SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Job security & advancement reviews

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.
Pros
Free coffee and friend
Cons
Low pay and pressure
Excellent and unique. There are work always all dependent on your availability. Extreme flexibility with work schedule. Dispatchers treat you like clients once you get hold of them. Love their App driven work instructions.
Pros
Flexibility, no shortage of work
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity
We were first told we would get reimbursed for the food bags if we did 25 deliveries by a certain date and when we asked for the reimbursement, they told us it was actually an earlier date so they didnt reimburse us as originally promised. They then promised an extra $10 to take a shift and when we followed up on the $10 after taking the shift they said they didn't believe us and told us we should have taken a screen shot of the offer. Shady!!! Also our first night we made over $100 and every subsequent night we have received $40 or less for 3-4 hour shifts. We now do a lot of sitting waiting for orders and we have never turned down a single order.
this whole company is mismanaged. Horrible business practices, they do not give you a warning if they are going to fire you not do they give a proper reason. (This happened to me and a couple friends working there). They do not have a proper HR department. (Just one of the owners girlfriends who has little to no training what so ever.) witnessed a manager repeatedly tell a potential courier that they could NOT work as a courier simply because they were deaf. Even though they had a translator. No job security at all. You are expected to meet ‘quota’s’ without anyone telling you what these expected ‘quota’s’ are. Managers are rude and unprofessional, watching youlike a hawk every second of every day. They have their favourites who will get treated really nicely, but if they don’t like you they will wedge you out and make your life miserable. They lie to innocent people about job expectations as couriers, they make you purchase overpriced bags, it’s a scam. Literally 0 training, when I got ‘trained’ a guy gave me a script and then I was supposed to start calling people. They HARASS potential couriers, calling them 8, 9, 10, 12 times before letting us stop calling them. It is a call centre basically. They make you call people who have only simply entered in their name and phone number, but decided to opt out of signing up. Like what kind of employer DOES that?! AWFUL COMPANY, THROUGH AND THROUGH. I DONT RECOMMEND
Pros
Cons
Discrimination, no job security, un realistic expectations, no HR
I have worked for Skip the Dishes for over a year now. Yes sometimes only making $10.Hr. Sometimes as much as $25. Hr. Sometimes boring waiting for orders. THEN all of a sudden You are steady and making money Having Fun and finding hidden Restaurants and the Customers are Great. Overall I will give Skip an A+
Pros
Fun and a great way to get out and do things and make some Money
Cons
Not a Career Job
Like a lot of drivers I loved it at the start. I worked it as a side job on top of my full time job and made about 300 to 500 a week on average working 20 to 30 hours a week. My very first shift was crazy good, constant orders and good tips, I made 120 dollars in 4 hours and spent about 15 dollars on gas at the end of the shift. Pretty good profit for just starting a new job. From reading other reviews this is part of the scam apparently, and it worked on me. I never again made that much in that little time, but I was hooked on that first successful shift. They must prioritize orders and good tips to new couriers as a manipulation tactic. Lately it's been just horrible. Delivery fees are down, why in the world would I drive 15 km to a customer living in the middle of nowhere where I won't get matched to another order, just for a 5 dollar delivery fee? Even with a 3 dollar tip which is about the lowest it's worth delivering for you're barely making any money for your time. Another thing, the customers suck and have no idea how little money we make. They don't tip and then wonder why the delivery takes 2 hours or doesn't get delivered at all. Such a waste of time and money for everyone. For the couriers: I get matched to a no tip or low tip order and have to wait usually 5 to 20 minutes for the order to be reassigned by the "support" team. Not making any money and just sitting around. For the customer: Pay for the food and don't get it delivered or it takes forever because you tip poorly. Only stupid or desperate drivers are dumb enough to deliver to you and it'll - more...
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay, waste of time, lots of costs to employees, bad customer service
Still a growing company with some growing pains, but VERY flexible and enjoyable to work for. Set a daily budget for yourself and you will succeed. MAKE SURE TO OPERATE LIKE A BUSINESS.
Today is a pathetic day. I was terminated from skip because my subcontractor accidentally pocket dialed a customer's number by accident and they claimed it as a "misuse of customer information". The reason for the subcontracting was because I was T-boned (not my fault) while working for them and needed to make some sort of income. I did this for only 2 days. They provided no evidence to support their claim. Furthermore, they do not follow termination rules which state that if terminated the employer must pay within 72 hours. This company is completely a scam and they do not value their workers. Their was no warning, no evidence, and no acceptable behaviour from the company. To top it off, they have basic employees explaining to you what a manager or someone of authority should be discussing with you. These employees should not be allowed to access your information and only someone of seniority should be addressing the matter.
Pros
Nothing, you are 100% on your own.
Cons
Everything, right down to how they manage their network.
Don't waste your time with this place. They are very disorganized from the top down and the managers are just there for themselves. The hiring process is essentially "if you have a pulse you're hired" so you won't be working with anyone of real skill.
Skip the Dishes is an 'in between' job, NOT A CAREER. If you need an income, any income, this will do. If you are looking to make $20+ an hour, look elsewhere. If you want a fexible schedule where you set your own hours and have lots of freedom, this is that. I've met a lot of skip drivers who complain about the rates, but you have to understand that you are a food delivery person, not a doctor. I pride myself on making the best of it and my customer rating reflects that. I enjoy the variety - the restaurants, the customers and the freedom. If I'm going to earn min age, I would rather do this than work at a scheduled job.
Pros
freedom, interesting, try new food, paid every week
Cons
waiting for food, no tip customers, to many drivers
Experienced the growing pains of a start-up. Often disjointed and without a well-defined HR department. The environment around the company was exciting, but the day-to-day wasn't a great environment.
Relaxed yet professional work environment. Great people, interesting work to keep you occupied. Empathetic and understanding management. However, not somewhere to go to for your professional career development.
very interactive workplace environment that helps you grow your confidence as an individual and supports you when you need it. Helps a lot of students as they balance work with school
DO NOT WORK FOR SKIP AT HEAD OFFICE OR BECOME A DRIVER . Low pay and expected long hours. Little to no training for restaurants, all they get is a 30 mins training call and no support after the fact. Percentage taken from the restaurants is so high and all the little extra fees that are taken how do they make money. Your manager will be 19 years old with now professionally what so ever. They get you on being a great start up company with a cool culture but all it is, is a call center. You never get a raise no matter how hard you work and there is no room to move up because they just keep hiring kids fresh out of school where $15 an hour is a lot for them.
Cons
A good place to start work in Canada. It gives you a great experience and opportunity to understand better about a Canadian based business environment.
Pros
independent work
Cons
No fixed salary
Great company to start with, flexiable hours diverse community great people young and intelligent co workers OT oppurtunity accesible to bus easy work less stress
A really nice atmosphere. Great people to work with. Nice environment makes you really enjoy it here. Would recommend to everyone. Learning Culture good.
Pros
Training and Learning
good company, growing very fast, huge team and friendly culture, bad parking since it's located in downtown winnipeg mantioba. mostly students attraction job and they pay good
Handsome benefits provided by the company to both part time and full time employees. Desirable flexibility provided in picking up your own schedule...
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
More like #skipsowhite #skipthejoboffer if you are not a white or Indian person, your chances are any promotion/ advances are zero to none. The managers are deathly afraid of the supervisors who basically run the show and treat the agents worse than the garbage at the roadside. There are no raises given even after working for a year and you can kiss any work - life balance good bye as you are expected to work any and all shifts given, regardless of your availability.
Pros
Still waiting to see one
Cons
Your joy and life will be sucked out your soul
  1. Job Security & Advancement