SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Culture reviews

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..
-Gestion de travail adéquat. -Horaire flexible. -Service à la clientèle à l'écoute en cas de difficulté. -Facile à apprendre.
You will only be able to survive if you know politics. Always be a pet of higher Management and expect you pay increment by 10 cents per year, no matter how big you title is. No proper structure, i think they only hire people once they have no more relative or known left to hire.
I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.
Team members and the team lead, all are supportive and help you achieve the target. They provide a good platform for people who are new to customer service industry.
Typical day is dealing with people who'll have missing items, wrong items, not have a delivery yet or hasn't been delivered at all.You'll have to deal with someone who is either pleasant, rude, angry/frustrated, or just done with everything.The position pretty much comes with limited support where you have to contact support side and see what happened to the food, the courier, or the resturant if it hasn't left. Most of the time the customer is annoyed cause at the end of the chat, you are 99% likely to just refund the customer and they'll not get the food that's missing or the order hasn't arrived. You do assist them with adding or removing items which means calling to take payments.Mentally speaking, it's best to leave it at home cause the policies won't change to assist the customer more but depending on the person they'll either sink or swim in this job cause, as a callcenter, it's mentally draining. Your KPI/stats matter more than anything.The people are great when you know people and the pay is amazing but the culture sucks.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Your input is not appreciated and Team Leads seem to be obnoxious that makes a depressing environment . I have worked as an operation specialist and you are not appreciated for your hard work . -The opportunity for growth is pretty low . -If you are hired on contract than you can be dismissed with no benefits or your medical and other benefits are not covered . -The pay is petty for the amount of work . All it's competitor's pay better . -It exploits international students P.S It's a nightmare if you are an international student . The executives are mostly Caucasians and the management is not inclusive on it's hiring practices . The management iand executive positions are occupied by Caucasians .
Pros
Breaks and vocational pay
Cons
Bad culture
If you are working in departments such as operation specialist etc . I would urge you to not join this company unless it's the only option you got and especially if you get hired on contract position. - The culture is toxic and TL's can be rude and treat yo disrespectfully and they have a sense of arrogance and no leadership qualities . (Example I have seen a girl person crying and others head down in the break room ) - At contracts , you won't get any medical benefits / Dentist etc - The higher management does not promote inclusivity . The operations consist of international students who are exploited foe their situation . - Having worked in tougher jobs but there has always senses a sense of family and having each other back . The communication between work mates is highly discourages . And TLs can open up your private chat messages to your friends . - The pay is not competeitive . It pays a lot of money on it's marketing yet pays it's employees like cans of tuna .
Pros
No Pros, if you have no job it's good
Cons
Warm and welcoming staff Amazing experience, my first job absolutely loved it. Would wanna take the job back any day Work environment and people, great !
C' étés une bonne expérience Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Although the job is fast paced, you get to do it in the comfort of your own car. The job it self is not competitive, yet it is necessary to have a good acceptance rate in order to be matched with more jobs. The hardest part is just to stay motivate into driving for long hours alone everyday, but taking that the job itself is very straight forward and easy.
Pros
you get to choose your own time slots, and do it in any vehicle of your choice.
Cons
It gets very boring
It was my first full time job in Canada. The open space was clean, people are really friendly. The goal of the direction was clear and managed with logical. I can speak of that follow my background like a responsible of quality. Skipthedishes is looking for a polivalent people. You grow for you skill and your energy.
SkipTheDishes is recognized as one of the best places for working in the country. I feel really lucky to be part of such a company, and build some experience for my resume. As due to COVD-19, we all are working from home, and it is appreciable that everybody is giving their best to provide best service to the customers. I have learned how to manage time as I am student and I do have to work and manage my studies as well. I enjoy having assistance from my team members and team leads over an online platform. Everyone is helping each other in this hard-time.
It was great experience to work here as I learned lots of new technologies and tools. Management let you focus on doing your job and don't stress you.
Pros
Great work culture
Connaitre beaucoup d'endroit,des cartiers, des restaurants, des fast food, des cafeterias et pizzeria, rencontrer des personnels de restauration sympathiques et des clients adorables.
I learned how to be pacient, the hardest part of the job was not knowing if you would get an order or not cause if u dont get an order match you don't get paid. The most enjoyable part was learning about more streets around where I live
Pros
knowing your way around the city
Cons
not always getting paid and heavy on gas
There are very limited growth opportunities especially when hired as an entry level operations associate. Lots of fun staff activities but pay is low and uncompetitive
I started working for Skip in 2016, took a break and came back in 2020 and I have to say, the Skip system is way better. The biggest advances are in the courier software app updates. I also feel there are algorithms in place to ensure couriers make at least $20 per hour. For this reason, I accept all offers sent to me because it all evens out in the end of the day. A typical day entails driving to an area you may want to work in and wait to be linked to an offer. Once you are, the offer system kicks in and you will soon learn which area you will be working in. Some are better than others and that is just the way it is. When you are close to the end of your shift you will be asked to extend or sign out early. It is usually to sign out early if asked as there are most likely not orders. What I learned: 1. Best to accept all orders and be a team player. 2. When arriving at a restaurant, don't stress about waiting. This is a part of the job and it is better to have a good relationship with vendors as they are people too. 3. If you arrive at a restaurant and the wait is 15 minutes or longer, let dispatch know so they can assign a new driver and the restaurant wont get penalized. If you need to wait, you may want to let the customer know you are delayed but this means their food will be fresh off the grill. 4. Understand that online delivery is different than dine in. Dine in is limited by number of seats. Online is unlimited. I have been to places that have so many orders and some old lady is trying to figure things out. Having been a line cook back in the - more...
I had great experience with skip the dishes. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We can earn enough to live and will progress in future. I recommend some of my friends.
Working at Skip was such a great experience for me. I learned so much. The dynamic was something I have never worked in before. You work in a building with high school students and the CEO. So many different personalities. You will never be bored because there is always a never ending list on things you could be doing. Management and coworkers are super encouraging and helpful.
HR should listen more to employees, team leaders should accommodate agents with their needs more, quality should improve as well the training and support. Overall the friendly environment between agents and different culture make the workplace amazing.