SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Driver

Driver67 reviews
Canada67 reviews

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips

Chill job but don’t make much money

This job is honestly really nice as you get to choose your own hours but you don’t make enough money. Usually by the end of a shift I have made about minimum wage but once gas is taken off it’s next to nothing. It’s helpful on my days off but I couldn’t make a living off of it.

Pros

Low stress

Cons

Low pay/ not compensated for gas’s

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

No fun working for this outfit

Pay is pitiful skip management don’t give a 💩about their customers or couriers driving for less than minimum wage after paying for gas maintenance insurance

Only good if it is a second job!!!

summary says it all basically. i work skip every day after work. a typical day you should make 60$-100$+ in 4 hours no problem if you schedule. just shut your brain off, drive safely, listen to music. disregard what the customer and restaurant think of you, choose your orders based on distance, don't be afraid to make a ban list for restaurants if they treat you unfairly (i already have a couple)

Pros

there for you when you need extra money, (making nearly 1000$ a week total after working my weekly job)

Cons

people view you as dirt, fk them, get that money, drive home laughing

It’s better to get a real job

Low wages. Every driver I talked to makes below minimum wage per hour( after car expenses)They force you to keep acceptance rate above 80% or give you little to no pickups.If you run into a issue it takes 30-60 minutes for them to respond to there live chat.

Pros

Weekly payouts

Cons

Low pay, bad driver support, force you to take orders or give you no order

Perfect and comfortable

It's comfort and perfect ,good money if you focused, easy application, reachable customer service, good experience, any time you can work, busy in weekends

Driver

Good company. Futuristic. I love working here. Its flexible. Be your own boss on your own time.I recommed to all my friends and family. love it love it love it

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

Uncaring people! Could care Less about their drivers

I would not suggest Anybody waste their time with this company!!!And to realize these companies are ripping off businesses with a 25% to 30% surcharge on Every order they get while also ripping off drivers in many cases on calls out of town that are just not worth your time. Then if you turn down 2 or more calls they punish the driver with less calls for the day! It is Absolutely Pathetic!!!!!Not a very busy company.Their app doesn't work properly. It's always asking if I am still here After I've been sitting for an hour or 2 waiting for a call.At the same time while I'm sitting at a restaurant waiting for a call, I could watch 6 or 7 drivers go into that same place and pick up Many orders while I sit and do Nothing!!!Then when you contact their people through the online lack of support, these people have No Clue what they are talking about! They just send you pre-scripted notes telling you what you should or shouldn't do to help Yourself!!!They have NO CLUE how to help the drivers!!!There is SO MUCH Wrong with this company you have No Idea!!!Don't Waste Your Time!

Pros

Cons

Their drivers mean Absolutely Nothing to them!

rip offs

always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away

Horrible company!!!

This is probably the worst company you could ever imagine working for they only care about their profits they have so many drivers working that you are lucky to make $10-12/hr while paying for gas and maintenance out of your own pocket. When you question them they will say it seems to be slow in your area atm but they have just scheduled too many drivers it's very easy for them to get extra drivers to work if it's actually busy but instead they over schedule. During the pandemic while waiting to pick up orders in restaurants people have said you must be making really good money I have informed them quite the opposite have to work twice as many hours to make the same money.

Pros

Cons

Badly paid and they don't care about employees

Current driver for Skip

I started driving with Skip over 2 years ago. It has gotten really bad. Very difficult to make even $50 as the orders are just not there. A lot of waiting for orders and at the restaurant... after about 4 orders.... no more orders. It is also difficult to get any customer service. I tried ordering a new bag and it took 2 months to get my money back because I did not receive the bag. I could not speak to anyone and kept getting weird responses to my email. After an email stating I was going to do a charge back via my credit card company, they finally responded. THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE AT SKIP. Hopefully you do not have any issues while on shift as waiting for a text response takes time. Time is money when you are out there. I would not recommend driving for Skip. It is a difficult time right now but it is impossible to make any meaniful money. Most times approximately 30-40% of my earnings come from tips...Without tips the pay is minimal. I have gone out on shifts that paid less than minimum wage or I receive 1 order in 1 hour. My acceptance rate is above 80% but i still have to wait long periods for orders. I also work full time so I can end unproductive shifts with Skip after 1 hour. It is sad to see what was a great side hustle go so horribly wrong and to see the company deteriorate so rapidly.

