SkipTheDishes logo

Clear
Work-life balance
2.6

Too much stress

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..

Tedious, poor management and too much favouritism

This was my worst job experience so ever. They expect so much work from you yet they offer low pay. You can clearly see that some team leads suck up to the management and will only be friendly and helpful towards you until they leave. Don’t expect an advancement here because you can only grow in the company from knowing someone in a higher position than you. Your hard work won’t be recognized and you’ll just be treated as a disposable. Their problem solving overall with important stakeholders like customers and couriers isn’t effective enough. I’d say this job is good if you’re part time and still in school but as a career I’d never recommend it. Hopefully they can put more work into treating employees and couriers equally and fairly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Lack of work/life balance, favouritism, boring

Good Management and Opportunities for growth.

Very empathetic with employees as they are with customers. Lots of opportunities for learning and growth. The company is growing fast and people get promoted rapidly. Mostly in winter, the opportunity for working extra is offered, which helps you earn extra cash. Very polite Management.

Fun

A Typical day at work, I drive around all day, either boiling in my vehicle, or getting rained on when the weather in my opinion is quite nice, and not Sunny. What i learned from this job, is that people are either really friendly, or really grumpy, and a few people will tip nicely, more than expected, or some people will not tip at all, which sucks, but you get used to it doing the job. I don't really have any management, but I can call the help support if need to, and sometimes the wait times are a bit long, but the customer service people are always friendly and super helpful, thanks everyone. The workplace culture is fantastic, I am by myself, which is a job I have always wanted to do, and i can listen to music, anything I want, and in a way I am my own boss. The hardest part of the job, is sometimes having to wait for orders to come in, or having to put gas in my tank a lot, hard part is reaching a customer's place and they get annoyed if you are late, either because of the restaurant taking a bit of time to get the food cooked or ready, I have worked in restaurants, so I know what its like, its not the cooks faults if the food takes a while to cook, or construction and traffic, again not the workers fault or others stuck in traffic, or my fault either, but hey what yeah going to do? The most enjoyable part of the job, I can be by myself, listen to my own music, and get to drive around and sometimes work late at night when not so many people are around. So overall, my experience with Skip the Dishes, is an amazing one.

Pros

Can work alone, listen to my own music, can do errands if slow, and I can work whenever I want, whenever I want

Cons

Long Hours sometimes sucks, Needing to fill up on gas quite a lot, and dealing sometimes with annoyed or angry customers

Wouldn't recommend

You do not make enough to make it worth what you spend on gas. Skip doesn't seem to care about employees once they've hired them. Would never work with them again.

arnaque

j ai commencé à travailler avec cette compagnie depuis 6 mois .. au debut les revenus etaient correctent . Maintenant le système est fait de sorte qu’on ne puisse pas depasser un certain montant de revenu . dés que tu arrives à 50$ ils refuse de te donner plus de commande alors que tu es deja loin de chez toi . Il n’ya aucune transparence sur les revenus .. les clients donnent des tips et ils ne sont pas payés aux livreurs. le montant deposé est de loin inférieur aux montant affiché sur l app. le système ne rémunère pas en fonction de la motivation du livreur .. c est deja programmé d avance dés que tu atteins certains montant il s arrete .. ce n est pas motivant .. Ce n est vraiment pas l’endroit pour faire de l’arge c’est de l ´esclavage moderne. le service à la clientèle est injoignable et pas di tout professionnel.

Poor Management, boring

At first it was great, in training and interviews they said shifts were flexible and we could even create our own schedules. This was great because I was in school. Once the training was over, you're on your own. Management may as well be non-existent. You're micro-managed by your peers that walk around with laptops for *help* but when you actually need them they're talking to their friends/management in a corner. If your schedule is messed up because of their weird, unclear expectations, you're on your own. Good luck dropping that shift. I ended up having to quit because every 2 weeks they scheduled me on a shift I specifically indicated I was unavailable for. Raises are non-existent. They say they give you a review once a month after training. Hadn't received one and I was there over 6 months. After speaking to co-workers about a raise, they said you're lucky if you get 30 cents at the end of a year. Don't waste your time, they demand perfection but pay for mediocracy. Management needs an overhaul, I should not hear my peers being scolded for things they messed up on in the middle of the call centre. How unprofessional can you be. If you dare join this company, make friends quickly. Try and make friends with people close to the higher-ups. Their is MAJOR favouritism and they don't even try to hide it. I would see people working in my position wasting their shift away walking around, talking to their friends who walked around *in case you need help* meanwhile, you talk to the person next to you too much and they ask why you're not taking a call. (This happened more -

