SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews for Courier

Courier224 reviews
Canada224 reviews

Choose your own hours. Pay not guaranteed.

This is a great gig if you only need part-time work and are not relying on it for money. Given the rising cost of fuel, the company should be providing an hourly wage to the drivers. I personally enjoyed making deliveries on my own schedule, as I do love to drive. There are two things the company needs to improve:1. Better communication between courier support and driver while on shift. Canned answers do not help the drivers at all. Also, Support needs to use common sense more often.2. Give the drivers the ability to choose which customer to deliver to when doing multiple deliveries in one run. Other than that it is an easy job with lots of flexibility with how much one works.

Horrible and unhelpful business practices.

First month was good, making more then $100 for 4 hours of work most nights. Now sometimes barely making more then $40 and around $60 for 8 hours. Skip doesn’t cover you for anything, their help line is useless to talk to any management you have to set a appointment weeks in advance. They also leave it to the customers to pay us, so if they don’t tip you’ll make a measly $5.54 after waiting an hour for a order. Multiple nights where I’ve only made $26 for 4 hours.

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Freedom but insecure and very low pay ( without tip )

It is good for someone want a little extra money and don’t mind covering your own cost of car maintenance. Nowadays, the company seems having too many drivers so they push us to the hard condition that we don’ like ie. Accepting unfair paid order. Without customer decent tip, the company pays averagely even lower than the minimum wage ( remember! You have to pay for your own car, gas, insurance, maintenance and repair)

Pros

some little extra income and can choose own working time if there’s availability

Cons

Very low pay, no bonus no benefit no paid holidays no advancement

Flexibility can’t be beat

The best part about delivering for Skip the Dishes was the flexibility which was invaluable as someone who has young children and needed to work around my spouse’s hours.

Super easy, but needing to pay for your own gas is becoming too much

The job is incredibly easy and flexible, it's just getting too hard to get any money out of it. For a side job it's great, but doing it full time just isn't worth it anymore, car maintenance and gas are just too expensive.

The compensation is too low

The compensation doesn't cover the expenses. We've been increased of the fuel they never made it any kind of increase in the income. And most of the customers don't give you enough tip.

Awful support, worse pay, horrible hours, terrible call flow

Support takes forever to respond, resturaunt staff treat you like garbage even if you aren't doing anything to earn the hate, and some customers can be great, however the majority tend to be quite nasty with you because even though they placed the order hours ago, you just got the order delivery request 20 minutes ago

Pros

Cons

Boring. Very few calls. Low profit.

Not even close to a living wage

If it's very busy .non stop you might make enough to fill your gas tank. Lately it's not been busy. Avoid unless it's just a side gig for extra dough. Very easy and set your own hours be your own boss. .Won't make enough to maintain a vehicle.

Does not pay enough

They pay per order but after gas alone with their orders being slow at times you end up maybe making $10.00/h and if the customer does not tip your lucky to get $6.50/ order and if you have to wait you might only get 2 orders in that hour with the waiting at the restaurants it is not worth it.

Work your own pace

Being able to work on your schedule is absolutely perfect depending on your downtime either working here part time or as your only job. Don't expect to be raking in thousands a month but decent pay for what you do.

Pros

Can work as many hours as you'd like.

Cons

Not a viable option to survive on alone.

Casual and freedom to make own schedule

The app is a bit glitchy and new home developments are often not on Google maps so it can be time consuming making certain deliveries. Also, the help line is slow and often sends back form letters so it is very impersonal

Great side gig or starter job!

Excellent for anyone who is in high school with a driver’s license! Freedom to work wherever you want! The only thing I can think of is the pay for orders sometimes. It’s a bit questionable because I’d get paid the minimum for a huge order for a customer who lives all the way on the other side of town! Not worth the gas money sometimes…But don’t let that get into your head. I recommend working for Skip 9/10!

Pros

Extreme flexibility with hours!

Cons

Questionable pay with orders.

Okay and just that. Have a electric car.

Meh. It’s good for a bit. But that’s it. If you can do it on the side & have another source of income. If not. You better have a electric vehicle! Gas is too high in 2022. This job is not worth it.

Gotta put in the work

A flexible way of making money. But gotta put in the work and drive long hours to make decent money. Better if you deliver with a gas-efficient car.

Ok place to work good work life balance

Done skip for the last 4 years or so it has been exactly what I neededNo boss pick your own hours and on average 20 bucks a hour minus expenses If done correctly great gig

Have to love driving!

Good communication with the Skip people no matter the hour.Needed a different vehicle.You are an independent courier.Need to accept 80% of deliveries offered.GPS is 95% correct. So you will need to double check the directions.I enjoyed the driving. Make sure you deliver to the person who ordered the food and not the building. Customers are happy if you admit you are lost and ask them for directions before the food is too cold.

Pros

Driving, friendly customers

Cons

Long hours, driving, getting lost, snow on the back streets!

Does not pay and ban you

Hi so I’ve taken this on as side gig to help pay for bills. Some of the customers ask to leave at the door. They then report they didn’t receive the order. We’ll skip banned me without any reason to talk to me about it anything also did not pay me at all. This is the worst company ever. There is no contact only thru email. I’m out 300 dollars and got banned for no reason when I followed instructions

Pick your own hours / schedule

Flexible. A typical day at work averages about to two deliveries in an hour. Sometimes you get back to back orders, an other times there are no orders for a bit. On average it's about $10 per delivery. Some orders you make $7 per delivery, while others you can make $15 per delivery. At the end of day if you complete 12 orders, you will probably make around $120 +/- .

Not worth it at all anymore

I've had a 100% acceptance rate. And the top up promotion is only 6$ it should increase to at least 7.50$ or 8$ with these gas prizes. Your basically just paying for gas after taxes. Skip has increased the delivery fee for people ordering so they tip less now. And skip just pockets the extra delivery fees.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

pay

good work with less hour if lookin for// pick and choose which delivery to do to fit plan/ expect to wait some orders// workin in area of easier than go across map

Pros

own

Nice to be out and about

Keeps the wold from the door, I find if I'm delivering food,I'm not spending too much time in the coffee shop.Skip can be a great way to network, often a one finds oneself delivering to businesses as well as residential. One word of caution, be prepared for pickup trucks to tail gate and hit yhe gas hard when you pull into a driveway. Sometimes you will get hooked at for delaying a truck driver while you deliver someone's lunch.Apart from that it's a liberating way to make a living.

Pros

See above

Cons

Sometimes the network has glitches, ie: gps won't pin you to the customer address to release an order

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement