SkipTheDishes

Canada908 reviews

Clear
2.4Job security & advancement

skipcourierdeliverydriverappordercarrestaurant

Freedom but insecure and very low pay ( without tip )

It is good for someone want a little extra money and don’t mind covering your own cost of car maintenance. Nowadays, the company seems having too many drivers so they push us to the hard condition that we don’ like ie. Accepting unfair paid order. Without customer decent tip, the company pays averagely even lower than the minimum wage ( remember! You have to pay for your own car, gas, insurance, maintenance and repair)

Pros

some little extra income and can choose own working time if there’s availability

Cons

Very low pay, no bonus no benefit no paid holidays no advancement

SkipTheDishes

Great work culture. Work from home. Excellent medical benefits. Collaborative work environment. Great balance life-work. Competitive wages. Inclusive work environment.

Insights into SkipTheDishes

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun place to work

Skip is always trying to satisfy their customers,thats why its a great company. Management should just watch out for tribal favourism.All together,its s company that values the staff ,

Flexibility can’t be beat

The best part about delivering for Skip the Dishes was the flexibility which was invaluable as someone who has young children and needed to work around my spouse’s hours.

Productive and fun place to work

Communication is key when working SKIP. There is room for growth and personal development and managers are generally interested in seeing you become better and grow at your job.

Worse place- full of favouritism

They will hire you, for 9 months they will not provide you a Team Lead. No evaluation on your progress. You won’t even have a hint what their QA is or KPI’s are, then out of the blue they will cut your hours and fire you. Most stressful company I have worked with. They won’t even raise your pay. But they will surely raise your work load every month. They will make you work you extra. Tasks are given on basis of favouritism. Easy tasks are always given to favourites and if you complain about it nobody means NOBODY cares.In the end- don’t work for them. They are leeches of corporate society. They won’t pay their employees and their couriers. They take cuts on everything they can.

Great Place to work

The job was lots of fun and a lot of team collaboration. I only left because I was just not passionate enough about that particular industry and changed my career path. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new and modern experience!

It’s all about perspective

I personally was laid off from a very good job with high pay and great benefits.When I needed work I joined skipthedishes the process was fairly quick and easy pre pandemic. I hear after pandemic it’s hard to get in.Pay all depends on tips and generosity of the customers.Example in my area you make minimum 6.5$ per delivery, but there’s no guarantee 100-200 other couriers are on the road making orders hard to come by. On days when the balance between couriers and orders is there you can make fantastic money.You set your own hours. Raise delivery pay to match the gas prices and the management/support is incompetent.You can be fired for anything at anytime.Wear and tear on your vehicle.Overall I recommend you set a daily goal of how much you plan on earning and stay out until you reach it.

I have worked in this company and their treatment is very elegant and I gained experience in this workI thank those in charge of the company’s management. I hope they put the high oil prices in this period and increase the salaries of employees, especially drivers.

Very easy job with flexible schedule.

It was overall a pretty good company to work for. No place for advancement though and the pay was not very good and only increased by 45 cents in the 2 1/2 years I was working there. Management is not very good either. Very easy job to do, work life balance is great and very flexible schedule

Just do it for experience nothing else

If you really must, just do it for the work experience. I wouldn’t recommend staying more than a year. The amount of tasks for the compensation you get is so unfair. Get your little one year of customer service experience for your resume then get out

Great company culture, learning opportunities, career advancement.

Joined in June 2020. After a year applied internally to another team -- was an easy move.Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options. Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better. Overall, best employer I've had so far in my career

Pros

Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options

Cons

Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better

Not worth it at all anymore

I've had a 100% acceptance rate. And the top up promotion is only 6$ it should increase to at least 7.50$ or 8$ with these gas prizes. Your basically just paying for gas after taxes. Skip has increased the delivery fee for people ordering so they tip less now. And skip just pockets the extra delivery fees.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Fast paced and full of opportunity

It is stressful at the beginning but if you are hard-working, you get up fast, its full of opportunities. Things changed all the time so it is hard to keep up with but as long as you focus, you can find the opportunity to growth

Horrible pay

Horrible pay now that the gas went up. They raised it by 35 cents even though the gas went up almost 50%. It’s an easy job. If gas ever goes down to 120 then it is definitely a good job.

Company is Good Work From Home

Very Good Company, Work From Home Work flexibilityGreat work environmentFlexible benefit plans it was a decent place to start your careerNice environment to work on

Over worked and under paid

A lot of times projects are thrown on your plate without direction or guidance but the expectations of delivery are extremely high.No accountability for people who aren't doing their jobs correctly and no rewards for those who are doing more than their fair share of the workA lot of promotions are done on the basis of who you know and not what you know

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management

Productive and fun work place

I truly loved working there. Unfortunately It was a 3 months contract. I’m actually hoping to work there again. Applied already and waiting for an answer from their hiring team. One of the best places I’ve ever worked at☺️

Can be decent.

Skip is a feast or famine kind of gig . I generally enjoy this job . Get to drive around, listen to music or audio books. Look at the beautiful scenery. I enjoy chatting with the other drivers and getting to know restaurant staff. But skip itself is horrible. They pay way less than what is worth the wear and tear on your car . Especially if it's slow . High km low pay . If you don't accept 100% of the orders, they punish you with lowering your ar. The lower your ar the fewer orders you get . Courier support is horrible. Cut and paste responses . Most of the time, it feels like you're asking for help from a computer, not an actual person. They don't like to compensate for extra driving or waiting. Next to no job security . They hire anyone, and they can deactivate you for no reason .If it's busy and you have no issues, it can be a great job . I personally don't do it full time, but it is good for supplement income or fun cash .

Pros

Lots of freedom. Great schedule flexibility.

Cons

Long hrs if you want to make any decent money. Terrible courier support. Wear and tear on your car.

Great company with lots of opportunities.

You must be able to muti-tasking to do a good job. Need good communication skills, managers and co-workers are very friendly, but you have to raise your hand if you need help, everyone is busying with their job.

Pros

Skip-credit

Cons

24 hours

They don't Care about you!!

Because the constant schedule changes its hard to have any work life balance. Managment does not care if you are sick. I was admitted to the hospital and they accused me of faking it in an email that was sent to the supervisors, but they forgot to take me of the forwarded message. They treat their employees like children. Don't waste your time.

Pros

Free Samosas sometimes...

Cons

everything

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement