SkipTheDishes logo

Work-life balance
2.4
Job security & advancement

Chats

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.

Pros

Free coffee and friend

Cons

Low pay and pressure

Tedious, poor management and too much favouritism

This was my worst job experience so ever. They expect so much work from you yet they offer low pay. You can clearly see that some team leads suck up to the management and will only be friendly and helpful towards you until they leave. Don’t expect an advancement here because you can only grow in the company from knowing someone in a higher position than you. Your hard work won’t be recognized and you’ll just be treated as a disposable. Their problem solving overall with important stakeholders like customers and couriers isn’t effective enough. I’d say this job is good if you’re part time and still in school but as a career I’d never recommend it. Hopefully they can put more work into treating employees and couriers equally and fairly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Lack of work/life balance, favouritism, boring

Good Management and Opportunities for growth.

Very empathetic with employees as they are with customers. Lots of opportunities for learning and growth. The company is growing fast and people get promoted rapidly. Mostly in winter, the opportunity for working extra is offered, which helps you earn extra cash. Very polite Management.

flexible time

flexible hours , do your job and they will do whatever they can for you although could have more work which may be different from area to area. Would be nice to have a acyual area manager to deal with

Great company to work

Skip the Dishes, is a modern and technology company to work and starting a career.

Pros

modern and felxible

Cons

salary

Unprofessional work environment

The work environment is very unprofessional and they are not willing to pay you as per your skill set. Limited growth opportunities. No value for qualifications or talent.

Poor Management, boring

At first it was great, in training and interviews they said shifts were flexible and we could even create our own schedules. This was great because I was in school. Once the training was over, you're on your own. Management may as well be non-existent. You're micro-managed by your peers that walk around with laptops for *help* but when you actually need them they're talking to their friends/management in a corner. If your schedule is messed up because of their weird, unclear expectations, you're on your own. Good luck dropping that shift. I ended up having to quit because every 2 weeks they scheduled me on a shift I specifically indicated I was unavailable for. Raises are non-existent. They say they give you a review once a month after training. Hadn't received one and I was there over 6 months. After speaking to co-workers about a raise, they said you're lucky if you get 30 cents at the end of a year. Don't waste your time, they demand perfection but pay for mediocracy. Management needs an overhaul, I should not hear my peers being scolded for things they messed up on in the middle of the call centre. How unprofessional can you be. If you dare join this company, make friends quickly. Try and make friends with people close to the higher-ups. Their is MAJOR favouritism and they don't even try to hide it. I would see people working in my position wasting their shift away walking around, talking to their friends who walked around *in case you need help* meanwhile, you talk to the person next to you too much and they ask why you're not taking a call. (This happened more -

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

management, micro-management, low morale, high expectations, low pay for job requirements

work is enjoyable

Very bad.

A job that teaches you no valuable things. No base wage and sometimes you won’t even get deliveries. Boring experience. Not financially rewarding either

flexible schedule

Working for Skip gives one the ability to change their availability weekly if necessary, which is great, but due to the rising interest in driving for them, the earning potential can be somewhat limited. They are very clear about it being a "part-time or retirement income" opportunity. Otherwise, it's great.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

lower income potential

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

See more jobs

Complete Lack of Professinalism

Hours were random, complete lack of job security, management was horrific. Training was good, coworkers are amazing but there is no specific amount of hours and they were doing layoffs

Great company

Has its flaws but its a growing company and it will cultivate the culture needed for success going forward. Great staff and employees, food and incentives provided on shift.

Encouraging, innovative and approachable teams.

SkiptheDishes is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to take on new challenges independently. Management at this company encourages self-starters and ensures they get the job satisfaction and recognition they deserve.

Pros

Cons

Rotational shifts/odd hours

Delivery driver @ skip the dishes

It is a great job, with very open hours that work with my schedule as a single parent. Always have a team to support me as a driver, with easy apps to navigate to complete the job. If the delivery charges were a little more or even a hourly rate to compensate the ware on the vehicle would be preferred, I would choose this as a life career for the flexabilty, job quality, and satisfaction.

Pros

Free food or Discounts at local restraunts

Cons

wages, millage, mechanical issues

Versatile workplace

It has provided me the opportunity to put into practice my skills. Every day it's an opportunity to learn new abilities. Management provides resources and support to continue growing within the company.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Working weekends

Worst Job Ever

There should be a 0 option for salary/benefits (because there are no salary or benefits). 0 for job security/advancement because you are 100% disposable and “””independent subcontractor””” while also being fully controlled by skip, no opportunity for advancement. 0 for management because Im not convinced there even is any, Ive worked for skip for 9 months and have yet to be speak to one in any form over my many phone calls/emails/chats. Customers who complain say the same thing. Everything is hidden behind their low level employees. 0 for job culture because it is toxic, no one cares about you. Skip only cares about themselves, restaurants all hate skip and in turn hate couriers as well.

Pros

Free psychological and emotional trauma

Cons

Slave labour

No recognition for hard work or talent. No growth opportunities

The management doesn't cares about the employees. No career growth opportunity. No process or policy in place. No recognition or appreciation for talent.

Honest Review

. Flexible Time. . A positive and friendly work environment. . Learn about how to understand Canadian and their culture. . Direct contact with your supervisor and manager. They easily understand your problem and assist you in dealing with it.

17 Hours for making $150

Hello, I have been working on this company since last late February. My overall rating is 0 star. Let me explain; Work / Life Balance: Its terrible because you live in the car. Everybody says its FLEXIBLE. It`s partially true. You pick your shifts but you have to sit and wait order. It look like dating with a girl. Waiting waiting and waiting notifications. Salary/Benefits: I don`t want to say anything. Whoever I talked skip courier everybody is angry. They are right. On 3 hour shift you make maximum 50 bucks TIPS are included. Mostly you make 35-40 bucks. Minimum is 22 dollar. In that time period you make easily 70 - 85 km. If you know math Calculate it. Also Benefits?? Are you kidding me, of course there is no benefits. You are CONTRACTOR. Job Security: There will be always order, as long as you stay on the system. Management: I don`t anyone from management but I keep inform chat guys if something happens. I respond and try to help. Job culture: Its really bad I hate bad drivers. Sometimes I am thinking how they got these liecences. Thank you

Pros

No Boss

Cons

long hours no overtime bonus

Flexible Time Schedule

No support to speak of. Also: DO NOT BUY THE BAGS!!!!

Beside the bad pay as a driver you will also have to deal with a complete lack of support. As an example: I bought the recommended Skip bags, but they started to crumble after less than two months of use. I took very good care of my purchase. Never even folded them, but the plastic is just disintegrating on its own. I spent about two hours (in three instalments) on the phone to get through, and when I finally got to a living person, I was transferred again, but this time I gave up after about 30 minutes. I sent an email too with pictures of the defective bag but received no reply. Be aware. You will receive no help from Skip.

2.9