SkipTheDishes logo

Clear
Work-life balance
2.6

Too much stress

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..

The perfect job for ANYONE with a car

I can't say this enough, but if you're in need of work and have a car, you're silly for not trying Skip. THIS IS A PART TIME JOB, DON'T EXPECT A FULL.

Not enough orders and poor management

They are hiring a lot of drivers in the area and there are not enough orders. The worst thing about SkipTheDishes is their support team. They never helped me and never take their job seriously. I have taken screenshots of some funny conversations with them. Totally ridiculous. I could give them 0 stars if there’s a option

Young Company with Ambitious Growth

Going to work everyday was generally a blast at Skip, for the most part. A lot of that had to do with being around young, professional, like-minded individuals. Skip has gone through a lot of changes both before, during, and after my time there. Adjusting to the growth seemed to be a struggle for the internal operations at Skip as there was a lot of unprepared people in management roles. They tried their best but often made a lot of impulsive or under-developed decisions which hindered the experience of many employees. I believe that things have turned around a decent amount and it is now becoming a better atmosphere.

Review at skip the dishes

Great work environment and management. Team leads are very understanding and they provide training or help at any point of time. Work was challenging when the cities were too busy but leads and managers helped us out to cover the gated zones.

Best job to do as per own schedule

If you thinking about the delivery driver job In the comfort of your car, skip the dishes is best job to do as per own schedule.you will going to learn time management effectively including customer service.

Na

- Good work culture - Pay is low compared to other businesses - Stressful, tedious and have to take many calls - Not so good management skills - Free coffee

Starts off strong. Cant believe the money

When i started there yu cud always get an open shift,but not anymore. Havent seen one in months. Now im hardly scheduled at all and i have the highest ratings from customers and the highest order acceptance rate but i have to fight to get shifts! I give them 77 hrs of availability and they give me 16-20 hrs of work. I suspect racism is the reason...

Very Flexible

Very flexible as I get to choose my availability, although earning is give or take. Management takes forever to pick up the phones and then don't really help.

They won't pay you!! Don't do it!

with all the many issues they have and constant changes to the courier system you will be lucky to make any money. I once waited at a restaurant for 1.25 hours and they wouldn't help me. And when it came time to pay me for the delay they didn't and still wont. The last answer i got for having to wait and not being paid was "dont worry about it" imagine needing your paycheck to feed your kisds and your boss says dont worry about it

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

See more jobs

Bon environnement

Bon environnement de travail, il n'a pas de stress.

Doesn’t care about employees

Skip is generally okay if you’re in school and you’d like to make side money. However if you’re considering being there long term it’s a no-no. Stuck up team leads and managers forcing you to give your all to a job where you’re not appreciated. It causes a lot of stress and anxiety and the benefits they offer don’t cover for that. There’s also a lot of favouritism and they undervalue staff. Don’t work here!

Environnement de travail calme

En tant que répartiteur chez Skip The Dishes, je devais acheminer les commandes aux livreurs et m'assurer de faire un suivie chez chaque livreur afin que les commandes arrivent à destination ainsi que d'offrir un service rapide de livraison. De plus, ce que j'ai appris en tant que répartiteur c'est d'offrir un service à la clientèle téléphonique, d'être capable de gérer des plaintes des clients ainsi que des livreurs. Un des aspects le plus agréable était de travailler avec des collègue de travail puisqu'on s'entraidait. L'équipe était très multiculturel donc on pouvait offrir un service en plusieurs langues à la clientèle. Cependant, l'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste est de satisfaire la clientèle.

Not bad

I’ve never had any issues with working for SkipTheDishes. Relaxed atmosphere, management is very easy-going, and they generally care about their employees. If you work before 6 AM or after 10 Pm, they cover the cost of a taxi to get you to and from work safely. They pay above average, benefits are good. Generally I like it there

Bad company

Leads are all big a** they talk gossip and heck all but when you have your own me time then it’s big no no. Every lead is East Indian no cultural diversity. And they do have favourites lol

Pros

Nothing or probably talking on the phone as all you do is talk to customers

It is what you make it

I have been working as a courier for the last 8 months. I would not do this full time but as extra income its OK. I don't expect to make a fortune doing this and have had good shifts and bad shifts. I have never had any reason to call management ( except the chat button in app for a question ). If you are looking for extra money its great but don't have such high expectations on pay.

Pros

pick when you work

Cons

some shifts low orders

Great for people who are freshly out of university or who would like to expand their communication skills

Managers in live operations are bullies and have no empathy. The only qualification for the company to hire someone is for you to have a pulse. Employees are overworked and stressed for the salary they are paid.

They dont care about their employees

Constant cut backs at the employees expense. No benefits to being a hard worker. They keep hiring new workers and results in less work for long term employees.

performance oriented company with no formal environment.

I have learned customer service with international clients. I have focused on problem solving techniques along with achieving organisational goals and objectives. I got the opportunity to work more and earn more. Management is flexible and cooperative as long as we give the performance. I was issuing discount vouchers to the customers, taking their calls and did invoicing as well.

Pros

Gets the opportunity to earn extra money, overtime, free vouchers.

Cons

long night shifts.

Not bad as part-time work

I've been working as a courier for about 3 months now as a second job. I can't imagine trying to do this full-time and trying to pay the bills, but it's good if you're just trying to pay down some bills, etc. My advice is for ppl who order from skip- 1. if its night- turn your light on! 2. Underwear is not appropriate attire to answer door- ever! 3. Put your unit # or apartment # so I don't have to call.4. Don't leave your big dog tied in front 5. If you are at a business- put that in the instructions and 6. Exhale your puff of marijuana joint BEFORE coming to door!

Mass hire couriers, not enough work.

They’ve hired everyone who applies. Which means you could be out for hours before your first delivery. $10-$12/hr tops before taxes and vehicle maintenance. Also absolutely every single skip driver in Alberta is breaking the law. No insurance has any kind of policy you can buy in Alberta for skip couriers. If you get hit by one their policy may be voided and you’re left suing them personally for months if not years.

2.9