SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Courier Driver

Courier Driver167 reviews
Canada167 reviews

Fun to drive around

you will do good when you like to drive around town. Good for student when need a part time job.flexible hours for part time jobCons: Gas prices are high and maintenance need to do regularly

A Great Way to make extra cash on the Side...

Doing Skip the Dishes is a fantastic way of making some extra cash on the side. I started doing it when the pandemic slammed down, cutting off all my social activities leaving me with so much free time. You earn from delivery fees and tips...if tips are even made. Most people do Skip as a side part time gig to earn extra cash, some people might do it full time, I'm not sure how much they would make though. How much you earn in your 4-hour shift can depend from what day you do Skip, what time of day, and how much tips are too. If you keep a good record of accepting offers, Skip will add a few cents to the earnings. The down falls for the job would be people being stingy on tipping some don't tip at all, gas is a big expense, can cause ware on your vehicle, and you can find yourself sitting in your car waiting for a while, but there are some days where you doing one delivery after another. Depending on where you live, you can do Skip by bike which gives a great bonus for exercise. The scheduling is weekly, so if you have a job whose scheduling goes say 3 weeks, you can plan when you can do Skip easily.

Pros

Good exercise (if biking), extra money, get to see different restaurants, schedule when you want to work

Cons

Gas expense, waiting for orders, some don't tip

Insights into SkipTheDishes

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Its flexible

Great place to earn extra cash. Flexible job but only great as a side gig. Setting your schedule from 11am to 830pm is great way to start. Nothing is really open after 9pm.

As I said, it's fun because you have a certain freedom and you meet new people.

On a positive note, you can work around your schedule, appointments, school, children at home etc. It's nice to meet new people. On a negative note, you can't call and to to anyone if needed. If you email or text,no one seems to pay attention, because you can't ever get a proper answer to anything. You can only expect generic answers that have nothing to do with the subject. Quality employee service is terrible. They also have an office, but don't take calls. How would you rate this company? The only good thing about working for skip is the freedom that you have, plus meeting new people. 👎😒

Good

Flexible job. You are your own boss. But need customer service attitude. Sometimes learn something. Need drive careful ly don't rushSide job to cover gas prices high andcar insurance.

This job was great at first. But has declined in the last three years do to the economy

I was happy for the first two years working at Skip The Dishes. I was fairly busy, It kept me active and I made decent money. However, this year the job has been steadily declining. It is not that it is not a good company. It is and you have so much freedom, but, with the increase in fuel prices everything has followed and all prices and interest rates are up across the board. So needless to say the first thing that people will cut from there household expenses is delivery. It is not a necessity and this job has slowed considerably.

Pros

Lots of freedom with work schedule, Cherry pick shifts, and work when you want.

Cons

Unless you drive an electric vehicle, it is hard to make any money now.

Zero benefits, fend for yourself, and inconsistent pay

Job is a gamble, drive as safe as possible, follow traffic laws and you might just be lucky enough to avoid accidents and tickets, both seem inevitable though with the nature of the job. Pay is terribly inconsistent and you can sometimes go hours without any orders. Only positive is the fact you control your schedule.

Pro and cons

Wear and tear on the car The gas prices are pretty high There's not enough compensation through tax rate off for the gas that you pay No benefits It's really relaxed there's no boss which is nice

It has its pros and cons

Courier success team (operaters/reps) are not helpful at all. You pretty much have do your own determining of issues while on shift. There are perks to the pay but with gas prices shooting up $0.50 per litre in one week and climbing they are not doing anything to help by increasing our order intake or increasing our fees. The system is far from accurate and when there is a mistake not in your favor...nothing gets done. You cannot at all contact any upper management or tech support. Shift bonuses and incentives are very rare and theres usually too many drivers on shift doe you to make good money anymore.

Pros

You get to choose your own hours. Adding or removing shifts minutes before start without consequence

Cons

You are on your own. No point in complaining because higher ups will never be contacted.

Work for well under minimum wage!

