SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Management reviews

Canada908 reviews

Clear

skipcourierdeliverydriverappordercarrestaurant

a typical day at work is boring

The new management has turned this place into a call centre where you are expected to work all around the clock with less to no human regard for work life balance

Winnipeg

One of the worst organization that I worked for. The most horrible team is the people or HR team existing over there as they don’t respond any of your request and continuously delayed in responses. They even missed out your wages increments and won’t fix it sooner than 7 months. Favouritism,bad management,micro management you name it, it is there. So if you want to experience the worst and toxic corporate life only then you should work in this company.

Pros

Work from home

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible and unhelpful business practices.

First month was good, making more then $100 for 4 hours of work most nights. Now sometimes barely making more then $40 and around $60 for 8 hours. Skip doesn’t cover you for anything, their help line is useless to talk to any management you have to set a appointment weeks in advance. They also leave it to the customers to pay us, so if they don’t tip you’ll make a measly $5.54 after waiting an hour for a order. Multiple nights where I’ve only made $26 for 4 hours.

Productive and fun place to work

Skip is always trying to satisfy their customers,thats why its a great company. Management should just watch out for tribal favourism.All together,its s company that values the staff ,

Would give 0 stars if I could

Pathetic company policys. Not worth the km and wear and tear on my car. They don’t care about you no matter how much you do for them the littlest mistake and that’s all they see.

No fun working for this outfit

Pay is pitiful skip management don’t give a 💩about their customers or couriers driving for less than minimum wage after paying for gas maintenance insurance

Worse place- full of favouritism

They will hire you, for 9 months they will not provide you a Team Lead. No evaluation on your progress. You won’t even have a hint what their QA is or KPI’s are, then out of the blue they will cut your hours and fire you. Most stressful company I have worked with. They won’t even raise your pay. But they will surely raise your work load every month. They will make you work you extra. Tasks are given on basis of favouritism. Easy tasks are always given to favourites and if you complain about it nobody means NOBODY cares.In the end- don’t work for them. They are leeches of corporate society. They won’t pay their employees and their couriers. They take cuts on everything they can.

Very bad management

Easy work but stressful, the management has 0 management skill which is very bad in the team. The team leads only care about their own rate, they do not reply your message and rarely help you with things. They keep push you to go work but not actually do their own job.Hardly get rise if you are not the same last name or the color. Not recommend to the people who want to work in this company for long term.

It’s all about perspective

I personally was laid off from a very good job with high pay and great benefits.When I needed work I joined skipthedishes the process was fairly quick and easy pre pandemic. I hear after pandemic it’s hard to get in.Pay all depends on tips and generosity of the customers.Example in my area you make minimum 6.5$ per delivery, but there’s no guarantee 100-200 other couriers are on the road making orders hard to come by. On days when the balance between couriers and orders is there you can make fantastic money.You set your own hours. Raise delivery pay to match the gas prices and the management/support is incompetent.You can be fired for anything at anytime.Wear and tear on your vehicle.Overall I recommend you set a daily goal of how much you plan on earning and stay out until you reach it.

I have worked in this company and their treatment is very elegant and I gained experience in this workI thank those in charge of the company’s management. I hope they put the high oil prices in this period and increase the salaries of employees, especially drivers.

Very easy job with flexible schedule.

It was overall a pretty good company to work for. No place for advancement though and the pay was not very good and only increased by 45 cents in the 2 1/2 years I was working there. Management is not very good either. Very easy job to do, work life balance is great and very flexible schedule

Only good if it is a second job!!!

summary says it all basically. i work skip every day after work. a typical day you should make 60$-100$+ in 4 hours no problem if you schedule. just shut your brain off, drive safely, listen to music. disregard what the customer and restaurant think of you, choose your orders based on distance, don't be afraid to make a ban list for restaurants if they treat you unfairly (i already have a couple)

Pros

there for you when you need extra money, (making nearly 1000$ a week total after working my weekly job)

Cons

people view you as dirt, fk them, get that money, drive home laughing

Does not pay and ban you

Hi so I’ve taken this on as side gig to help pay for bills. Some of the customers ask to leave at the door. They then report they didn’t receive the order. We’ll skip banned me without any reason to talk to me about it anything also did not pay me at all. This is the worst company ever. There is no contact only thru email. I’m out 300 dollars and got banned for no reason when I followed instructions

Great company culture, learning opportunities, career advancement.

Joined in June 2020. After a year applied internally to another team -- was an easy move.Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options. Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better. Overall, best employer I've had so far in my career

Pros

Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options

Cons

Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better

Self control over schedule and potential earnings

Set your own availability and desired area(s) to work in order to receive scheduled shifts accordingly, with the ability to pick up extra shifts as you please. While on shift you get matched to orders based on location. Total earnings and distance to be driven is displayed on the order, you may accept or deny but keeping your acceptance rate up ensures you are matched to more orders. To make good money it needs to be busy, so learning your cities peak days, times and locations is important. Overall a decent way to make some money either on the side or full time if you choose. Although vehicle fuel efficiency and potential repairs should be considered.

Pros

Flexible schedule, no management to report to

Cons

Minimum pay per order could be higher, Sometimes the expected distance to drive is too far and out of your designated area

terrible driver customer service.

If the customer service cannot help u they just end the chat without providing any name. Every time they don't wanna help they just keep arguing and there is no oversight of management. Nobody gets in trouble for providing terrible customer service. And with the gas prices going up this is the last thing you wanna do. The people who order food from them. Think about how they are behaving with the drivers.

Not a fun place sometimes

SKIP IS NOT GOOD BUT ALSO GOOD FOR A START!In the Resto dept we speak to customers Restaurants and create communication for couriers as well,Skip is stressful and doesn’t pay enough !!

Pros

Skip credits

Cons

Stressful

Very fast paced

Easy to grow in the company but they treat their staffs not nicely. The benefits are okay but l believe they can do better. Management is okay but they can do better also

It has its pros and cons

Courier success team (operaters/reps) are not helpful at all. You pretty much have do your own determining of issues while on shift. There are perks to the pay but with gas prices shooting up $0.50 per litre in one week and climbing they are not doing anything to help by increasing our order intake or increasing our fees. The system is far from accurate and when there is a mistake not in your favor...nothing gets done. You cannot at all contact any upper management or tech support. Shift bonuses and incentives are very rare and theres usually too many drivers on shift doe you to make good money anymore.

Pros

You get to choose your own hours. Adding or removing shifts minutes before start without consequence

Cons

You are on your own. No point in complaining because higher ups will never be contacted.

Over worked and under paid

A lot of times projects are thrown on your plate without direction or guidance but the expectations of delivery are extremely high.No accountability for people who aren't doing their jobs correctly and no rewards for those who are doing more than their fair share of the workA lot of promotions are done on the basis of who you know and not what you know

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management

Work for well under minimum wage!

As an independent driver, the expectation would be to make at least minimum wage plus cost of fuel to get around. Most days I am fortunate to average $15 /hr BEFOREgas, so I make roughly $8-9 per hour, and this doesn't even come close to including wear and tear costs to MY vehicle. Plus I have never physically spoken with any type of management...it is all email, and no feeling of connection.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement