SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

Waterloo, ON6 reviews

Not a career opportunity

They do not pay enough to justify the wear and tear on the vehicle. The only upside is the flexibility in the hours availble but even that is no longer true. It is an ok job to supplement a disability cheque but is not a career option by any stretch of the imagination.

own time based job

fast based work stressful need to deliver on time make your own schedule and lunch time work any days and any weekends work anytime of the day use your own car

Pros

own schedule

Cons

less earning

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

You don't make money

You may feel you make money, but in the end, if you don't get tips, you will lose all the money you "made" in gas and maintenance. Nit worth it at all.

Pros

You can choose your schedule

Cons

Unless you have an electric car, it is not worth it

Skip the Dishes!!

I am a courier as a part-time job (aside from a full time job), I work in Waterloo North district and really enjoy it! I make an average of $70 (within 4 hour shifts). It’s great as a side job, I did find the bags a bit expensive ($75), but I “paid them off” in my first shift, so wasn’t too bad in the end. People are always polite and friendly, the most I’ve had to wait for an order was 20 min (only once, the rest of the shifts they came in one after the next. Skip customer service has always been helpful and friendly. Can’t say I have encountered a bad experience yet!

Pros

Delivery orders, customer service, money (as a part time job).

Cons

Courier bag price.

Be prepared to be taken advantage of

I’ve been doing this job for a while now. It Used to be ok when there weren’t enough drivers as they gave bonuses to drive but those are gone now. The software they use to assign jobs is completely tasked with keeping cost ls down for the company at the drivers expense. This is due to the fact that driving fees are paid based on the total distance travelled. So they instruct you that if you want a job assigned to you (automatically by the system they claim), you need to be position in certain hotspots where the restaurants are. Then the job will have you pick up the food and drive to the customer wherever they happen to be located, which is typically on the outskirts of town( why would people pay you to deliver if the restaurant was close?). So then you’re way in the edge of town and guess what? No job will be assigned. You have to drive all the way back to the hotspots ( on your dime) to get another job. Also, they will take jobs away from you after you have driven to the restaurant and claim the jobs were “cancelled” meaning you are out the gas for that drive. You also have to be careful because sometime the drive fee will not be worth the distance you need to travel ...they flip those in every now and then. With gas prices increasing , this job is losing its allure and if the client doesn’t tip (which happens 50%) of the time, you may make enough for the gas. Uber Eats is here and they pay better so I’m thinking about jumping.

Pros

App is decent, flexible

Cons

Software is skewed to the company’s benefit, low wages that don’t cover expenses

Very flexible but terrible pay

The delivery job is great for students because you can choose to work whenever you want. Just set your availability to zero hours and then pick up shifts as they become available. You also only need 2 days notice to cancel a shift if something comes up. Unfortunately, the pay is really not good. Some days it'll be really slow and you'll sit in your car for an hour waiting for your next job. But what's worse is when you drive 15 minutes to the restaurant, and then another 15-20 to someone's house, and they DON'T TIP YOU. So you get like $6 or $7 for almost 40 minutes work, not including the gas you pay out of pocket. It sucks.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, no insurance for your car, no benefits

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement