SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Courier Driver

This is good side job if you are looking for an extra money. The bad thing is that you paid by the time you deliver not by kilometers which is in my opinion not fair. they should change this as for a courier most highway and more kilometers consumes more gas and add more kilometers to your vehicle there should be top up with this
Pros
own time
There is no order inside the warehouse, no motivational behaviors, people are completely unprofessional as supervisors. I hope they get better management in the future
Their courier help team is rude and won’t respond in time not at all beneficial to couriers. Some restaurants take really long time to prepare your order and you don't get reimbursement for that. The courier chat is even further headache. They won’t even respond in time and if they do they are very rude and their is no way of going around them. Usually they only respond with automated messages only. If you skip the order they lower your acceptance rate and gives you less orders.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not enough pay, no support for couriers, greedy management, not worth it, rude management, slow chat system
The company itself has grown in the last two years all except for the employees, seems like wages have decreased and there is way too many drivers, you’ll be on a shift and end up declining all the orders because you become dependant on customer tips, shouldn’t be the customer responsibility to make sure workers are compensated fairly for the amount of work, 25 minutes for $3.49 and my gas no thanks
Pros
Your own hours
Cons
Heavy lack of everything you expect from this type of job
Skipthe dishes is a food delivery network for all.I love Skipthedishes and working for them is fun.I personally recommended 5 people to skip the dishes -food delivery giant as drivers and so far so far so good
if u have a car n love to drive...........its perfect .just due to cold n curfew, its difficult to work at times but other than that it's been great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes you get unreasonable task
It's an ok job. You get to drive around, listen to music, pick up and drop off orders. Not too much stress. Problems would be that IF you have an issue with something and contact Skip via email, you won't get much help. They reply with automated responses basically. Sometimes I think there's a language barrier and they don't even understand your question and give you a wacky answer that's no help. They're pretty helpful on the job though, through Chat if its to do with an order. Money wise, it has to be super busy to make money. Weekdays, I barely make $50 in a 4 hour shift. Consider the gas you just used and you've made a whopping $10/hr. You have to decide what it's worth to you. On a busy weekend, it improves a bit. The good thing about it is you can work as little as you want. Getting shifts though and replying on how busy it is to make money the money you need..that's the tricky part. If you need a quick $40 for something that week, this is your job. But you can't really rely on it to pay big bills or rent. Also, remember you're an independent contractor so don't expect any kind of benefits, help with a car accident, or to use them as a reference.
Pros
Drive, listen to music, drop shifts when you need to.
Cons
Not enough shifts, not busy enough, uses a lot of gas.
I drive for Skip The Dishes when I am between projects on my real job. It is easy and pays the bills. Highly recommend for students or people looking to make some spare change.Support is lacking to say the least. Always get cut and paste responses to issues or questions. Go into this expecting little to no support and you will not be disappointed.Compensation is okay but Skip really has to modify it for wait times at restaurants and distances traveled from restaurants to deliver.Overall a good job and can make money if you hustle. You will not get rich but hey it should not be looked at as a full time pay the mortgage type of job.
Pros
Flexible hours, okay compensation, just drive easy as that.
Cons
Poor support online and offline, pay could be tweeked to account more for waits and distances.
Good fo extra money for FT workers. Evening shifts are highly recommended for better pay. Shifts during the day isn’t so great. It’s important to know to work at the right time.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hit or miss on orders
The first week you get all the great orders.then after that you can sit for hours and then get a low pay to drive 30 min ir more and if you refuse u drop below 80 and get real bad runs . Plus customers have your full name and yell at you cause your late xause restraunt is giving order late and they go on social media and cut you up. Skip dont care but you respond you are in in trouble.nit worth it. You go sit at restraunt 10 min skip says they will pay diffrence which they dont.
Pros
Cons
Bad pays
Interview was easy, and the job if you like driving is fun and relaxing. Basically just take your phone and you’re off to make money. People are happy to see you both in the shop and customers delivered to.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
Long driving
I've worked with skip for about 3-4 years now. When I started off it was good but I stopped because I was getting orders taken away mid order, noticed alot of Sikh drivers collecting orders while I'm sitting in hotspots for more than an hour. My rating with skip isn't bad, I took orders and completed my shifts.I feel alot of East Indians infiltrated the order department and handout orders to their East Indian buddies instead of being fair about it.If boycott skip and go else where. Racism/prejudism is real with skip the dishes.
