SkipTheDishes

Operations Associate19 reviews
Canada19 reviews

skipcourierdeliverydriverappordercarrestaurant

It's A Start If You Need A Job

As with any customer service job, you're going to deal with your share of rude customers and restaurant owners. Be prepared to have your intelligence questioned and occasionally be insulted. The job is very fast paced and can be pretty stressful and overwhelming especially if you work during peak hours or on holidays. Team leaders were friendly and fairly helpful but trying to get in contact with anyone from HR will have you running around in frustration and you likely won't reach anyone. Definitely a start if you're a student and need to earn some money.

Pros

Friendly team leaders, decent work culture

Cons

Fast paced, rude customers, hr very hard to contact

amazing company

amazning company to work for, helpful managers, growth opportunites are abundant, flexible hours and days off can be requested, understanding and helpful

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Decent job to get some experience, but not something you can stick with for a long time.

Good as a first job students get. Schedule flexibility, part time hours and work from home. Repetitive work, gets boring at some point as it lacks a personal touch. Robotic methods get your QA scores higher. Easy money and decent bonuses and benefits. Little growth but again, it gets boring.

Overall better than other call center jobs

I worked for 3 different call center jobs and this one is by far more cultured and less stressful job than others that i worked for. Work from home is a comfort.

Fun and relaxed working environment

Management is friendly. Work is really easy and the most enjoyable part is working from home. Fun and relaxed working environment. Good for people who like felxibility

A good place to work. Really nice staff and management.

Good place, nice staff, good coworkers, A good job for international students. Respectable staff and also welcome your ideas and points. Easy job not too hard and also appreciate your work on your work performance. Monthy rewards.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

Really hard to change your availability.

Don't expect any help when you are in need.

Title says enough. Highly disappointed. Being a performer with over 90% QA score when asked for a support in a emergency, help was denied. Clearly there are no fixed rules here.

Absolutely great team and understanding management, always loved working here.

A place of great satisfaction for the job you do, work life balance, enough time and not at all stressful. Paid vacations, enough holidays, potential for growth.

Pros

Great bonus pay, benifits

Cons

Sometimes boring

Great platform to improve your communication skills.

Team members and the team lead, all are supportive and help you achieve the target. They provide a good platform for people who are new to customer service industry.

Amazing experience

Warm and welcoming staff Amazing experience, my first job absolutely loved it. Would wanna take the job back any day Work environment and people, great !

Terrible work

Skip is making use of International students and putting them through stressful work. No job satisfaction, full of stress, unhappy customers. No job security.

Good company to work with but no stability only contract jobs.

It is good platform to work especially for new comers in Winnipeg. Students get their survival jobs in good hands. You get to learn lot of new things and get hands on experience in Canadian market.

Pros

They do give jobs to so many international students.

Cons

They don’t hire any more for full time permanent job

Productive and fast-paced environment helping individuals to boost up their confidence.

SkipTheDishes is recognized as one of the best places for working in the country. I feel really lucky to be part of such a company, and build some experience for my resume. As due to COVD-19, we all are working from home, and it is appreciable that everybody is giving their best to provide best service to the customers. I have learned how to manage time as I am student and I do have to work and manage my studies as well. I enjoy having assistance from my team members and team leads over an online platform. Everyone is helping each other in this hard-time.

Limited Growth Opportunities

There are very limited growth opportunities especially when hired as an entry level operations associate. Lots of fun staff activities but pay is low and uncompetitive

Intense growth focused environment

Working at Skip was such a great experience for me. I learned so much. The dynamic was something I have never worked in before. You work in a building with high school students and the CEO. So many different personalities. You will never be bored because there is always a never ending list on things you could be doing. Management and coworkers are super encouraging and helpful.

Fun place to work at

Relaxed yet professional work environment. Great people, interesting work to keep you occupied. Empathetic and understanding management. However, not somewhere to go to for your professional career development.

productive and useful experience

I have learned a live support operation, how to respond to live calls and how to create actions for couriers, restaurants and customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cases of escalating the issues with customers.

Productive and best option for part time employment

Productive and best option for part-time employment. No formal dressing required. Though it has tight work schedules but still good exposure for new comers.

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Great place to learn from supervisors and managers. Friendly environment, to grow and improve. Great learning experience.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement