SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Job security & advancement reviews

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.
Pros
Free coffee and friend
Cons
Low pay and pressure
It never feels, I am working at skip. It is a paid school where you are going to get a paid training, able to improve yourself of using current technologies and also going to get knowledge of current world issues. It’s a fun work to do!
Fun work, very unscheduled. Great for pretending you have a job! Unfortunately was not enough to cover groceries, never mind living expenses. No real advancement opportunity (believe me, I've asked). I'd recommend doing this as a stopgap, but not as a permanent job.
Skip the dishes helped when I didn't have other jobs . Not a lot of delivery orders when we needed money financially. So I would like to have a proper job with my experience.
SkipTheDishes office is a good job if you want to sit all day and never move your body. It is all computer work - often a single repetitive task which numbs the mind and dulls the senses. However, there are a lot of young ambitious people in the environment, and if you are motivated and willing to give yourself to your work, there is much opportunity for advancement. Taking a more active role can also make your days there more varied and interesting.
Depending on your area, it may be easier or harder to get shifts, but they don't have a maximum number of drivers per area, so you may get few shifts even if your availability is open. Being able to pick up unfilled shifts is nice for your free time, most restaurants and customers are respectful. You use your own car and are not reimbursed well by Skip for the driving you do. There is no wage as they categorize you as a "independent contractor" which is being contended by some in courts. You do your own taxes so make sure to track your kilometres, maintenance, and gas. Most of the time support is slow, and gives canned responses. Occasionally customers mess up and you get free food which is nice. More recently they introduced the "fast track" promotion to force drivers to take low paying, or money losing orders in order to continue receiving orders which has made the low paying job even harder to earn with. It's nice to drive around and listen to your own music, it's an easy job, but the company itself is disorganized and does not care about their couriers.
Easy to get the job and anyone can do as a part-time or side job. flexible workplace and most work/life balanced job. No fixed salary and it depends on work.
This is a horrible company. They hide behind your private contractor status so they don't have to treat you like a regular employee. Also if you ask him a question they won't answer. If you like to work for a company with no face then this is the job for you. Good luck.
The interview process was unnecessarily challenging. They had me go back and forth several times to send pictures of the bags and my ID's; the communication with the "head office" was challenging. Eventually it was all sorted out. The work itself is super easy, flexible, self-paced which is awesome, however the pay is simply not worth it. When you take into consideration your time, your gas, the wear and tear on your car, it is simply not worth it. People rarely tip by the way!
Work on your own schedule from home and your car. all orders are done through the skip the dishes app you download after going through the hiring process.
Great place to work, work life balance, provide good working culture. Skip the dishes people enjoy working at internationally. Presence in all around the world
They do not pay enough to justify the wear and tear on the vehicle. The only upside is the flexibility in the hours availble but even that is no longer true. It is an ok job to supplement a disability cheque but is not a career option by any stretch of the imagination.
i drove and did my job best of my abilities. pay was decent but irregular in regard to actual orders. it was good for a part time job i am currently seeking full time
Waste of time. Support for drivers off shift is slow and mainly offered canned responses to questions. You have no job security. The pay is dismal. They don’t care about their drivers.
Skip allows you to acquire new responsibilities if you work hard and show initiative. It's a great place to gain professional experience and the workplace culture is fantastic. However, the opportunities and upward mobility are rarely met with proportionate compensation.
I moved to Edmonton and was without a job. I needed to find something quick and Skip The Dishes was a good fit. I worked for them for almost 18 months while I was continuing to search for a career position. They are pretty good to work for, they allow you to choose your own hours, and the money can be really good.
They support all of the careers and help them to improve their skills. If you have any problem that you can not continue your job they completely understand it. One thing that I really enjoyed with it is when the restaurants are unresponsive about make the food on the time you’re gonna be paid automatically for waiting there. In general that was a really good experience that I have with them.
SkipTheDishes is a technically advanced company. A place where we hardly use papers as everything is purely computer based. The team work and career advancement opportunities is something very laudable. I don't think the job really has a hard part because all the tools needed for effectiveness and efficiency at work are readily available.
En tant que répartiteur chez Skip The Dishes, je devais acheminer les commandes aux livreurs et m'assurer de faire un suivie chez chaque livreur afin que les commandes arrivent à destination ainsi que d'offrir un service rapide de livraison. De plus, ce que j'ai appris en tant que répartiteur c'est d'offrir un service à la clientèle téléphonique, d'être capable de gérer des plaintes des clients ainsi que des livreurs. Un des aspects le plus agréable était de travailler avec des collègue de travail puisqu'on s'entraidait. L'équipe était très multiculturel donc on pouvait offrir un service en plusieurs langues à la clientèle. Cependant, l'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste est de satisfaire la clientèle.
competitive work environment with good customer service skills and opportunity to know about different area of the city and deal with different culture and communities people.
Pay and benefits are only okay. They advertise themselves as a very "flexible" job, but they really aren't. I was initially hired as an overnight person with the understanding that I could switch the day hours after my probation period was over, but the company failed to live up to that promise. Supervisors were often inexperienced in leadership roles, basically just whoever worked there the longest. Masked as a caring company, but often treated their employee as just a number instead of as an actual real life person.
  1. Job Security & Advancement