SkipTheDishes logo

Clear
Work-life balance
2.6

Too much stress

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..

Good as a first job ( or if you are a student )

The job itself is not that hard but it does get annoying rather fast. The problem that can be seen in the office is that no team leader cares about what is happening they have favourites that can pretty much do whatever they want and they will not receive any kind of warning, now the moment someone else pulls up their phone they jump on you like mad man, some of them are always on the lookout going around the rows just to see if anyone is working ( except the favourites) I have seen some managers just stand up go around then sit down. It's definitely not a place that you want to stay for long periods of time.

Pros

Free oatmeal and milk

Cons

Too many favourites

Screw all these delivery companies

Uber, skip are the worst examples on how to treat your independent contractors(lifeline) because without them you have nothing. Shame on these greedy slugs for cutting pay more then half. Do not waste your time with either company, it's not worth it. The idea sounds nice but the pay is horrible and you're paying gas, maintenance and earning nothing. They should be shut down, everyone should quit both of them. Let them make thier automated vehicles which they have to maintain and put gas lol bankruptcy will be in the future for these guys. They deserve nothing more then how they treat thier drivers.

Cons

Dynamic place to work with plenty of opportunity

I've been with Skip for 8 months as a member of the Corporate Communications team. It's been a radical, but enjoyable shift from government work to the private sector. Now is a great time to join Skip as the company is busy developing internal best practices across the organization. I've found senior management to be open to collaboration and eager to utilize my expertise. The work environment is fun and upbeat!

Pros

Never feels routine

Cons

Open concept isn't always great, but there is plenty of private space to use when you need

Versatile workplace

It has provided me the opportunity to put into practice my skills. Every day it's an opportunity to learn new abilities. Management provides resources and support to continue growing within the company.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Working weekends

Horrible

The worst service the worst company they are really terrible

Don’t waste your time with skip the dishes

When you need to call them to resolve an issue, such as why didn’t you get your amount deposited. It will take you days to get a response. There don’t care about the the courier driver. Total waste of time

Pros

Free food that’s it, if order gets messed up

Cons

The worse place I’ve ever worked for

Worst Job Ever

There should be a 0 option for salary/benefits (because there are no salary or benefits). 0 for job security/advancement because you are 100% disposable and “””independent subcontractor””” while also being fully controlled by skip, no opportunity for advancement. 0 for management because Im not convinced there even is any, Ive worked for skip for 9 months and have yet to be speak to one in any form over my many phone calls/emails/chats. Customers who complain say the same thing. Everything is hidden behind their low level employees. 0 for job culture because it is toxic, no one cares about you. Skip only cares about themselves, restaurants all hate skip and in turn hate couriers as well.

Pros

Free psychological and emotional trauma

Cons

Slave labour

No recognition for hard work or talent. No growth opportunities

The management doesn't cares about the employees. No career growth opportunity. No process or policy in place. No recognition or appreciation for talent.

Would not recommend unless a high school student

You make a delivery and your only pay is the delivery fee between $3-$6 90% of the time and if someone tips you get that as well. ( again people often do not tip, so you do not get much money). Skip also employs way too many people in one city so sometimes you only get one order an hour. I’ve worked double shifts (between 8-10hours) and have only gotten paid $40 for the whole day. You spend more money most nights in gas than you make. If someone does not answer their phone or your door you also have to sit there for 10 minutes while skip tries to contact them.

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

Too many people, low pay, high gas prices, management

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

See more jobs

Unhealthy work environment, rude team leaders, horrible company

SkipTheDishes holds a bad reputation for treating their employees badly. The training was very poor,sloppy and rushed. You’ll work like a donkey with no appreciation or acknowledgment of your hard work. Most team leaders are no help at all. They move in packs and answer you rudely or with no interest at all in helping you thrive. There is a lot of favouritism. The company itself is very disorganized and there is no proper communication line between stakeholders. It is not the most fillfuling job to do to be honest

Pros

Cons

Rude coworkers, No room for growth, tedious job, favoritism

Started off better than it has been going.

Doing this for a year. The first year was pretty good, average of about $10 per delivery, before gas expense. Over a 4 hour shift I'd make between $50-$80 before gas. When I started SKIP offered bonuses for some shifts between $5-$10, but that was short lived. Also you couldn't end shift early without talking directly with management. Also, now you can decide not to take an order. So, after about 7-8 months my average went from $50-$80 for 4 hours to $35-$55 per 4 hours. Busy season was winter, I suppose because more drivers sign-on for the warmer months. I can't explain the decline in pay but I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe SKIP just favours newer drivers? Maybe drivers need to drive to pther parts of the city to stay relevant? Also I was forced to upgrade from 3g to 4g data or the tracking doesn't work. Unfortunately I will have to down-grade due to loss of income.

Pros

If you need some extra cash it's fine. Paid weekly, usually before Fiday. Easy if you like driving.

Cons

Don't become too dependent on SKIP, You are a number on a list and will likely be replaced by drones in the near future.

it was all good when I started then went south after 3 or 4 months

...when you've been marked or flagged for asking, suggesting and saying your concerns (support/success team), skip life became so hard to a point you started begging to get an order. they have no regards to the couriers & affiliated restaurant staff/crews, and so sad, even for customers. Maybe probably not all, but in general, the entire Skip Team (management, couriers, restaurants, clients) falls apart.