Pros
Non
Cons
Racist/prejudice
SkipTheDishes is fun place to work in if you get regular shift on your schedule time and date. You decide what you want to do with your time. I have been with SkipTheDishes for over a year now and really do not have much to complain about them, except that my availabilty usually don't fall on the schedule they have. But I don't expect them to favour me and displease the rest.
Cons
most times shifts don’t fall on my availabilty.
You must have a proper insurance coverage and your personal car insurance policy won't cover you. If you make a claim and tell them the truth that you were delivering food, your policy would be cancelled and you would had to pay everything out of your pocket. SkipTheDishes says it is your responsibility, they let you work with a simple liability insurance, but in reality you need a commercial insurance. I am searching for an insurance company to get a quota with no luck.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Know your responsibilities, you are all alone
if it was not for the generosity of some customers you would make about of what you currently get paid there....for a 7 day, 80 hr. week I made $1074, $480 of that was from customer tips paid through the app...so excluding the tips, Skip actually only paid $594 for 80 hrs of my time and I still have to take gas and maintenance off that....
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, and you will mile out your vehicle very quickly....
For me, I think skip the dishes paid really fair to drivers. I worked for them for two weeks and I can get around 20-25 CAD each hour. It is a really good part-time job for students because it can let you to work with flexibility and make some quick cash for yourself. HOWEVER, if you see this as a Permanent Job/Full-time job, it may stress you out.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes unreasonable complains from customers, poor communication system with Courier Team
The schedule is flexible and you decide when you want to work. You will be matched to an offer to deliver the food to the customer with earnings and total distance to drive displayed on the offer screen. This will allow you to make a decision if you want to accept the offer. Most of the time their transit earning is underpaid but the courier driver takes all the tips. I found that dealing with skip representatives can be challenging as they want you to send email for all your queries which takes them a few days to respond.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High mileage on your car, Drive a lot
I spent more on gas money then actually saving it. Waiting for an order for more than an hour sometimes just to make a lousy couple dollars wasn't worth it.
Pros
Own hours, and I got to know the city more
Cons
Getting lost, not enough pay, and trying to find parking sucked.
I had to pay for a background check and bags when I was considering this company and then the same day i found out my insurance would be ridiculous and made the decision not to be a delivery driver. I immediately emailed and texted the company as they conveniently have no phone number to call and let them know i wasn't interested and wanted to be reimbursed for my bags. I was told no refunds so am now out that money---they are unscrupulous
I learned how to be pacient, the hardest part of the job was not knowing if you would get an order or not cause if u dont get an order match you don't get paid. The most enjoyable part was learning about more streets around where I live
Pros
knowing your way around the city
Cons
not always getting paid and heavy on gas
I started working for Skip in 2016, took a break and came back in 2020 and I have to say, the Skip system is way better. The biggest advances are in the courier software app updates. I also feel there are algorithms in place to ensure couriers make at least $20 per hour. For this reason, I accept all offers sent to me because it all evens out in the end of the day. A typical day entails driving to an area you may want to work in and wait to be linked to an offer. Once you are, the offer system kicks in and you will soon learn which area you will be working in. Some are better than others and that is just the way it is. When you are close to the end of your shift you will be asked to extend or sign out early. It is usually to sign out early if asked as there are most likely not orders. What I learned: 1. Best to accept all orders and be a team player. 2. When arriving at a restaurant, don't stress about waiting. This is a part of the job and it is better to have a good relationship with vendors as they are people too. 3. If you arrive at a restaurant and the wait is 15 minutes or longer, let dispatch know so they can assign a new driver and the restaurant wont get penalized. If you need to wait, you may want to let the customer know you are delayed but this means their food will be fresh off the grill. 4. Understand that online delivery is different than dine in. Dine in is limited by number of seats. Online is unlimited. I have been to places that have so many orders and some old lady is trying to figure things out. Having been a line cook back in the - more...