SkipTheDishes Pay & Benefits reviews

Good
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 August 2018
Good place to work and be your own boss and choose your ownt time to work in the week, when ever you are free you can book an extra shift and earn some cash.
Pros
Self supervisor
good for extra money
Courier Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2018
iam guy in brampton got 1.8 l car good in gas i accept my partime job is not per hour its per delivery yes we lose time sometimes to wait orders wait for 2 hours but i accept that skip is not busy everyday all depend on the time you get lunch time is good dinner is not bad as well take note this is only extra money for your pocket if busy you gain if not you lose time some costumer give tip some is not if ur lucky you get 8-10 bucks tips + transit pay and for maintenance just change your oil in time your car still good shape and please guys dont complain about the gas if ur car is dodge charger honda accord v6 hyundai genesis i seen it some skip drivers the worse thing i seen is audi a4 2.0t dont be stupid using this car with premium gas
Pros
your the boss / no rushh
Cons
no stable salary
Terrible work culture
Success specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2018
More like #skipsowhite #skipthejoboffer if you are not a white or Indian person, your chances are any promotion/ advances are zero to none. The managers are deathly afraid of the supervisors who basically run the show and treat the agents worse than the garbage at the roadside. There are no raises given even after working for a year and you can kiss any work - life balance good bye as you are expected to work any and all shifts given, regardless of your availability.
Pros
Still waiting to see one
Cons
Your joy and life will be sucked out your soul
Decent place to work, but a little incoinvenient at times.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 July 2018
Skip The Dishes is a decent job. The pay was all right and getting all set up as a driver was easy, however some things they did, I didn't agree with.
Independent and Easy going
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2018
A good place that allows you to be independent and allow you to go at your pace.

Learn about lots of destinations and neighbourhoods within Winnipeg, along with knowledge about lots of restaurants
No work life balance, horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2018
The only good part of the job is the people you work with. Hours of operation are constantly changing with no notice and are expected to work which ever hours they choose. They ask you to submit your availability 3 weeks in advance, but you often don't get your schedule until the week, or sometimes a few days before. Management is a complete mess. They expect employees to go above and beyond but give absolutely no incentive to do so.

If you don't mind having no personal life, and working in a highly disorganized environment, this is the place for you.
Easy, flexible hours
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
The pay isn’t great but they let you choose your availability and never mess up which hours you want to work, easy enough job of you can carry cash and can stand driving around for a long time
Pros
Hours you work are exactly how you choose them each week, get paid every week instead of every 2 week
Cons
Don’t get paid by the hour
Glorified Call Centre
Partnership Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2018
Skip likes to talk about "culture" and "fit" and being a "start up" and while those buzz words may get you excited about working for a growing company, they shouldn't.

Their on-boarding process is pathetic. They'll hire you for a job that sounds amazing but tell you very little about what it actually is. Then they make you go through a month of cross training in various other roles including live support which is a straight up call centre. Once you finally get through that and you get to the team you'll be working for, you still don't have any idea what you're supposed to be doing but you'll realize that the entire place and every role within is call centre related. (Unless you're in the cool building with marketing)

Benefits are basic and nothing to be excited about, the "culture" is dirty bathrooms, dirty work stations, a 30 min unpaid break for an 8 hour shift, but hey there's free oatmeal!

Don't bother working for this place unless you're young and just getting started. If you have any work experience in anything, go use it somewhere else where you'll be more than a number in a call centre.
Pros
You can wear whatever you want. Some guy was walking around the office barefoot
Cons
Some guy was walking around the office barefoot
Payment is bad
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
You drive a lot and pay for your gas as well as ware and tare and payment is low pay. you dive about 30 mins for 1 job and most give you about 2 dollar tips. this job is ok if there are close deliveries and good tips.
Pros
Make your own shifts
Cons
bad pay
flexible time hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
Also, You can work whenever you want to make money,
Salary can be really low. this is the pros and cons

They also do not pay for the gas and salvage value for the car.
Not happy with earnings
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2018
They send you far away to pick up food and deliver food.
And only getting paid $3.50 - $5. You can make money if you get tip on top.
Delivered 6 trips - average drive was 10 to 12 kilometres and 20 to 25 minuets each trip and average pay was $4 each trip.
Think about gas money and car maintenance plus time you spend to pick up food from restaurant and delivery food to the customer.
Not worth it at all.
Another thing is they charge you $75 for delivery bag which is not even worth $25. And this is how they make money in front.
When I called them to quit and asked to return bag And want my money back ($75) they said sorry we can’t give you refund.
I said why you didn’t tell me that when I signed up with you and he said it’s our policy.
Cons
Long distance and time to drive. Car runs a lot compare to what you get paid. $75 bag charge.
Flexible hours, but meant to be a PART TIME job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 March 2018
Skip the Dishes is a great way to earn a little extra cash. However you need to have an open mind, zero expectations, and a positive attitude. You won't make the same amount each week, sometimes you won't get tipped, but on a whole its a pretty cool little side job. You do need to have a pretty decent data plan, and a fuel efficient car. While working for skip you do need to be reliable, be personable, and have patience. On a whole I like the job and with the right attitude it can be fun!
Pros
VERY Flexible Hours, a good way to earn some extra cash
Not Worth It!
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 March 2018
The only positive thing about working for Skip the Dishes is the flexibility of the shifts.