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

management, micro-management, low morale, high expectations, low pay for job requirements

Great second job, but not as a primary one

I’ve been a Skip Driver for a few years now, in different cities, and I find that being a Skip Driver is a great second income, as you have the flexibility of choosing your own schedule, allowing you to have a great work/life balance. You work with some great people in terms of other drivers you meet, and gives you a chance to explore and find new restaurants in your city. But...saying all that, don’t expect to make this your primary income; pay is very low, so if you’re not busy, you’re not making much, as pay is based off the amount of orders you get, not hourly. Also, many times, you waste more gas than the pay you make in a day, so be cautious when choosing to drive. And sometimes, shifts are also hard to come by. In terms of interactions with dispatch and management, don’t expect much; dispatchers are based in Winnipeg and don’t know your city, so understand your basically on your own unless there’s an emergency. Also, interactions with management seems to fall on deaf ears, as Skip, in my opinion from my countless interactions, don’t take feedback seriously or make a conscious effort to show they even care. Also, understand you’re using your own vehicle and insurance, so be prepared and have enough coverage.

Pros

Choose own schedule, explore new restaurants, work/life balance, independence

Cons

Lack of shifts, low pay, poor management

Worst job ever

I worked as a courier. The volume of the orders is not stable at all. Sometimes there is even no one order in an hour, or even couple hours. This job just wasted time and gas. Doesn’t matter for the transit fee, because sometimes you have to drive back without any orders, so that means you need to pay your own fee to drive back. Maximum wage you can get is 20 bucks per hour, lowest is 0. We work as the courier could offer convince for customer but we also work for ourself to get money.

Pros

I don’t think it has the pro

Cons

Low pay, no benefit, waste time, low management

No advancement. No guaranteed wage.

You can accept orders but you can't promptly decline them. You have to wait for a timer to go out. You see your tip and money prior to accepting which can be cool. However, Its a terrible job and the employer DOES NOT care about you at all. This is an important part of a GOOD JOB and it has NO care for its workers . Appaulling. EAT LOCAL and USE LOCAL DELIVERY

Pros

freedom

Cons

everything else

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

See more jobs

unwelcomed scab company

poorly run , pests. unwanted scab company annoying callers and drivers. complicated, can't get the orders right, bother restaurants with bogus calls to check up, disturbing the staff and customers trying to enjoy the night out . a lot of the restaurants have their own drivers so they are a redundant pain in the butt and expensive. might as well flush your money down the toilet

Pros

Cons

bad experience all around, parasites sponging off real businesses.. big mess

Complete Lack of Professinalism

Hours were random, complete lack of job security, management was horrific. Training was good, coworkers are amazing but there is no specific amount of hours and they were doing layoffs

Below minimum wage, very for management

I’ve been doing Skip The Dishes for two years in Vancouver and when I first started in 2018 I was getting an average of $11 per order so I’m roughly made around $25-$30 an hour. As of January 2019 the pay has substantially been slashed, almost in half. My average order now is about $6-$8 and the wait time per order is sometimes quite a while. The app is easy to use it’s really easy to have lots of free time and work when you want but when you see orders for $2.95 $4.20 $3.95 it’s a slap in the face. They are very secretive about how the payment structure works they just say at different times they get paid different amounts but they won’t disclose that information. I like Uber eats because they are very transparent with what they pay and how they pay as well as door dash but ive heard door dash steals tips so I i unno. All in all I wouldn’t recommend it at this point unless he started paying more and treating their drivers more professionally. Get a Courier job that you don’t have to drive your own vehicle because cats will kill you. I do Skip The Dishes full-time and I spend about $600 a month just in gas. That’s like roughly $2000 a month take-home, then you have oil changes and other car maintenance costs as well. not worth it

