SkipTheDishes

Customer Service Representative28 reviews
Canada28 reviews

skipcourierdeliverydriverappordercarrestaurant

It’s okay

It’s very busy due to the nature of the job as you will have a lot of customers chatting in at a time for your assistance, it becomes overwhelming at the beginning but you will get used to it

Pros

work from home

Cons

long hours, busy all the time

Winnipeg

One of the worst organization that I worked for. The most horrible team is the people or HR team existing over there as they don’t respond any of your request and continuously delayed in responses. They even missed out your wages increments and won’t fix it sooner than 7 months. Favouritism,bad management,micro management you name it, it is there. So if you want to experience the worst and toxic corporate life only then you should work in this company.

Pros

Work from home

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun place to work

Skip is always trying to satisfy their customers,thats why its a great company. Management should just watch out for tribal favourism.All together,its s company that values the staff ,

Very bad management

Easy work but stressful, the management has 0 management skill which is very bad in the team. The team leads only care about their own rate, they do not reply your message and rarely help you with things. They keep push you to go work but not actually do their own job.Hardly get rise if you are not the same last name or the color. Not recommend to the people who want to work in this company for long term.

Not too bad

Just annoying to deal with some customers but wasn’t very hard work, most interactions are pretty straightforward just copy paste but yes occasionally can be frustrating

Just do it for experience nothing else

If you really must, just do it for the work experience. I wouldn’t recommend staying more than a year. The amount of tasks for the compensation you get is so unfair. Get your little one year of customer service experience for your resume then get out

Very fast paced

Easy to grow in the company but they treat their staffs not nicely. The benefits are okay but l believe they can do better. Management is okay but they can do better also

They don't Care about you!!

Because the constant schedule changes its hard to have any work life balance. Managment does not care if you are sick. I was admitted to the hospital and they accused me of faking it in an email that was sent to the supervisors, but they forgot to take me of the forwarded message. They treat their employees like children. Don't waste your time.

Pros

Free Samosas sometimes...

Cons

everything

Badly run company

Badly run company, they favour their friend, management have not experiences at all and they don’t care about their customers , their courier’s and create a toxic work environment, if you still with them get out now before it get too later.

Pros

No free

Cons

Only management taking all

Not possitive to work at all

bad management and dont value employees. bad working environment since no one care on what they are doing at work at all. benefits are not great too.

If youre in corporate you will like it

If not you will be fighting in a sea of unhygienic college kids and lonelyhearted middle-aged folks needing to escape their reality, only to sit in a broken smelly dirty desk and be yelled at all day. It is not much to ask to have basic work conditions like a clean bathroom or proper keyboards and headsets but apparently there it is. and everyone complains about people complaining so its toxic af for people with anxiety, not to mention the cosntant policy changes, the sharky team leads harking you for not taking enough calls and generally feeling like a blob because you get no time to stand up or take a decent break. people run off the floor all the time crying or breaking down. YAY The work is being abused by customers all day in a drab broken packed call center, the pay is so low that trying to use your benefits is actually not feasible and HR doesn't do anything but get defensive when you are concerned for your mental welfare. Good riddance, bring this company down already.

hectic fast paced

not a lot of opportunity for advancement, although they preach it. Good people that work there in the pits. many work related free food and group activities if you are not scheduled to work through them.

Stressful and Challenging

Typically, a usual work day is going through accounts and using your gut whether or not a customer deserves a compensation for their wait or cold food due to the high amount of scammers trying to hustle free food. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions that go against your standard morals.

good for people who want to work from home

Work on your own schedule from home and your car. all orders are done through the skip the dishes app you download after going through the hiring process.

bad

They're really not considerate with students and hours. They changed my schedule time 4 times when I gave them my availability and when I told them I couldn't work these hours and to help me change them, since I am a full time student they said "we'd look into it" or "sorry it's already in the system." They changed my desire schedule 3-11:30pm to 4pm-1:30am to 5pm-2:30am to 8:30pm-5am to 10:30pm-7am when I told them I had 8am classes every weekday. And there were a lot of power hungry people who would kiss up to managers. They'd tell you to work faster when, there was another individual on their phone with a lot of backed up call/chats. I was once disturbed from my break to end it early to help someone with their calls/chats. Or my break would be pushed back hour because I was told to assist someone with clearing their backed up calls.

Na

- Good work culture - Pay is low compared to other businesses - Stressful, tedious and have to take many calls - Not so good management skills - Free coffee

Doesn’t care about employees

Skip is generally okay if you’re in school and you’d like to make side money. However if you’re considering being there long term it’s a no-no. Stuck up team leads and managers forcing you to give your all to a job where you’re not appreciated. It causes a lot of stress and anxiety and the benefits they offer don’t cover for that. There’s also a lot of favouritism and they undervalue staff. Don’t work here!

Tedious, poor management and too much favouritism

This was my worst job experience so ever. They expect so much work from you yet they offer low pay. You can clearly see that some team leads suck up to the management and will only be friendly and helpful towards you until they leave. Don’t expect an advancement here because you can only grow in the company from knowing someone in a higher position than you. Your hard work won’t be recognized and you’ll just be treated as a disposable. Their problem solving overall with important stakeholders like customers and couriers isn’t effective enough. I’d say this job is good if you’re part time and still in school but as a career I’d never recommend it. Hopefully they can put more work into treating employees and couriers equally and fairly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Lack of work/life balance, favouritism, boring

Good Management and Opportunities for growth.

Very empathetic with employees as they are with customers. Lots of opportunities for learning and growth. The company is growing fast and people get promoted rapidly. Mostly in winter, the opportunity for working extra is offered, which helps you earn extra cash. Very polite Management.

Poor Management, boring

At first it was great, in training and interviews they said shifts were flexible and we could even create our own schedules. This was great because I was in school. Once the training was over, you're on your own. Management may as well be non-existent. You're micro-managed by your peers that walk around with laptops for *help* but when you actually need them they're talking to their friends/management in a corner. If your schedule is messed up because of their weird, unclear expectations, you're on your own. Good luck dropping that shift. I ended up having to quit because every 2 weeks they scheduled me on a shift I specifically indicated I was unavailable for. Raises are non-existent. They say they give you a review once a month after training. Hadn't received one and I was there over 6 months. After speaking to co-workers about a raise, they said you're lucky if you get 30 cents at the end of a year. Don't waste your time, they demand perfection but pay for mediocracy. Management needs an overhaul, I should not hear my peers being scolded for things they messed up on in the middle of the call centre. How unprofessional can you be. If you dare join this company, make friends quickly. Try and make friends with people close to the higher-ups. Their is MAJOR favouritism and they don't even try to hide it. I would see people working in my position wasting their shift away walking around, talking to their friends who walked around *in case you need help* meanwhile, you talk to the person next to you too much and they ask why you're not taking a call. (This happened more -

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

management, micro-management, low morale, high expectations, low pay for job requirements

It’s an okay job

This job was my second job and I thought everything was awesome at first but that ended up going down the drain fast. The hours are weird and there isn’t a whole lot of flexibility, you also aren’t given a whole lot of training. I pretty much went 2 months without a proper lead (she didn’t care too much about me) and some of them are kinda aggressive. The other coworkers seemed to click with me fine and I love them. Although I don’t see myself working here much longer. The customers also seem to be mad aggressive over their order being 10 mins late

Pros

free oatmeal, some coworkers are cool and it’s downtown

Cons

constantly angry customers, leads that either don’t care or are tracking your every move, whack hours

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement