and take it away from you to give to another driver with a higher acceptance rate. Keep in mind, you pay for everything yourself because you're a contractor. Fuel, car maintenance, extra insurance, and it's tax free earnings so take more money off your earnings for that.All skip had going for it was the schedule. Now in alot of places, that's gone too. You're take what you're given or no shifts for you. They hire literally anybody and flood the market with poor drivers who have zero common sense when it comes to delivering food, so shifts can get scarce.If you ever need help, forget about support. They're all overseas and send canned responses -

Pros

None anymore

Cons

Too many to list

Fun to drive around

you will do good when you like to drive around town. Good for student when need a part time job.flexible hours for part time jobCons: Gas prices are high and maintenance need to do regularly

Good

Flexible job. You are your own boss. But need customer service attitude. Sometimes learn something. Need drive careful ly don't rushSide job to cover gas prices high andcar insurance.

Not worth the wear on your car

Racks up miles and maintence beats the car bad so it’s not worth it too much wear and tear pay evens out pretty much so that is all that I have to say

Super easy, but needing to pay for your own gas is becoming too much

The job is incredibly easy and flexible, it's just getting too hard to get any money out of it. For a side job it's great, but doing it full time just isn't worth it anymore, car maintenance and gas are just too expensive.

The compensation is too low

The compensation doesn't cover the expenses. We've been increased of the fuel they never made it any kind of increase in the income. And most of the customers don't give you enough tip.

Chill job but don’t make much money

This job is honestly really nice as you get to choose your own hours but you don’t make enough money. Usually by the end of a shift I have made about minimum wage but once gas is taken off it’s next to nothing. It’s helpful on my days off but I couldn’t make a living off of it.

Pros

Low stress

Cons

Low pay/ not compensated for gas’s

No fun working for this outfit

Pay is pitiful skip management don’t give a 💩about their customers or couriers driving for less than minimum wage after paying for gas maintenance insurance

Flexible Job

This job is great for those who aren't able to work regular hours. You pick your own shifts, and can logout early - or work later if there are overflow or regular shifts available. Do not try to count on making a specific amount of $. It varies by shift... Sometimes drastically.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Inconsistent earnings

This job was great at first. But has declined in the last three years do to the economy

I was happy for the first two years working at Skip The Dishes. I was fairly busy, It kept me active and I made decent money. However, this year the job has been steadily declining. It is not that it is not a good company. It is and you have so much freedom, but, with the increase in fuel prices everything has followed and all prices and interest rates are up across the board. So needless to say the first thing that people will cut from there household expenses is delivery. It is not a necessity and this job has slowed considerably.

Pros

Lots of freedom with work schedule, Cherry pick shifts, and work when you want.

Cons

Unless you drive an electric vehicle, it is hard to make any money now.

Worse place- full of favouritism

They will hire you, for 9 months they will not provide you a Team Lead. No evaluation on your progress. You won’t even have a hint what their QA is or KPI’s are, then out of the blue they will cut your hours and fire you. Most stressful company I have worked with. They won’t even raise your pay. But they will surely raise your work load every month. They will make you work you extra. Tasks are given on basis of favouritism. Easy tasks are always given to favourites and if you complain about it nobody means NOBODY cares.In the end- don’t work for them. They are leeches of corporate society. They won’t pay their employees and their couriers. They take cuts on everything they can.

Flexibility

I’ve been working with skipthedishes for years and If you want to make money you’ve got to be committed to it . Tips is what makes the money for us drivers.

Pros

On your own time

Cons

Gas prices

Just bad

Never start delivery with skips. They are robbing everyone of profit except themselves. You make no money, waste of gas. More than needed ware and tare on your car.

Cons

Lots of gas used, time waster, greedy

Work your own pace

Being able to work on your schedule is absolutely perfect depending on your downtime either working here part time or as your only job. Don't expect to be raking in thousands a month but decent pay for what you do.

Pros

Can work as many hours as you'd like.

Cons

Not a viable option to survive on alone.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement