SkipTheDishes logo

Work-life balance
2.4
Job security & advancement

Chats

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.

Pros

Free coffee and friend

Cons

Low pay and pressure

Should be shut down

This company calls its drivers "contractors" so it can make end runs around employment standards. It's basically a volunteer position once you break down your costs against Skip's risible compensation. Absolutely not worth doing.

Cons

No employment standards & you rack up mileage on your car

Good job for millenials

you learn customer service. opportunity for growth for high contributors. least favorite thing is dealing with angry stakeholders, you do not have social life due to weekend committment.

Can be very lucrative

I like working at SkiptheDishes because you get to set your own availability and have the freedom to pick up and drop shifts (48 hour notice) without getting fired. I love driving, so this is also perfect since I'm mostly just driving from restaurant to customer over and over. It's usually set in four hour shifts (which you can pick up multiple if available) and these four hours can either reel in only $40 dollars or it can be as lucrative as making $200. The downside is that there can be a lot of competition. When I started, there were always multiple open shifts to be taken and that isn't the case anymore. Even within a shift I can usually see at least five other Skip drivers (and it's a smaller zone).

Pros

Lucrative, set your hours, lots of driving

Cons

Can be highly competitive

Work culture

Good company to work for. The good management very good working hour I highly recommend this to others.every one should join to make some extra money.

A great place for young developers to start their journey

This is a great place to start if you don't have enough skills. You learn a lot about Agile Software Development Skills and Cloud Technologies. I worked at the Winnipeg branch and it was one of my most memorable experiences. If you are young, tech savy and you believe in Start Up Culture, you should definitely apply

Pros

Skip Credits, Exposer to High End Technologies

Cons

Cool and diverse workplace, friendly, young and vibrant co-workers

Start-Ups are volatile to radical changes, so far the tremendous growth of SkipTheDishes has made everyone on their toes and everyone is contributing. Definitely the best start up company here in North America!

Pros

Overflowing coffee! Endless possibilities.

Cons

none so far

enjoyable job i ever did

most enjoyable job lots of things to learn and also get chance to meet new people with different cultures and also a source of knowledge to know about the culture and the traditional food of different countries

Messy Environment

Worked for a month doing short shifts several times a week, but then randomly started being scheduled for 13 hour shifts every day despite making it clear that I was a student who needed time for class and SLEEP. Then about two months into employment, stopped being scheduled period... still employed there but havent received a response to either my emails nor my phone calls in over 3 months.

Pros

Cons

Long (illegal) shifts

I worked as Delivery for 1 month

This place sucks. they send you message on cell to accept the promotion and its an invalid number so you cannot accept it. its unorganized company. it even takes your tip and commission. dont work for them.

Pros

fast little money

Cons

bad management

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

See more jobs

Terrible management

Management lobbied all the time to work overtime with no pay Commissions were never paid out properly. Managers were hired from outside, while people inside were told they were being career pathed for management roles.

Great Place to Work

I'm an engineer and have worked in project management for almost a decade. My previous employers were a large oil & gas company and a large industrial construction firm. This job and work environment at SkipTheDishes is a much better fit for me. - No more old boys club, I no longer have 10 different 40+ year old lazy bosses to report to - Fast pace work, constant innovation and change keeps things very interesting and is a great use of my problem solving skills - Great young motivated people to work with

Pros

No politics, fast pace, challenging, great people

Cons

start-up environment not for everyone, occassionally need to work longer, irregular hours

Does Not Know How To Take Care of Hires

As a menu programmer, I was doing well consistently for 3 weeks. I submitted daily all the menus assigned to me (except for one I failed to finish but due to incomplete info from the menu source) and reporting its completion at the end of the day. There was one day that I failed to notify them but if they sought first to understand, they will see that I was able to submit my work for that day. Just because I failed to notify them, they were quick to judge me that I did not do my task for the day and took me out and ended my contract. After several minutes they did see I submitted my work, but did not resume my contract NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE for judging me too quickly. WORSE, they gave me a false negative rating which God knows is totally untrue! They will NOT listen to reasoning which makes them a baddd employer. They should learn from Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

Pros

They do pay on time

Cons

They do not know how to take care of the people they hire, they will take you out without a proper investigation

Fast paced start up environment with a lot of learning potential despite what your concentration may be. Great place to grow and develop skills while contributing to the growth of a 100% Canadian based company.

Harsh management

Rude management behavior, don't value employees, always try to threat employees that they will be fired at any time that also effects the productivity

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Job Insecurity, boring work, no career advance, bad managers

Good environment

Very good environment to work in. you can set your own times so it is very convenient. Everybody is very helpful if you have any problems. Overall great company.

very good

very flexible job to balance with social and school life. the management is very good and always willing to assist. very well recommended.

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Great place to learn from supervisors and managers. Friendly environment, to grow and improve. Great learning experience.

Cool startup culture, very young employees

Cool culture, very exciting time to be with the company as Skip is rapidly expanding. New people hired everyday, however can be a little chaotic at times.

fun workplace with a good environment

Wonderful place to work with a lots of experience to gain in terms of communications and efficiency. The hardest part of the job would be to explain the benefits of the service to the restaurant owners

Pros

obtention of knowledge

Fun and Flexible!

It was a really good experience, working with cash, people, restauranteurs. Fun and flexible environment to work in, lots of experience in people skills.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Organization