SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Culture reviews

Canada908 reviews

Clear

Too much stress

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..

SkipTheDishes

Great work culture. Work from home. Excellent medical benefits. Collaborative work environment. Great balance life-work. Competitive wages. Inclusive work environment.

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Overall better than other call center jobs

I worked for 3 different call center jobs and this one is by far more cultured and less stressful job than others that i worked for. Work from home is a comfort.

A good place to work. Really nice staff and management.

Good place, nice staff, good coworkers, A good job for international students. Respectable staff and also welcome your ideas and points. Easy job not too hard and also appreciate your work on your work performance. Monthy rewards.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

Really hard to change your availability.

Interesting place to work

People can be very interesting to work with. A sense of humor is a must. Everyone is helpful and friendly. They are vary supportive to their employees.

Diverse Work Place

You tend to make friends with a lot of people of diverse culture. People are willing to work as a team. You get to learn a lot of new things as you continue to work there.

Pros

Fun activities

Cons

Non

Environnement de travail agréable

-Gestion de travail adéquat.-Horaire flexible.-Service à la clientèle à l'écoute en cas de difficulté.-Facile à apprendre.

Working in Skip Coporate office is the toughest place

You will only be able to survive if you know politics. Always be a pet of higher Management and expect you pay increment by 10 cents per year, no matter how big you title is. No proper structure, i think they only hire people once they have no more relative or known left to hire.

Great workplace with competitive benefits and salary

I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.

Great platform to improve your communication skills.

Team members and the team lead, all are supportive and help you achieve the target. They provide a good platform for people who are new to customer service industry.

It's a job just mentally check out.

Typical day is dealing with people who'll have missing items, wrong items, not have a delivery yet or hasn't been delivered at all.You'll have to deal with someone who is either pleasant, rude, angry/frustrated, or just done with everything.The position pretty much comes with limited support where you have to contact support side and see what happened to the food, the courier, or the resturant if it hasn't left. Most of the time the customer is annoyed cause at the end of the chat, you are 99% likely to just refund the customer and they'll not get the food that's missing or the order hasn't arrived. You do assist them with adding or removing items which means calling to take payments.Mentally speaking, it's best to leave it at home cause the policies won't change to assist the customer more but depending on the person they'll either sink or swim in this job cause, as a callcenter, it's mentally draining. Your KPI/stats matter more than anything.The people are great when you know people and the pay is amazing but the culture sucks.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Been undervalued as an Employee , exploited as an international

Your input is not appreciated and Team Leads seem to be obnoxious that makes a depressing environment . I have worked as an operation specialist and you are not appreciated for your hard work . -The opportunity for growth is pretty low . -If you are hired on contract than you can be dismissed with no benefits or your medical and other benefits are not covered . -The pay is petty for the amount of work . All it's competitor's pay better . -It exploits international students P.S It's a nightmare if you are an international student . The executives are mostly Caucasians and the management is not inclusive on it's hiring practices . The management iand executive positions are occupied by Caucasians .

Pros

Breaks and vocational pay

Cons

Bad culture

Read it ! Thank me later .

If you are working in departments such as operation specialist etc . I would urge you to not join this company unless it's the only option you got and especially if you get hired on contract position. - The culture is toxic and TL's can be rude and treat yo disrespectfully and they have a sense of arrogance and no leadership qualities . (Example I have seen a girl person crying and others head down in the break room ) - At contracts , you won't get any medical benefits / Dentist etc - The higher management does not promote inclusivity . The operations consist of international students who are exploited foe their situation . - Having worked in tougher jobs but there has always senses a sense of family and having each other back . The communication between work mates is highly discourages . And TLs can open up your private chat messages to your friends . - The pay is not competeitive . It pays a lot of money on it's marketing yet pays it's employees like cans of tuna .

Pros

No Pros, if you have no job it's good

Amazing experience

Warm and welcoming staff Amazing experience, my first job absolutely loved it. Would wanna take the job back any day Work environment and people, great !

C' étés une bonne expérience

C' étés une bonne expérience Environnement de travail productif et agréable

it was very casual

Although the job is fast paced, you get to do it in the comfort of your own car. The job it self is not competitive, yet it is necessary to have a good acceptance rate in order to be matched with more jobs. The hardest part is just to stay motivate into driving for long hours alone everyday, but taking that the job itself is very straight forward and easy.

Pros

you get to choose your own time slots, and do it in any vehicle of your choice.

Cons

It gets very boring

Productive and fast-paced environment helping individuals to boost up their confidence.

SkipTheDishes is recognized as one of the best places for working in the country. I feel really lucky to be part of such a company, and build some experience for my resume. As due to COVD-19, we all are working from home, and it is appreciable that everybody is giving their best to provide best service to the customers. I have learned how to manage time as I am student and I do have to work and manage my studies as well. I enjoy having assistance from my team members and team leads over an online platform. Everyone is helping each other in this hard-time.

Best place to work

It was great experience to work here as I learned lots of new technologies and tools. Management let you focus on doing your job and don't stress you.

Pros

Great work culture

Un peu fatigant mais agréable

Connaitre beaucoup d'endroit,des cartiers, des restaurants, des fast food, des cafeterias et pizzeria, rencontrer des personnels de restauration sympathiques et des clients adorables.

Producctive

I learned how to be pacient, the hardest part of the job was not knowing if you would get an order or not cause if u dont get an order match you don't get paid. The most enjoyable part was learning about more streets around where I live

Pros

knowing your way around the city

Cons

not always getting paid and heavy on gas

Limited Growth Opportunities

There are very limited growth opportunities especially when hired as an entry level operations associate. Lots of fun staff activities but pay is low and uncompetitive

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement