SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Pay & benefits reviews: Courier

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

waste of time

in my area not worth the time when i first began with them in a 4 hour shift could make over $100 now lucky if you make 50 - 60 dollars. not worth the time and effort working for them

Pros

work when you can

Cons

pay not worth it

Toxic business

They are very bad to work for. As I driver they were very poor is all ways. Wages were very low per delivery. You waste your time energy and your own money to work their.

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of

Poor business practise

They've hired too many drivers, the orders get spread too thin. You wont make enough to even cover gas unless you drive a small car. They try to incentivise you with courier exclusive deals like getting your taxes done at a lower cost at h&r block, and if you keep your acceptance rate at 80%+, you'll have a minimum order amount (usually around $5 or $6 per order.) But you'll be lucky to get 3 orders per shift!

Pros

Can log out anytime, no actual work "place"

Cons

Low order amounts, and not enough orders.

Really great job!

Flexible hours, you get to choose how many hours you’d like in a week. You get paid weekly which is also really nice and with their new update you can cash out any time you want. Some days are really slow but overall it’s a great job!

Pros

Flexible hours

Does not pay enough especially during difficult times such as during the pandemic

You can work a 4 hour shift and have over 80% acceptance rate and make only $20-40 dollars for your 3-4 hour shift. Very rarely nowadays, will you get $17-$20 per hour as they liked to advertise. Working there for over a year after my friend have given up on it. I can tell you its a downward slope in earnings and they will slow you down no matter how many shifts you pick up. They will favor the newcomers. Don't waste your time with this job unless you really need the freedom of time to work as I did. However, I regret not pursuing alternative options.

Flexible hours and ability to choose your availability

Flexible work schedule, good part time job but full time would be a stretch. The app works well but I think they might have underestimated the need for customer service. Overall a pretty good part time income.

Pros

flexible work schedule

Cons

you do have to put in a lot of hours to earn substantial income

If you like driving around and want to make a couple bucks, go for it.

Skip the Dishes lets you pick up whatever shifts are available, so the hours are flexible, but the pay is totally inconsistent. You aren't paid hourly, and none of your costs are compensated for. You can be payed as little as $3 for a delivery, but it's up to you whether you want to take it. My personal highest priced order was around $24, but don't expect much more than $6-$8 on a regular basis. Also, the company is only technically telling the truth when they say that 100% of your tip goes to the driver. If the driver has accepted at least 8 out of the last 10 orders, the company will often top them up to around $6.50 regardless of tip amount. A driver with a high acceptance rate will therefore often make the same amount of money whether a customer tips $0 or $3, it's just a matter of whether the conpany pays the difference or if you do. This job feels pretty demoralizing if you are doing it full time. Tl:Dr the pay is awful.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Terrible pay, no benefits, vehicle wear and tear

Poor Communication

The gig itself is not bad. Pay is terrible considering you have to use your own vehicle and pay all expenses. They require you to have insurance in your vehicle which is understandable. What they don't tell you is that in Ontario no insurance companies cover food delivery unless you apply for facility. This insurance can cost $10-25k per year.

Its not a job to pay your bill

not a fixed income ....so many ppl in a small area.Not recommended for the ppl who are looking to get their bills paid out of it. The only which I can see is the flex hours

Pros

flex hours

Cons

lot of them

You get what you put in

You can make a living at this if you put your time and energy into it. I work seven days a week and get around 6 to 7 hundred a week. That’s not including fuel so take 100$ off and you’re still doing good. Even in times like this you can still make a good living.

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

Courier positions
See more jobs

Easy and convenient

Easy job and pay is fair. Only thing is sometimes it isn't too busy so you never know how much you are going to make. There are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or work around your current schedule.

A flexible job where you can start working at home.

You don't have to go to work. You can start right away from home. But if there are too many people working as deliverymen, your shift will be reduced. Because you have to distribute fairly, you can often earn only $50 a week. I recommend doing this as an extra job. I really don't recommend it as a main job.

One of biggest MNC in winnipeg

It is very good company. I would like to work as a courier specialist in the company if i will get opportunity in future . Currently I'm working As a courier because of job flexibility. It is the easiest way to earn Money in your free time.

good

good experience and fast money sometime it gets slow but even the slowest day you get to earn enough. the best thing about that is the flexible schedule.

Don't waste your time

At one time it was a good place to make extra money but now there are way too many people doing it and they make you take 0$ tip orders or you wont get any orders. But fun fact you won't get any orders regardless. You'll make 20$ in 4 hours if you're lucky. Don't waste your gas or your time. Management is also a joke.

Poor Pay

Not worth the money. They send you to other nearby cities and dont pay you extra mileage. Also it is next to impossible to get help from the office when you run into a pickup or delivery issue. The delivery instructions are not always clear

flexible workplace and most work/life balanced job.

Easy to get the job and anyone can do as a part-time or side job. flexible workplace and most work/life balanced job. No fixed salary and it depends on work.

Very fun and relaxed work

Super easy to get the job and a good way to make money on short notice when you can, I have been able to work here frequently even though I have a very busy schedule.

Gas & Car Maintenance Not Covered

I work with SkipTheDishes periodically. When I moved into my first apartment the extra income came in handy. Listening to music and being your own boss are bonuses when working a shift. Shifts are usually 3-6 hours long......However.....you cover your car's gas, maintenance, and one thing I can't stress enough is that income made here is not taxed. So MAKE SURE to claim it on your taxes so you aren't penalized next tax season.

Pros

Own Boss

Cons

No Gas Coverage, Car Maintenance Not Covered

Not worth the effort

Too slow. Not enough pay. Good for a few bucks. Would recommend for full-time employment. Only good to make a little extra on the side...………………...

Good job, you're your own boss

You are able to pick your hours and availability. If for any reason you can't make a shift you can cancel with no repercussions. Good pay, and not too long of hours needed to make money

2.9

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare SkipTheDishes with

• SkipTheDishes
  • Courier
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?