SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Job security & advancement reviews

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.
Pros
Free coffee and friend
Cons
Low pay and pressure
They will extract the best in you. Once done, you will be just a number that will be phased out soon. High turnover of people. Very limited structure. Senior management is above their heads. Do not risk your career in this organization.
Pros
casual clothing
Cons
a lot.
Working at skip has helped me grow professionally, they value their employee and does not fire agent. Company is free and fair, management is great but as people make organization, you can still find bad seed.
Pros
Relax and great benefit. 50 to 150 skip credit monthly for free lunch
Cons
I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.
I learned that customer service always left positive reviews but tips where always at minimal from clients and weather bonouses were offered at the time I was hired but I never got any and I’ve driven in very dangerous road conditions that’s why I took those jobs those days expecting a bonous on my checks .. never saw any in my account at all nor raises of any kind I had a two year perfect record ( no lates no misses) got best driver / courier award but that’s all and the only recongnistion I’ve got.. so I work very little now do to going nowhere in the career of skip the dishes.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
No benefits
The salary completely depends on you and the time flexibility is a significant pros for me. The customer service is a very supportive and you feel good as a member of the company.
Skip is making use of International students and putting them through stressful work. No job satisfaction, full of stress, unhappy customers. No job security.
Anyone considering signing up to be a driver for skipthedishes, I strong recommend that you do NOT do it. They do not care at all for their drivers. I signed up in response to a signup promotion that required me to do a set number of deliveries by May 15th. They made errors in processing my account and as a result I didn’t receive my delivery bags until June. As a result, I was unable to fulfill the promotion. I contacted them 20+ times over the months of April-June, but they refuse to give me a refund for the signup fees or offer me a new promotion. If you want to work for a company that cares about their drivers, I strongly recommend avoiding Skip and going with a different company like DoorDash, where signup is free and they don’t try to rip you off with bogus promotions.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
They rip you off and dont care about their employees.
I didn't get paid or anything as it was just work experience, but my over all experience was amazing. It is an amazing community with so many places around the world, and the fact that I got to work there was amazing.
Pros
Amazing Community, Full Time Hours, Amazing Job Opportunities
Cons
Skip the dishes is a great company to work with. it helps to boost the confidence of individuals. the good thing is working with a company that you can have work of your choice, flexible working hours, a comfortable place to work.
I am still working at SkipTheDishes as a customer care specialist in the customer care department. Actually I was hired on March 09, 2020, on a contract base, the contract is for 3 months. I have learned many things at this time. The environment at SkipTheDishes is fast-paced and respectful. Every team member, floor pro, and team lead treat each other and customers, restaurant partners, and couriers with full respect. I got more self-confidence through this working time.
It is good platform to work especially for new comers in Winnipeg. Students get their survival jobs in good hands. You get to learn lot of new things and get hands on experience in Canadian market.
Pros
They do give jobs to so many international students.
Cons
They don’t hire any more for full time permanent job
I had to pay for a background check and bags when I was considering this company and then the same day i found out my insurance would be ridiculous and made the decision not to be a delivery driver. I immediately emailed and texted the company as they conveniently have no phone number to call and let them know i wasn't interested and wanted to be reimbursed for my bags. I was told no refunds so am now out that money---they are unscrupulous
It was great experience to work here as I learned lots of new technologies and tools. Management let you focus on doing your job and don't stress you.
Pros
Great work culture
There are very limited growth opportunities especially when hired as an entry level operations associate. Lots of fun staff activities but pay is low and uncompetitive
SkipTheDishes was an excellent experience for me to join the delivery driver job community and I really enjoyed it. It has helped me get a better in my customer service skills.
Fun workplace with colleague and management. Company is growing day and night. There are so many opportunities in company if you have enough potential to prove yourself.
It is very good company. I would like to work as a courier specialist in the company if i will get opportunity in future . Currently I'm working As a courier because of job flexibility. It is the easiest way to earn Money in your free time.
I learned a lot from doing this as a contract / self employed man. Pick up shifts when you want, drop them at a reasonable time if needed, very flexible.
Great place if staying in Winnipeg is not your top concern. Salary is comparable to other similar positions in the industry. Pros: Collaborative work space Cons: Incumbents has an unfair advantage
I have been working at Best Company full-time Pros Great owners that care about their people. Great work-life balance. Excellent people to work with. The company is self-funded and in the black. Leadership's push for continuous improvement of processes, metrics, bonuses, and new benefits is great. Cons None that I can think of.
  1. Job Security & Advancement