As an independent driver, the expectation would be to make at least minimum wage plus cost of fuel to get around. Most days I am fortunate to average $15 /hr BEFOREgas, so I make roughly $8-9 per hour, and this doesn't even come close to including wear and tear costs to MY vehicle. Plus I have never physically spoken with any type of management...it is all email, and no feeling of connection.

Pleasant and flexible with fair pay.

This company is great. I just went through the worst year of my life and they never questioned me. I worked when I could and was paid more than fairly. Help desk is quick to address any issue I had just watch out for speeding tickets. I really enjoy this job. It’s not glamorous but not demeaning either. Pretty basic and with no contact in place, I never felt uneasy and often worked until midnight.

Pros

Absolutely flexible.

Cons

Some long trips that don’t pay. I take one per shift if it comes up.

You can set your own time.

Good for part-time work as work schedule is very flexible. I would suggest having a better benefit package and also rewards for drivers who has not had many issues with deliveries. The milestones are nice to know but there are no reward incentives with it.

Pros

Set your own time.

Cons

Benefits are minimal.

Easy job if you like working on your own

Being able to schedule your availability and decline shifts is important. Amount of orders varies. Feels like there are too many drivers on at one time and you sit too long between orders.

It's better than...

The position allows one the opportunity to leverage their personal vehicle for profit by contracting delivery services to restaurants on behalf of the company. As such, the service standards are flexible and allow the contractor the freedom to determine their own schedule and income strategies.

Pros

Autonomous work environment

Cons

Local courier competition, unpaid waiting

Unprofessional and NON Caring

Skip support, completely and totally useless. When drivers are reaching out because they are in the midst of a delivery and need help, skip responds with totally irrelevant answers.Don't expect to get the shifts you want, even though skip advertised you will. They are randomly allocated by a computer algorithm which "magically" knows what the customer is going to order a week in advance.The vast majority of drivers have no insurance to drive for skip. The cost of the required commercial insurance that skip does not tell, is up to $7000, totally unreasonable for a $6.00 delivery fee you will get.Skip will make money from the restaurants for every minute the order goes past the collection time, what does the driver get for waiting, easily 30 minutes, nothing worth the wait.The app crashes, freezes and slow to load a page, you complain and skip says it's your phone!.To many drivers, Bottom line RUN AWAY from this company.

Pros

Cons

The worst support from any company

Good schedule.

Was a descent place to work and it gave me the flexibility for a work life balance. I could set my own schedule. And the support team there is second to none.

A good way to make a quick buck on the side

I would recommend Skip the Dishes for anyone who is already working full or part time, and needs a little extra cash on the side. It is possible to make a living wage doing this, but beware of competition in your city! This is purely commission-based, so there will be days or weeks where you make less than other weeks, and you may have to work more hours to make a living wage some weeks. Also be aware that you are using your own vehicle for this, and it can take quite a toll on it, so make sure to maintain your vehicle, keep track of how many KM's you drive, and save your fuel receipts! You will need that stuff for taxes. My recommendation would be to try Skip the Dishes, but don't commit full-time until you're sure you can make it work.

Pros

Flexible work hours, fun to do

Cons

Stiff competition, really hard on vehicles

Low wage, run down your car for pennies.

Low pay, run your vehicle into the ground. 1/5 for driver support. They seem to do the bare minimum. Hard to get info from if you need government help.

Pros

Flexible hours (you set the days you want to work)

Cons

Garbage pay.. You aren't guaranteed shifts on your open days.

horrible

did not make any money it's basically a scam. you don't even get an employee discount on skip and the pay was supposed to be 20-25 an hour but turned out it was only 15 most days.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

non suitable for a living wage job

Driver

There is no order inside the warehouse, no motivational behaviors, people are completely unprofessional as supervisors. I hope they get better management in the future

Worst company

Their courier help team is rude and won’t respond in time not at all beneficial to couriers. Some restaurants take really long time to prepare your order and you don't get reimbursement for that. The courier chat is even further headache. They won’t even respond in time and if they do they are very rude and their is no way of going around them. Usually they only respond with automated messages only. If you skip the order they lower your acceptance rate and gives you less orders.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Not enough pay, no support for couriers, greedy management, not worth it, rude management, slow chat system

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement