SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Pay & benefits reviews: Driver

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips

rip offs

always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away

Not even making minimum and people working in office give good and big tip orders to their friends

It’s really hard to make even minimum when u get order after 1 hour and that’s 16 km total $7 used to be $3.25 But now they are eating drivers tips and showing off they are paying $7 for every delivery if acceptance rate is more than 80 % otherwise u r back to old system $3.25 per delivery, waste of time and fuel and also seen drivers getting big tip orders from their friends in company !

Pros

Last option

Cons

Unlimited

Delivery driver

hi its a good part time job but you need to have another part time or full time job with it to make it worth while. The nice thing was you put what hours you're available but can also pickup shifts too.

it was very casual

Although the job is fast paced, you get to do it in the comfort of your own car. The job it self is not competitive, yet it is necessary to have a good acceptance rate in order to be matched with more jobs. The hardest part is just to stay motivate into driving for long hours alone everyday, but taking that the job itself is very straight forward and easy.

Pros

you get to choose your own time slots, and do it in any vehicle of your choice.

Cons

It gets very boring

Good

This is the best job I think every person can do this job and every person can do this jobThis job is stressful stress less all it is fun but it did get a good salary and it’s fun to deliver something and it’s amazing I think

its not bad for part time job

if u have a car with more than 4 cylinders and more than 2 L,do not do skip the dishes,and minimum per hour is 18 bucks and max is 30 bucks its up to day and hour. but if u dont want to spend your time with bosses and get hard time from them i tell u to go do skip lol

It does not worth to work, stay away

If you earn over $50 in 2 hours, app blocks you from working and it does not send you any delivery. It means you have earned enough for today. We should not make so much money. We always have to be poor. Lol

Pros

Easy to work

Cons

Not enough money

no comment

i drove and did my job best of my abilities. pay was decent but irregular in regard to actual orders. it was good for a part time job i am currently seeking full time

this company is ok if your retired

i started to do some deliveries for skip after i retired and it was ok kept me busy and made a few bucks...the only thing is though my income will probably go up and could affect my retirement pension income...anyone know anything about that....

productive and fun to work

the most reliable and enjoyable work, fun to work, easy money, sometimes lean especially during summer time, best days are winter earn much money though its cold but worth it

Fast-paced and flexible

A great way to earn some extra cash on the side and it is flexible around your own schedule. The pay is based on each delivery completed and its tip but often works out to approximately minimum wage.

Part time job

It is a good option to work part time, you should know the city very well and keep a vehicle in very good condition. Do not forget the care that must be taken in the transport of food.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

low paid

Can be profitable, generally poor pay

I spent a lot of time waiting to get orders, and would prequently make less than 10$ per hour. It was not worth it for me due to the toll taken on my vehicle and the cost of gas.

Overall Good

It is a great part time income. You can pay your bills, grocery expenses and many other expenses working part time. working part time 25 hours a week you can make something around 280 to 320 after gas.

Pros

Work your own schedules.

Cons

Support Service on Shift are not fully trained.

Is useless job

It used to be good when they first started, now it’s not worth it , they cut the transit pay big time , and they hide behind the costumer tip sometimes, if costumer pays you tip they pay you almost nothing on their transit pay , you work 2 shifts for 8 hours to make 80-100$ , when you take your gas and expense you go home with 70 dollar , and if you work only one shift some days you go home with empty hands basically Now you helping them to make money , but you don’t

Fun work with not great pay

It was fun to work here but the pay is very inconsistent and most of your wage depends on the tip. Sometimes you wont receive order for a very long time.

Pros

No boss free work

Cons

low pay

Um... not that bad?

Been doing this part time for a couple of weeks in the Burnaby/New West area. To be honest its not bad and I am actually making a decent profit. Beware of not having correct insurance doing this, the policy cost me an extra $125 a month, thanks ICBC! Anyway, I average 2 runs an hour, 4 hours a day. The runs have been netting me an average of 10 dollars each. Lets keep in mind I am doing this in a $1500 4cyl Nissan that is very reliable and good on gas, and I can do most of its maintenance myself for cheap. And I souped it up a little just for fun. I estimate I use less than $2 fuel an hour, and the extra insurance is running about $125 a month. So for me doing this part time, lets say driving six days a week, 4 hours a shift my total monthly expense would be something like this.... Insurance: $125 a month / 104 working hours = $1.20/hr Gas: $2 x 104 hours = 208/monthly Maintenance: Hard to say, but lets go to the extreme here and say I break a car every year doing this, or at least put its value back into itself each year in parts/fluids and my time each year. Total years working hours (24x52) 1,248 $1500/1248 hours= 1.20/hr Total expense per hour = 4.40 ***This does not consider $75 one time expense for bags!*** This means that the 20 dollars an hour I get is more realistically about 15.60. Still that's not a terrible wage for a part time, casual job. So here is my advice to anyone considering doing this in point form, 1. Get a used Japanese car no newer than 2005, learn how to do your own oil changes and basic maintenance. Even shocks and -

Pros

No Boss!

Cons

Does not explain costs to perspective drivers. Might not be profitable in every area.

Money is low and they have false promises

The hours typically are very short or extremely long. The pay out is low and completely up to the tips you get. Also gas your use to drive around is no reimbursed at a real time rate.

Pros

Cons

Pay for own gas, Hours vary wild

Its just disappoinment

The high gas price, car maintenance and risk of getting involved in an accident is not worthed for a low pay, they hired so many drivers they cant give a decent schedule and fair pay to the drivers.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

not good pay and schedule

It is a delivery job

Skip the Dishes and it has been a great experience so far. They align the transit fee to cover distance traveled so that you are always getting a fair rate for delivery. Tips are added at the time of purchase if the order is paid for online. You are really getting tipped before you have started the order process, which does lead to a smaller tip. You have to remember that that is just a bonus. The hours are flexible and you get to choose your hours a week in advance. I use Waze as the GPS system of choice and this allows me to find quick routes with live traffic info. The courier app has a step by step process so they are with you the entire way. If you get to a restaurant and have to wait too long, they will automatically get onto the restaurant about it. Recommended Tools: 1) A small gas friendly car 2) Great driving skills 3) A sense of urgency 4) A car dock that you can constantly be putting your phone in and out of, with a car charger.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Pay is not consistent

2.9