Just the start up costs of joining Skip is heavy.... You'll need:

Your own car and be able to pay for gas out of pocket
Smartphone with at least 2 gigs data
Pay at least 150$ for 2 delivery bags BEFORE getting a single shift

The pay is commission based that is calculated ONLY for the drive to the customer. !So your effectively only earning money for half the effort that goes into each delivery!. The tips you receive from customers is on average half than you would normally get at a similar job. The pay rate between deliveries of similar distance tends to be random.

At best on average you'll get 1 delivery per hour. Only getting more on rare occasions or the 1-2 "busy" days of the week.

The Operators on the Courier "Success" Team are terrible at their jobs. If you have a problem expect to wait 10min or more just to get their attention. They constantly mix-up information and tend to be quite rude when drivers do things "Exactly" as they supposed to.

This company has many divers already (Hundreds PER City). At one point I heard that Skip had almost 300 drivers in my city alone. Which limits extra shifts in the area.

Conclusion:

Low Pay
Pay for your own gas
Limited extra shifts available
Incompetent Operators/Dispatchers
Minimum 150$ start up cost

NOT WORTH IT!!!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible Pay and extremely rude Operators
Flexibility and a chance to meet all kinds of people
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
I actually like SkipTheDishes network, and I use it to order food too, it's a great idea and Skip made it the best in town. I also like working for them, as I get to manage my own time. The pay isn't very good but its not bad as extra cash.
Good for Students who need some income
Courier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2018
Been working as a courier for Skip for now 2 months and as a student it is very easy money. A lot of reviews say that pay is poor but really pay all depends on the location and the amount of people, I average around $100 per 4 hour shift ($25 an hour) and my car only uses $10 in gas per shift.

There are many flaws with the system however, the dispatchers and people who help you on the chat feature are sometimes rude and inpatient. Another flaw is that you cannot decline an order such as orders where the money is low (<$6), cash orders (Hate them) and alcohol orders (where you have to carry a specific licence).

Overall, this is a good job for a student who needs money on the side to fall back on if they need it.
easy work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2018
very good app that provides the information about deliveries. customer service is also very good and effective. also provide a huge variety in eatables from all corners of the town.
Pros
good tips from cutomers
flexible hours
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
The hours are really flexible and you can pick the days and hours you would like to work. The only downside is when people not give tips and house is really far
Simple second job
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2017
I'm not sure why everyone on here complains about low earnings. In a 3 to 4 hour shift I typically earn $70 - $100. Doing this job is not rocket science, it's the easiest way I've ever earned extra money on top of my regular job. From my very first shift I thought the whole thing was brilliantly set up. Pick your hours and do your deliveries. Yes it's that simple.
Pros
Flexible and decent income
Cons
Winter driving sucks. It slows down the number of deliveries i can make.
Not worth the gas money
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2017
This job caused a lot of wear and tear on my car, as well as makin me have to pay $60 in gas every day that i’m working. I had some trouble with the app, as well as being sent to a restaurant, and then getting there to find the order had dissapeared from my jobs list (no compensation was given for the gas and time I spent on these orders to receive $0.

However, you can bring friends with you to make the job easier and faster, the schedules are very flexible, and you can get to know a lot of new restaurants in your city.
Pros
Can bring friends, flexible hours
Cons
VERY low pay
Good ideas, but not keeping up with the exponential growth
Live Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2017
This job would be great for someone fresh out of high school. However, there are plenty of problems as they seem unable to keep up with the growth of their network. They seem to be organized yet I talked to many customers who had issues that were never addressed. There is also a definite lack of adequate communication between some departments, which I found odd since the technology is there to smoothly communicate. "Flexible scheduling" means that if you have open availability expect to work evenings/nights a lot. The pay is not competitive. The parking situation makes it even less competitive when you are paying $200 a month to park. The benefits are not good either. That being said, management, while sometimes not experienced enough, is usually pretty good. And there are some definite stand out team leads that deserve a standing ovation for how hard they work. It can also be a fun environment. The time typically goes back quickly. As I said, it's a good first job, but if you have experience don't bother because you will end up frustrated.
Pros
Good team leaders, great coworkers, always busy
Cons
Pay and benefits are not competitive, poor communication, general confusion during busy times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkipTheDishes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9