SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Work-life balance

Good for part time

Don't take this job for full time sometimes you will make $40 after 6 hours. It could be boring as well when it is slow but you also get hit by orders too

Cons

Miss or hit

Fun to work for skip the dishes

You get to listen to music and learn your city better and see new restaurants and get to know each other! Get to know the other drivers who work for skip the dishes!

Pros

Drive around the city and get to know it

Cons

Pick your own hours

Trabajo a tu ritmo.

You work in your available time, as a skipthedishes worker I feel satisfied with the schedules since you have the option to choose your hours to work. The only bad thing is that clients often do not give you the incentive for your service and that discourages the worker, you stop spending time with your family to provide a service that is not well paid.

Pros

adapted to your time

Cons

long waiting times, poor remuneration from the client

Fun and invigorating job

Flexible hours, paid my rent and also had spending money to boot!! Love to book the times of to see my granddaughter. And book extras hours before her visit for extra spending 💸

Pros

Fast cash, Part time or full, my choice😁

Cons

Can't think of any

Extremely unorganized!!

This company doesn’t answer phone calls at all. It takes them over a month to answer one simple email. They keep you waiting for weeks on end. I would highly not recommend this company to anybody.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Perfect side gig to make some extra cash

Excellent way to make some extra cash.All your need is a drivers license, a vehicle, thermal bags and a clean background check.Set your own hours and cruise around the city, delivering food to customers.Wages can be very unpredictable.

Pros

Making your own hours

Cons

Unpredictable salary

Exciting

I learned that customer service always left positive reviews but tips where always at minimal from clients and weather bonouses were offered at the time I was hired but I never got any and I’ve driven in very dangerous road conditions that’s why I took those jobs those days expecting a bonous on my checks .. never saw any in my account at all nor raises of any kind I had a two year perfect record ( no lates no misses) got best driver / courier award but that’s all and the only recongnistion I’ve got.. so I work very little now do to going nowhere in the career of skip the dishes.

Pros

Meet nice people

Cons

No benefits

Lazy and unfair

They're not reliable they don't give you the shifts you ask for they hire way too many people and overpopulate the industry therefore cutting our shifts short many many customer complaints about them they do not assist you properly constantly avoid the questions you ask never give you a direct answer and if you miss a shift or have a reason to miss a shift then they punish you by taking away two more shifts they don't pay enough

Flexible part time work

The Courier App works great & seamlessly flows with Google Maps which is great. Fellow drivers are friendly (mostly) & helpful. Problems delivering are attended too fairly fast & you earnings are DD to your bank account weekly. Average daily "wages" are within the $20 p.hr level in the small city Im in & went UP with COVID. As a contractor, not an employee, you're responsible for your own gas, insurance and car maintenance. I strongly suggest having a tax professional look over your receipts to ensure your getting all the taxs ect back as possible. Its worth it. Skip updates avaliable shifts weekly, & are typically 3 to 4 hours long you can extend or shorten shifts as needed once on shift. PROS! Your own boss, no cash float atm, your office is your car. CONS! You learn real fast how terrible other drivers are. Some restaurants partners are slow to get the order to you, pack the order sloppy then customers blame that on you. But w/e Drive to restaurant pick up order, drive to customers address, put food at front door, knock, then head back to your car to clear delivery, and repeat.

Pros

Not having to suck up to managers or deal with co workers

Cons

gas, insurance, maintenance can eat away at your wages.

Don't Waste Your Time - Your Insurance will Triple - Terrible Company Support

Signed up to be a Skip The Dishes delivery driver. After I had to pay $90 for thermal bags and a background check, I called my insurance company to let them know I would be a driver, they told me that my car insurance would triple in price. It was not worth it, so I emailed company so I could send back my bags and get a refund. They responded through email about 2 weeks later asking for my email - what? You just emailed me! It sounds like they are in some foreign country and don't even understand what you are saying. Terrible driver support. Would not recommend this company. If you do not have proper insurance (pay triple the price) and get in an accident while driving for them, your insurance company will not cover your accident. They are taking advantage of people to do their work with terrible pay. They get you to buy their bags first thing so they make a lot of money on that alone and you aren't able to send them back if you don't even use them.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, no company support

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

Delivery Driver positions
See more jobs

Don't even think signing up

Come work for skip if you want to waste your time and money. This is a very terrible job. There are too many drivers, it is so hard to wait for orders in the car specially in the winter time. Most people do not give tip and the transit pay is so low for a very far location. The management should limit drivers in one shift so drivers will have a lot of orders. It sucks getting orders at McDonalds, you usually wait atleast 10 minutes for an order.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time and money

Flexible hours

Can put your own hours. Flexible to work any time. Only thing is too many drivers so you have to put lot hours to make money. Have to work 7 days a week to make good money

Bad app

Always have issues with the app disconnecting and connection errors and orders that are not there. Or waiting for hours for order in the hot spots just to drive across town to try another spot....then get a order from where you just were it's very spotty.

Horrible job

Skip is not a good company to work for. Sometimes you will need to travel at least half hour for one order. From the location you are at when the order goes through, to the restaurant and then to the customer. Also, wait times at some restaurants is horrible. If you dont keep your acceptance rate above 80 percent, you won't really make money. You will sit sometimes for 30 mins or more just to get an order. I would not recommend driving for skip to anyone. The app doesn't work very well and the GPS system on the app is terrible.

Pros

Cons

everything regarding skip

Time management

The salary completely depends on you and the time flexibility is a significant pros for me. The customer service is a very supportive and you feel good as a member of the company.

Typical day

All you do is sit in car wait for order pick it up than deliver itsnotbad you get to meet new people just with the pay was more but like to drive so itsokv

Pros

Drive arou dmeet people

Cons

Not anough orders

poor treatment of drivers

Support system very poor Phone calls don't get answered 99% of the time, chat system not helpful with anything except getting rid of orders Also no one access to supervisor or any person in charge Email sent to Skip don't get answered except for pay issues which happen very often

Cons

drivers time and resources no optimised wasted to often

Don't waste your time

You will not always get the order. They have order dispatcher. Worst is you will have a order with about 8km distance from restaurant to customer's place with delivery fee of $3.95 whithout tip. Sometimes you will have 1 delivery every half hour.

Pros

You time freedom

Cons

Waste of gas and time.

Skip the dishes is pretty good.

It's a good job to have, it's easy and it's good money on the side. If you are unable to work a regular job then skip the dishes is a good job to do. It's really easy and fun sometimes. It can also be very stressful because some people dont understand it actually takes a lot of time out of your life to deliver peoples foods to them. A lot of people expect a lot out of you and dont give a lot in return

I really love this company

I REALLY LOVE THIS COMPANY. Because I am an independent contractor here. so I can take a schedule by myself self and I car work anytime if I want and earn a good amount of money.

It is part time

Job is part time I am an independent contractor I have never received a poor rating from customers They call nearly all customers. I have never been late for any job Some days I stay longer if they are busy

2.9