SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Driver

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips

Work like a slave but you are independent...contractor

Ruin your car, sit sometimes two hours in cold or hot waiting for an order, deal with bad traffic, idiotic dispatch and make $7 per hour after you pay fuel, sounds great !!! Worst job you can imagine.

Cons

Money is low and they have false promises

The hours typically are very short or extremely long. The pay out is low and completely up to the tips you get. Also gas your use to drive around is no reimbursed at a real time rate.

Pros

Cons

Pay for own gas, Hours vary wild

As a driver

The skip the dishes just cares about its customers not drivers, drivers are like nothing to them and as they hired so many drivers, they’re not able to give u hours and i think its better to work with other couriers and the people in customer service are super rude and unhelpful they just want to use u and ur car, gas for their customers, to them as a driver you mean nothing

Its just disappoinment

The high gas price, car maintenance and risk of getting involved in an accident is not worthed for a low pay, they hired so many drivers they cant give a decent schedule and fair pay to the drivers.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

not good pay and schedule

It is a delivery job

Skip the Dishes and it has been a great experience so far. They align the transit fee to cover distance traveled so that you are always getting a fair rate for delivery. Tips are added at the time of purchase if the order is paid for online. You are really getting tipped before you have started the order process, which does lead to a smaller tip. You have to remember that that is just a bonus. The hours are flexible and you get to choose your hours a week in advance. I use Waze as the GPS system of choice and this allows me to find quick routes with live traffic info. The courier app has a step by step process so they are with you the entire way. If you get to a restaurant and have to wait too long, they will automatically get onto the restaurant about it. Recommended Tools: 1) A small gas friendly car 2) Great driving skills 3) A sense of urgency 4) A car dock that you can constantly be putting your phone in and out of, with a car charger.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Pay is not consistent

Decent Side gig for sure

So.. after 275 deliveries in 6 months Average 3.50 tip Average with tip = 11.57 per delivery. You can usually do at least 2 deliveries per hour. SOMETIMES more if you're lucky and find parking easily

You will make more money begging on the street...

Just forget this slave job , don't waste your time , your car and your nerves. If you have an electric car maybe you'll make $10/hr. Don't expect any support when delivering orders, you're on your own!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Don't waste your time

If you can fix your car yourself , have no family, lot's of time and get cheap gas somewhere maybe it's a good job for you. Some dispatchers and their friends drivers cooperate really good... don't expect to get $$$ orders too often.

Pros

Independent

Cons

Low pay

Total disrespect for drivers from head office staff

In Wpg the head office staff seem to make a game of ordering food from the most difficult locations in terms of traffic and construction and then making drivers wait downstairs. Include the fact that office staff are the worst tippers a driver deals with a driver effectively lose $ on every HO delivery. If HO had any sense of ethical management they would 1) control where staff can order from and when ie Rush Hour 2) allow drivers to deliver to a single location ( drop off) without waiting for the staff member to come down 3) monitor where staff order from. Take the job only if begging on the street is your only other alternative.

Pros

You get to say when you want to work

Cons

Too many to list

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

Driver positions
See more jobs

Not worth it at all

Signed up to be a driver in January. Bags were not available until Feb. I had to wait a whole month to get a bag and then start my first shift. The first few weeks were okay where I made $93 on one shift. As the weeks passed, I was getting less shifts only to realize that they are constantly advertising for drivers. Well here I am today with no shifts for the past two weeks and not one bad review. Makes you wonder about their business model and who they are rewarding the shifts to. Anyhow, they get you coming and going long distances in some cases and you're rewarded with a paltry tip. I forgot to mention that my area is brampton. Many of the customers in the area are REALLY CHEAP! if you work the Brampton area, you know what I'm talking about. That being said, if you want some beer money once a month, then this might work for you, otherwise, forget it. Not worth the time you invest.

Pros

Visit new Restaurants and try them out when you have time

Cons

Lack of shift, route planning sucks, and wear on vehicle

Don’t waste your time!

Don’t bother working for these people! They don’t pay by the hour so they “hire” so many people that they are constantly over staffed. Too many drivers and not enough orders... you’ll spend quite a bit of time just waiting for orders in your car or even waiting for a restaurant to finish making an order! Customers also seem crazy cheap! I’ve worked in a pizza place before and the tip per order is pretty much 1/2 on average!

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Horrible pay, call center agents, bad tips

Flexible hours, but meant to be a PART TIME job

Skip the Dishes is a great way to earn a little extra cash. However you need to have an open mind, zero expectations, and a positive attitude. You won't make the same amount each week, sometimes you won't get tipped, but on a whole its a pretty cool little side job. You do need to have a pretty decent data plan, and a fuel efficient car. While working for skip you do need to be reliable, be personable, and have patience. On a whole I like the job and with the right attitude it can be fun!

Pros

VERY Flexible Hours, a good way to earn some extra cash

Bad management but good to work as a hobby

It is a good job for someone who is sitting at home. I help my boyfriend with deliveries. It is more productive to do deliveries and doesn’t feel like a job. The down side is that the management is bad and the dispatchers are unhelpful. When we call they always say that there are low orders in the city even though many people order at lunch and dinner time. Also, many of the dispatchers are rude. Another downside to this job is that sometimes we have to wait for a long time to receive an order.

Pros

Get to set your schedule

Cons

Bad management

too many couriers in calgary

they have flooded Calgary with too many couriers, now getting a pickup is like winning the lottery. you will be lucky to make 60$ in an entire day minus gas expenses. I spend 80% of my shift waiting for a pickup. the more couriers there are the less money you make. not worth it.

Pros

no bosses

Cons

not good pay, wear on car

The Best Place to Work if you want to earn $5 (or less) per Hour

This company is taking advantage of people by false claims of income. They claim to pay $20+ per hour which is utterly bs. More like $5 or less if you factor in your gas and car maintenance cost. Not to mention that your car insurance will increase due to mileage increase. Dispatchers will put you in an area way outside your agreed place to deliver. They would only pay you for the route to get to the restaurant and deliver to the customer but how about the way back? One time I drove 31 kilometers one way and guess what? I got paid $18..lol

I worked as Delivery for 1 month

This place sucks. they send you message on cell to accept the promotion and its an invalid number so you cannot accept it. its unorganized company. it even takes your tip and commission. dont work for them.

Pros

fast little money

Cons

bad management

Avoid if possible.

I am leaving this review because I feel like I have put time and effort in a company that seriously did not deserve it. I want people to understand that Skip the dishes is not a real job. At skip the dishes you mean nothing. Everyday you have different dispatchers who runs the show however they please, your wage often is 3.75$ and no tips for being stuck in traffic. You'll receive messages saying to update frequently when you're simply trying to drive. Reassignments while on the job. Dispatchers and restaurant owners can be very rude. And that is, if you get deliveries at all. Not worth it.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Dispatch

Would give 0 stars if i could

Awful Pay Garbage customer service This company should shut down Cant believe how many times i was lied to when being hired. You will get nothing for working here. Boycott skip the dishes

the worst company ever to work with

This company the worst company ever I worked with they put a lot of stress on you and it is their mistakes. really had experience and really bad staff worst manager. I would like to send a message to people out there do not waste your time or your car life period on this job. I have been trying to get some shifts for the last 3 weeks but they tell me there are no shifts for you and no one know the reason. Every time I talk to a worker they tell me different things that they don't make any sense at all

Cons

every single thing in this company is bad

Very poor place to work

Terrible pay, make you drive back and forth across city, no delivery zones, the cut rates, try and force you to work past your shift. Dishonest company exploits its drivers

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

poor pay, cut the pay rates, no management around when you call, clueless dispatch

2.9