SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Driver

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.
Pros
Very easy to work around
Cons
Barely any pay without generous tips
always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away
This is probably the worst company you could ever imagine working for they only care about their profits they have so many drivers working that you are lucky to make $10-12/hr while paying for gas and maintenance out of your own pocket. When you question them they will say it seems to be slow in your area atm but they have just scheduled too many drivers it's very easy for them to get extra drivers to work if it's actually busy but instead they over schedule. During the pandemic while waiting to pick up orders in restaurants people have said you must be making really good money I have informed them quite the opposite have to work twice as many hours to make the same money.
Pros
Cons
Badly paid and they don't care about employees
I started driving with Skip over 2 years ago. It has gotten really bad. Very difficult to make even $50 as the orders are just not there. A lot of waiting for orders and at the restaurant... after about 4 orders.... no more orders. It is also difficult to get any customer service. I tried ordering a new bag and it took 2 months to get my money back because I did not receive the bag. I could not speak to anyone and kept getting weird responses to my email. After an email stating I was going to do a charge back via my credit card company, they finally responded. THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE AT SKIP. Hopefully you do not have any issues while on shift as waiting for a text response takes time. Time is money when you are out there. I would not recommend driving for Skip. It is a difficult time right now but it is impossible to make any meaniful money. Most times approximately 30-40% of my earnings come from tips...Without tips the pay is minimal. I have gone out on shifts that paid less than minimum wage or I receive 1 order in 1 hour. My acceptance rate is above 80% but i still have to wait long periods for orders. I also work full time so I can end unproductive shifts with Skip after 1 hour. It is sad to see what was a great side hustle go so horribly wrong and to see the company deteriorate so rapidly.
Pros
Flexibility, you can end the shift instead of wasting your time
Cons
Low pay, few oders, too many drivers
I have driven for a couple of the couriers and I believe that Skip is the best in Canada from a driver's perspective. HOWEVER, as you are technically self-employed, you have to take all costs into account, including things like "wear and tear" which seems like something you can account for, however, if your transmission drops out of your car and you need to do a $4000 repair, an entire year of driving could be unprofitable. The company is good, the support is good, and I actually think the company has a great "product" and it will continue to do well, just be aware that you're not really an employee, and all expenses and risks are yours to assume.
Pros
You get to set your own hours, be your own boss, listen to tunes in the car, etc
Cons
Your car is slowly being consumed by the KMs
It’s really hard to make even minimum when u get order after 1 hour and that’s 16 km total $7 used to be $3.25 But now they are eating drivers tips and showing off they are paying $7 for every delivery if acceptance rate is more than 80 % otherwise u r back to old system $3.25 per delivery, waste of time and fuel and also seen drivers getting big tip orders from their friends in company !
Pros
Last option
Cons
Unlimited
It is a good job for the people who love driving . You can make your own schedule by your own choice. You can stop your shift whenever you want. Most important thing is you are the own boss at work
hi its a good part time job but you need to have another part time or full time job with it to make it worth while. The nice thing was you put what hours you're available but can also pickup shifts too.
Anyone considering signing up to be a driver for skipthedishes, I strong recommend that you do NOT do it. They do not care at all for their drivers. I signed up in response to a signup promotion that required me to do a set number of deliveries by May 15th. They made errors in processing my account and as a result I didn’t receive my delivery bags until June. As a result, I was unable to fulfill the promotion. I contacted them 20+ times over the months of April-June, but they refuse to give me a refund for the signup fees or offer me a new promotion. If you want to work for a company that cares about their drivers, I strongly recommend avoiding Skip and going with a different company like DoorDash, where signup is free and they don’t try to rip you off with bogus promotions.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
They rip you off and dont care about their employees.
i was a student and io did it as a part time job it was not bad experince .GOOD AS part time or a side job. they were treating me well if i need help .
Although the job is fast paced, you get to do it in the comfort of your own car. The job it self is not competitive, yet it is necessary to have a good acceptance rate in order to be matched with more jobs. The hardest part is just to stay motivate into driving for long hours alone everyday, but taking that the job itself is very straight forward and easy.
Pros
you get to choose your own time slots, and do it in any vehicle of your choice.
Cons
It gets very boring
This is the best job I think every person can do this job and every person can do this jobThis job is stressful stress less all it is fun but it did get a good salary and it’s fun to deliver something and it’s amazing I think
I have doing the skip from monthy and my acceptance rate is always 80, disgusting . Today i had complete my 2four hour shifts and i just ear 60$ i drove about 80 km. They never want to return the money for cash order, if you call them for reimbursement and they will put you call on hold about 30-40mints and once agent picks up he will disconnect the call intensionally. If you want any other info call me at 41650
Skip the dishes helped when I didn't have other jobs . Not a lot of delivery orders when we needed money financially. So I would like to have a proper job with my experience.
This is a horrible company. They hide behind your private contractor status so they don't have to treat you like a regular employee. Also if you ask him a question they won't answer. If you like to work for a company with no face then this is the job for you. Good luck.
if u have a car with more than 4 cylinders and more than 2 L,do not do skip the dishes,and minimum per hour is 18 bucks and max is 30 bucks its up to day and hour. but if u dont want to spend your time with bosses and get hard time from them i tell u to go do skip lol
If you earn over $50 in 2 hours, app blocks you from working and it does not send you any delivery. It means you have earned enough for today. We should not make so much money. We always have to be poor. Lol
Pros
Easy to work
Cons
Not enough money
It is fun to deal with different customers and their requirements. We do face challenges but we learn with it. It is streefull to keep up the time and driving conditions especially during winters.
Disorganized, sends you around the city when you could just be located in one part of it. instead of wasting gas. That makes it very hard to make any money. i did not enjoy my experience working there as much as i thought i would
i drove and did my job best of my abilities. pay was decent but irregular in regard to actual orders. it was good for a part time job i am currently seeking full time
i started to do some deliveries for skip after i retired and it was ok kept me busy and made a few bucks...the only thing is though my income will probably go up and could affect my retirement pension income...anyone know anything about that....