Pros

it's just a good part time job & earn extra money with time flexibilty

Cons

very poor and rude customer support service

Don't do it

The only way to get a decent income with this is working non stop even then no guarantee that you will get any orders. They don't care about their drivers, so you're on your own if something happens. They write it down in you file that's it...... Yea that's really going to help. I've had to wait over 45 minutes on hold to talk to the courier service people to talk to them about an order meanwhile the food is getting cold and disgusting. I was also messaging them through their app. It's not worth wasting your gas to be in a ”hotspot” so you can maybe get one order your entire shift. A load of Bull as far as I am concerned I will never work for them again and I'll tell everyone not to. I've also been told issues with them from the restaurants. Not worth it

Cons

No pay, waste of money, don't care

Skip this job !

A faceless entity that runs on algorithms and generic responses . I have been delivering for skip almost a year full time . Long hours 12-14 hours 7 days a week averaging about 10-12 dollars an hour before my expenses ( maint/fuel/ins./taxes ) . Skip is the poster child of what we can look forward to in the ever increasing presence of gig economy and the shortcomings it will present to the worker . The customer base is decreasing due to negative reviews and the courier force is increasing due to lousy economy . The landscape is flooded with couriers because Skip can generate revenue just by selling the thermal bags to you for $ 75 with miniscule cost to them . Just download the app buy the bags and voila you have a job . If you pay for an order on behalf of the customer out of your own pocket (cash order ) and for what ever reason the order does not get delivered ( refused due to long wait time , wrong instructions , etc . ) you are told that it will be reimbursed but more often it is not prompting you to contact skip to resolve the issue . That of course will be another lousy experience as you will be put on hold and listen to this dreadful funeral music for 20 minutes if you are lucky more like 30 , 40 minutes . If you are not frustrated by now and someone does finally answer it is usually with an incomprehensible accent with no clue what you are talking about . I anxiously await the results of class action lawsuit that was launched in the summer of 2018 agains Skip . By the way after being on hold on two separate occasions amounting to 58 minutes I have been disconnected -

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Terrible management, couriers set up to fail, lousy pay, no benefits .

17 Hours for making $150

Hello, I have been working on this company since last late February. My overall rating is 0 star. Let me explain; Work / Life Balance: Its terrible because you live in the car. Everybody says its FLEXIBLE. It`s partially true. You pick your shifts but you have to sit and wait order. It look like dating with a girl. Waiting waiting and waiting notifications. Salary/Benefits: I don`t want to say anything. Whoever I talked skip courier everybody is angry. They are right. On 3 hour shift you make maximum 50 bucks TIPS are included. Mostly you make 35-40 bucks. Minimum is 22 dollar. In that time period you make easily 70 - 85 km. If you know math Calculate it. Also Benefits?? Are you kidding me, of course there is no benefits. You are CONTRACTOR. Job Security: There will be always order, as long as you stay on the system. Management: I don`t anyone from management but I keep inform chat guys if something happens. I respond and try to help. Job culture: Its really bad I hate bad drivers. Sometimes I am thinking how they got these liecences. Thank you

Pros

No Boss

Cons

long hours no overtime bonus

Easy time managing

This job isn't going to fill your pockets easy but it definitely is a good way to make extra cash on top of a full time job. This job works great cause you pick when you work and you can end your shift really easily if you are too tired or don't want to work any more

Pros

Time Management

Cons

Low Money

Too many drivers

They have over stocked drivers in red deer. Don't even bother applying. This is an ad that needs to come down cause they are screwing over all the good drivers. You don't make any money because people do not tip well. They minimum tip amount is too low. They need to up delivery fees if people want there food. Otherwise the order will keep getting passed around from driver to driver. Who's gonna drove from Vanier to Johnstone to gas alley for 3.50?? You get maybe 1 order every hour and a half. Too many drivers. Low delivery fees. Waste of time. Not a good job. And I've done the delivery life for 12 years,

Cons

Low delivery fee for long distance, too many drivers, bad management, very few orders on the supposed busy night like saturday, Screwed over all good drivers by over populating drivers.

A lot of favoritism

They literally dont care about you. I worked 3 months without knowing about my progress even tho I kept pressuring my team lead to meet with me. (they kept setting up meetings but wouldnt follow thru or even communicate with me) The hours were ok and I enjoyed some of the people I worked with. Some of the people there are extremely rude and not helpful at all. Theres this one girl who is a team lead who is always angry and cranky for no reason and will literally ignore you if you approach her with any questions. Overall, I didnt enjoy working here its just your typical call centre. You NEVER get the weekends off and you will have to pick a bone with them to change your schedule.

Pros

Blah

Cons

8 hour shifts with only 1 unpaid 30 min break, they will hunt you down if you are away for 10 mins from your seat, messy co workers, they dont care about you you generally, you will have to kiss up to receive recognition

can be good but also not

the management need to focus on there app some food get put into limbo because delivery drives dont want to take the order. the reliability system should be based on how good you are as a driver and not if you can make you shift, drivers who constantly dont exept no tip orders should not be allowed to drive. other then that its a decent job and you get to do what you want.

Bon environnement de travail

J’ai aimé le travail avec SkipTheDishes il y’a une bonne communication entre les coursiers et l’adm

Pros

Des primes

Cons

Il y’a pas

2.9