SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Courier

Schedule flexibility is the best part about this job, allows you to create your own schedule and be your own boss. Sometimes work fan be slow, depends.
If you're planning in doing skip I wouldn't suggest you doing it. It was fun before the pandemic but right now alot of people joined skip and skip should be fair about it. Sometime you'll get a schedule but without any order at all and it looks like the value overflows more than the actual people that have shifts. They logged me out of my account and says max courier and I have a regular shift which is bs. Would not recommend at all.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough orders and too stressful
in my area not worth the time when i first began with them in a 4 hour shift could make over $100 now lucky if you make 50 - 60 dollars. not worth the time and effort working for them
Pros
work when you can
Cons
pay not worth it
Flexible hours, you get to choose how many hours you’d like in a week. You get paid weekly which is also really nice and with their new update you can cash out any time you want. Some days are really slow but overall it’s a great job!
Pros
Flexible hours
If your car burns more than 8L/100 km in the city you won’t turn a profit unless you have free fuel.The system and app are very glitchy.The helpful support staff aren’t helpful or supportive.The customers will complain about things beyond your control, instead of to the person who made the mistake.Some days you will make $100, others you’ll struggle to break 50.Restaurants will abuse you and there’s no recourse.Even if you’re perfect, some weeks you’ll get just one shift.
Pros
Easy money, just be polite, drive carefully and smile.
Cons
Most of the time you won’t even make even minimum wage, and that’s BEFORE your expenses. Staff will blame you for a resturant’s mistake, or “the algorythm” if they don’t want to deal with you, The app has serious issues with desyncronizing
Accepting an order via the courier app, ,driving to restaurant, picking up order and delivering food to whoever ordered it. They advise to always have cash available but have never had to give change to this day (all processed online). Have never had any problems, most challenging part is at night finding certain homes in the dark. Any time there are any questions about the order the staff are always available to chat and answer any questions and they are always friendly, professional and caring.
Pros
Discounts with H&R Block and Mr. Lube, offer $25.00 to refer a friend
Cons
I can't think of any
You can work a 4 hour shift and have over 80% acceptance rate and make only $20-40 dollars for your 3-4 hour shift. Very rarely nowadays, will you get $17-$20 per hour as they liked to advertise. Working there for over a year after my friend have given up on it. I can tell you its a downward slope in earnings and they will slow you down no matter how many shifts you pick up. They will favor the newcomers. Don't waste your time with this job unless you really need the freedom of time to work as I did. However, I regret not pursuing alternative options.
Flexible work schedule, good part time job but full time would be a stretch. The app works well but I think they might have underestimated the need for customer service. Overall a pretty good part time income.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
you do have to put in a lot of hours to earn substantial income
Skip the Dishes lets you pick up whatever shifts are available, so the hours are flexible, but the pay is totally inconsistent. You aren't paid hourly, and none of your costs are compensated for. You can be payed as little as $3 for a delivery, but it's up to you whether you want to take it. My personal highest priced order was around $24, but don't expect much more than $6-$8 on a regular basis. Also, the company is only technically telling the truth when they say that 100% of your tip goes to the driver. If the driver has accepted at least 8 out of the last 10 orders, the company will often top them up to around $6.50 regardless of tip amount. A driver with a high acceptance rate will therefore often make the same amount of money whether a customer tips $0 or $3, it's just a matter of whether the conpany pays the difference or if you do. This job feels pretty demoralizing if you are doing it full time. Tl:Dr the pay is awful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible pay, no benefits, vehicle wear and tear
Love the independence, work as little or as much as you want. There are some minor irritations like wait times at restaurants, however, overall pretty great!
Pros
independence
Cons
wear and tear on vehicle
The gig itself is not bad. Pay is terrible considering you have to use your own vehicle and pay all expenses. They require you to have insurance in your vehicle which is understandable. What they don't tell you is that in Ontario no insurance companies cover food delivery unless you apply for facility. This insurance can cost $10-25k per year.
You are basically self-employed and only work based on your availability. You set your availability once a week before Wednesday night and you can also pick up open shifts.
Skip the dishes is a great company to work with. it helps to boost the confidence of individuals. the good thing is working with a company that you can have work of your choice, flexible working hours, a comfortable place to work.
The Work is completely random. Some days you will be busy while others you will have no work coming to you, yet you could be outside some busy stores and see other Skip drivers come and go repeatedly. They need to work on how the app gives drivers an equal opportunity.
Working at Skip allows an individual to choose their hours and pick up shifts when there are available shifts. Working through the app is very easy and was an overall good experience.
not a fixed income ....so many ppl in a small area.Not recommended for the ppl who are looking to get their bills paid out of it. The only which I can see is the flex hours
Pros
flex hours
Cons
lot of them
Awful company. Irresponsible, and they also discriminate. They love to blame the "system", when the whole process is rigged. One day they say you are paid by distance and time, the next day they say time. The have no e specific information and will rip the drivers off when they can. There are also
Pros
Cons
they discriminate, they rip couriers off, there is no equality, they rig the system, they are rude, they are unprofessional
You can make a living at this if you put your time and energy into it. I work seven days a week and get around 6 to 7 hundred a week. That’s not including fuel so take 100$ off and you’re still doing good. Even in times like this you can still make a good living.
I had great experience with skip the dishes. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We can earn enough to live and will progress in future. I recommend some of my friends.
Easy job and pay is fair. Only thing is sometimes it isn't too busy so you never know how much you are going to make. There are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or work around your current schedule.
You don't have to go to work. You can start right away from home. But if there are too many people working as deliverymen, your shift will be reduced. Because you have to distribute fairly, you can often earn only $50 a week. I recommend doing this as an extra job. I really don't recommend it as a main job.