Pros

Flexibility, you can end the shift instead of wasting your time

Cons

Low pay, few oders, too many drivers

Good as a side gig, but know your costs

I have driven for a couple of the couriers and I believe that Skip is the best in Canada from a driver's perspective. HOWEVER, as you are technically self-employed, you have to take all costs into account, including things like "wear and tear" which seems like something you can account for, however, if your transmission drops out of your car and you need to do a $4000 repair, an entire year of driving could be unprofitable. The company is good, the support is good, and I actually think the company has a great "product" and it will continue to do well, just be aware that you're not really an employee, and all expenses and risks are yours to assume.

Pros

You get to set your own hours, be your own boss, listen to tunes in the car, etc

Cons

Your car is slowly being consumed by the KMs

Not even making minimum and people working in office give good and big tip orders to their friends

It’s really hard to make even minimum when u get order after 1 hour and that’s 16 km total $7 used to be $3.25 But now they are eating drivers tips and showing off they are paying $7 for every delivery if acceptance rate is more than 80 % otherwise u r back to old system $3.25 per delivery, waste of time and fuel and also seen drivers getting big tip orders from their friends in company !

Pros

Last option

Cons

Unlimited

Good job as part time

It is a good job for the people who love driving . You can make your own schedule by your own choice. You can stop your shift whenever you want. Most important thing is you are the own boss at work

Delivery driver

hi its a good part time job but you need to have another part time or full time job with it to make it worth while. The nice thing was you put what hours you're available but can also pickup shifts too.

A company that rips you off with bogus signup promotions

Anyone considering signing up to be a driver for skipthedishes, I strong recommend that you do NOT do it. They do not care at all for their drivers. I signed up in response to a signup promotion that required me to do a set number of deliveries by May 15th. They made errors in processing my account and as a result I didn’t receive my delivery bags until June. As a result, I was unable to fulfill the promotion. I contacted them 20+ times over the months of April-June, but they refuse to give me a refund for the signup fees or offer me a new promotion. If you want to work for a company that cares about their drivers, I strongly recommend avoiding Skip and going with a different company like DoorDash, where signup is free and they don’t try to rip you off with bogus promotions.

Pros

There are none.

Cons

They rip you off and dont care about their employees.

fun work as a part tim e or side job

i was a student and io did it as a part time job it was not bad experince .GOOD AS part time or a side job. they were treating me well if i need help .

it was very casual

Although the job is fast paced, you get to do it in the comfort of your own car. The job it self is not competitive, yet it is necessary to have a good acceptance rate in order to be matched with more jobs. The hardest part is just to stay motivate into driving for long hours alone everyday, but taking that the job itself is very straight forward and easy.

Pros

you get to choose your own time slots, and do it in any vehicle of your choice.

Cons

It gets very boring

Good

This is the best job I think every person can do this job and every person can do this jobThis job is stressful stress less all it is fun but it did get a good salary and it’s fun to deliver something and it’s amazing I think

Worst job, pls donot do this any more. If driver will stop doing this, they will understand the value for drivers for this company

I have doing the skip from monthy and my acceptance rate is always 80, disgusting . Today i had complete my 2four hour shifts and i just ear 60$ i drove about 80 km. They never want to return the money for cash order, if you call them for reimbursement and they will put you call on hold about 30-40mints and once agent picks up he will disconnect the call intensionally. If you want any other info call me at 41650

Not much job

Skip the dishes helped when I didn't have other jobs . Not a lot of delivery orders when we needed money financially. So I would like to have a proper job with my experience.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement