SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Work-life balance

Too much stress

The job is very stressful and demanding... management needs serious training because every other team lead have their own rules.. my first team lead was awesome but later my team got changed and the new team lead was full of attitude and arrogance. Work is demanding that one cannot look around until break..

Job stability is not an option here.

They will extract the best in you. Once done, you will be just a number that will be phased out soon. High turnover of people. Very limited structure. Senior management is above their heads. Do not risk your career in this organization.

Pros

casual clothing

Cons

a lot.

Productive and fun

Working at skip has helped me grow professionally, they value their employee and does not fire agent. Company is free and fair, management is great but as people make organization, you can still find bad seed.

Pros

Relax and great benefit. 50 to 150 skip credit monthly for free lunch

Working in Skip Coporate office is the toughest place

You will only be able to survive if you know politics. Always be a pet of higher Management and expect you pay increment by 10 cents per year, no matter how big you title is. No proper structure, i think they only hire people once they have no more relative or known left to hire.

Worst company I've ever worked for

The management is terrible and HR does nothing for it's employees. When I worked there I did the job of three people and was replaced by three different people when I left.

Fun work place

There are some really good people and they should be promoted but it's about favoritism and the numbers health plays second to the bottom line nothing more

Pros

Good conversation with some gems

Cons

Favouritism

Great platform to improve your communication skills.

Team members and the team lead, all are supportive and help you achieve the target. They provide a good platform for people who are new to customer service industry.

Potential prejudism within skip

I've worked with skip for about 3-4 years now. When I started off it was good but I stopped because I was getting orders taken away mid order, noticed alot of Sikh drivers collecting orders while I'm sitting in hotspots for more than an hour. My rating with skip isn't bad, I took orders and completed my shifts.I feel alot of East Indians infiltrated the order department and handout orders to their East Indian buddies instead of being fair about it.If boycott skip and go else where. Racism/prejudism is real with skip the dishes.

Pros

Non

Cons

Racist/prejudice

It's a job just mentally check out.

Typical day is dealing with people who'll have missing items, wrong items, not have a delivery yet or hasn't been delivered at all.You'll have to deal with someone who is either pleasant, rude, angry/frustrated, or just done with everything.The position pretty much comes with limited support where you have to contact support side and see what happened to the food, the courier, or the resturant if it hasn't left. Most of the time the customer is annoyed cause at the end of the chat, you are 99% likely to just refund the customer and they'll not get the food that's missing or the order hasn't arrived. You do assist them with adding or removing items which means calling to take payments.Mentally speaking, it's best to leave it at home cause the policies won't change to assist the customer more but depending on the person they'll either sink or swim in this job cause, as a callcenter, it's mentally draining. Your KPI/stats matter more than anything.The people are great when you know people and the pay is amazing but the culture sucks.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Been undervalued as an Employee , exploited as an international

Your input is not appreciated and Team Leads seem to be obnoxious that makes a depressing environment . I have worked as an operation specialist and you are not appreciated for your hard work . -The opportunity for growth is pretty low . -If you are hired on contract than you can be dismissed with no benefits or your medical and other benefits are not covered . -The pay is petty for the amount of work . All it's competitor's pay better . -It exploits international students P.S It's a nightmare if you are an international student . The executives are mostly Caucasians and the management is not inclusive on it's hiring practices . The management iand executive positions are occupied by Caucasians .

Pros

Breaks and vocational pay

Cons

Bad culture

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

in Winnipeg, MB
See more jobs

Read it ! Thank me later .

If you are working in departments such as operation specialist etc . I would urge you to not join this company unless it's the only option you got and especially if you get hired on contract position. - The culture is toxic and TL's can be rude and treat yo disrespectfully and they have a sense of arrogance and no leadership qualities . (Example I have seen a girl person crying and others head down in the break room ) - At contracts , you won't get any medical benefits / Dentist etc - The higher management does not promote inclusivity . The operations consist of international students who are exploited foe their situation . - Having worked in tougher jobs but there has always senses a sense of family and having each other back . The communication between work mates is highly discourages . And TLs can open up your private chat messages to your friends . - The pay is not competeitive . It pays a lot of money on it's marketing yet pays it's employees like cans of tuna .

Pros

No Pros, if you have no job it's good

Cons

SkipTheDishes is fun to work with

SkipTheDishes is fun place to work in if you get regular shift on your schedule time and date. You decide what you want to do with your time. I have been with SkipTheDishes for over a year now and really do not have much to complain about them, except that my availabilty usually don't fall on the schedule they have. But I don't expect them to favour me and displease the rest.

Cons

most times shifts don’t fall on my availabilty.

Fun place to work, horrible management.

Management is a joke. Completely disorganized and constantly making poor decisions that negatively impact the team. Senior management doesn't care about employees.

Pros

Co-workers are great, casual dress

Cons

Management, salary, company doesn't care about it's employees

Fun Young Workforce, Monotonous Job

Like any big company, there is a robotic feel to the live operations work after a few months; they used to have fun cross training opportunities and a better managed workforce when they were just Skip; the good old control team controlled operations but later dissipated as algorithms created new roles and made a whole team non existence - it just shows you how progressive skip is as a company, provides full equipment for your work and sponsors immigration requests - easiest place to get along with and work by far for locals and immigrants!

Pros

Free equipment during tenure, growth opportunities

Cons

monotonous, bureaucracy

Not even making minimum and people working in office give good and big tip orders to their friends

It’s really hard to make even minimum when u get order after 1 hour and that’s 16 km total $7 used to be $3.25 But now they are eating drivers tips and showing off they are paying $7 for every delivery if acceptance rate is more than 80 % otherwise u r back to old system $3.25 per delivery, waste of time and fuel and also seen drivers getting big tip orders from their friends in company !

Pros

Last option

Cons

Unlimited

Amazing experience

Warm and welcoming staff Amazing experience, my first job absolutely loved it. Would wanna take the job back any day Work environment and people, great !

Terrible work

Skip is making use of International students and putting them through stressful work. No job satisfaction, full of stress, unhappy customers. No job security.

Fun

I didn't get paid or anything as it was just work experience, but my over all experience was amazing. It is an amazing community with so many places around the world, and the fact that I got to work there was amazing.

Pros

Amazing Community, Full Time Hours, Amazing Job Opportunities

Chats

Hard to grow. Company asks too much and gives little. Good company for students. There are a lot of opportunities in the tech areas, but internal growth is very hard.

Pros

Free coffee and friend

Cons

Low pay and pressure

Very nice place to work

Good to work for your self and no boss. Select your shift and work on your time. No supervision that keeps on your solder all the time. Very well managed order assignment.

Respected, fast-paced

I am still working at SkipTheDishes as a customer care specialist in the customer care department. Actually I was hired on March 09, 2020, on a contract base, the contract is for 3 months. I have learned many things at this time. The environment at SkipTheDishes is fast-paced and respectful. Every team member, floor pro, and team lead treat each other and customers, restaurant partners, and couriers with full respect. I got more self-confidence through this working time.

2.9