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No money, Poor management

Very low income potential with High risk of loss

With todays rising gas prices, it is very hard to come out of a shift with even 2/3s of what minimum wage is at. Im currently delivering in North Bay Ontario for Skip the Dishes due to the low job opportunity rates. I work close to 44 hours per week and I have yet to see a $400 paycheck in a week... And that is not including gas allowance. The agents that are supposed to be kind and courteous to the drivers are actually arrogant and most times do not understand the situation before "copy and pasting" their version of a solution. I could go on for hours and hours about how horrible it is to work for Skip The Dishes but at this time, it is one of the very few entry level opportunities for myself in my small city. I'm currently seeking other means of employment. Another thing you will notice if you work for Skip is that everything is driver blamed and no one else will take blame for something that is their fault, this includes skip management, Skip agents, Restaurant workers, and customers.

Pros

I will say they are very oblivious to opting out of shifts at any given time, its nice to get off work early on a friday night.

Cons

Pretty much everything but that one listed Pro.

Excellent

Good for students starting jobs. Very flexible according for time management. Best thing about getting the job here is also the worst thing that is, you just need a car. Very fast and responsible management. Helpline always there when needed as far as courier's point of view. Had a very fun time working here. Sometimes eded up with really good tips.

Advise you look elsewhere

Low pay lucky to get 50-100 dollars after gas in a day, management... Difficult to get a hold of at best of time, will screw over given even the slightest chance, had multiple orders that had already been delivered by someone else or cancelled that were supposed to have part of the transit payed that was never payed, other orders were given to us hours after they were supposed to be delivered, company is very unreliable when trying to contact for problems with orders can be made to wait 30 plus minutes and still not get a response, and the in-app chat is almost only automated responses that at times only slightly relate to your question and when you do get a person they usually make things as hard as possible for you

At first it was great but working here was awful and frustrating

Good as a part time ( once in a week atleast 4 hours a shift). Management is a joke. No good communication from co workers. Decling an order is a Red flag to their system

Pros

Non

Cons

No work stability

It’s an okay job

This job was my second job and I thought everything was awesome at first but that ended up going down the drain fast. The hours are weird and there isn’t a whole lot of flexibility, you also aren’t given a whole lot of training. I pretty much went 2 months without a proper lead (she didn’t care too much about me) and some of them are kinda aggressive. The other coworkers seemed to click with me fine and I love them. Although I don’t see myself working here much longer. The customers also seem to be mad aggressive over their order being 10 mins late

Pros

free oatmeal, some coworkers are cool and it’s downtown

Cons

constantly angry customers, leads that either don’t care or are tracking your every move, whack hours

Scam! They want you to buy Thermal Bags before you're hired!

Unprofessional and Unrealistic! They want me to purchase Thermal Bags and pay for a Background Check before I'm hired. And there's no guarantee of being hired. And also said that, they'd refund me after, if I didn't get hired. That not only doesn't make sense, but is also a scam. To have to potentially figure out how to get a refund and deliver the Thermal Bags back to them would be a huge inconvenience and waste of time out of my day. They're forcing people to buy into their business, without actually hiring them first! Is that even legal? I wonder how many people have bought the Thermal Bags and were not hired and SOL!

Pros

Cons

Scam, Unprofessional, Unrealistic

Encouraging, innovative and approachable teams.

SkiptheDishes is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to take on new challenges independently. Management at this company encourages self-starters and ensures they get the job satisfaction and recognition they deserve.

Pros

Cons

Rotational shifts/odd hours

pathetic place to work

these people don't care about their couriers or the people who are working with them. they are long waits when you're trying to reach them. specially the courier support team they don't know how to talk and they are very rude. pathetic company to work with.

2.9