SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Work-life balance

its not bad for part time job

if u have a car with more than 4 cylinders and more than 2 L,do not do skip the dishes,and minimum per hour is 18 bucks and max is 30 bucks its up to day and hour. but if u dont want to spend your time with bosses and get hard time from them i tell u to go do skip lol

Driver

There is no order inside the warehouse, no motivational behaviors, people are completely unprofessional as supervisors. I hope they get better management in the future

Nice

Skipthe dishes is a food delivery network for all.I love Skipthedishes and working for them is fun.I personally recommended 5 people to skip the dishes -food delivery giant as drivers and so far so far so good

Its nice

Its nice to work with Skipthedishes. They do not have any fee for connecting driver to the customer. Thats a huge relief. Most of the rival companies charge a huge amount as fee from the net pay.

Worst job, pls donot do this any more. If driver will stop doing this, they will understand the value for drivers for this company

I have doing the skip from monthy and my acceptance rate is always 80, disgusting . Today i had complete my 2four hour shifts and i just ear 60$ i drove about 80 km. They never want to return the money for cash order, if you call them for reimbursement and they will put you call on hold about 30-40mints and once agent picks up he will disconnect the call intensionally. If you want any other info call me at 41650

Gave a good direct interaction with customer experience

Excellent work place which helped me enhance myself by interacting with different customers and delivering food to them as a food courier. Had flexible options and timing to do it as a part time job while I was a student.

Fun and Independent Company to Work In

Amazing job for independent workers. Flexible hours where you can make your own schedule based on your own availability. Online support chat is available.

Pros

Conversing with customers

good company to work for. maintainence of car your expense.

you keep your tips. work holidays if you want to. full or part time. extra income. can work in different areas of the city to make up hours. can also extend your shift.

Pros

set your own schedule . can increase hours if you neef too

Cons

not much health care. parking and some times 407 etr is your problem.

Not a place to earn money.

I am working for this company for almost 8 months now. In beginning it was good. I used to nake minumum of 75 to 80 dollar a shift.vut now they have become a total rip off for drivers. Now I earn an average of 45 to 50 per 4 hour shift. Which is not worth the car value and the fuel. The customer care has oy one reply i.e. " its the system which decide èverything. Earlier I never got an order below 4 dollar. And now their minimum pay is 2.60 which is an insult to the driver. The people sometime dont tip at all so you earning for a 5 km ride is just 2.60. I would suggest look for a real job and stop wasting time and your car here.

Pros

Good initial money

Cons

Everything stated above.

Screw all these delivery companies

Uber, skip are the worst examples on how to treat your independent contractors(lifeline) because without them you have nothing. Shame on these greedy slugs for cutting pay more then half. Do not waste your time with either company, it's not worth it. The idea sounds nice but the pay is horrible and you're paying gas, maintenance and earning nothing. They should be shut down, everyone should quit both of them. Let them make thier automated vehicles which they have to maintain and put gas lol bankruptcy will be in the future for these guys. They deserve nothing more then how they treat thier drivers.

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Pay and Work

Very great on certain days and not great on certain days, for extra money and uncertain job good place to work if you also have a fuel-efficient car which is also reliable

Cons

long waits for orders

Started off better than it has been going.

Doing this for a year. The first year was pretty good, average of about $10 per delivery, before gas expense. Over a 4 hour shift I'd make between $50-$80 before gas. When I started SKIP offered bonuses for some shifts between $5-$10, but that was short lived. Also you couldn't end shift early without talking directly with management. Also, now you can decide not to take an order. So, after about 7-8 months my average went from $50-$80 for 4 hours to $35-$55 per 4 hours. Busy season was winter, I suppose because more drivers sign-on for the warmer months. I can't explain the decline in pay but I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe SKIP just favours newer drivers? Maybe drivers need to drive to pther parts of the city to stay relevant? Also I was forced to upgrade from 3g to 4g data or the tracking doesn't work. Unfortunately I will have to down-grade due to loss of income.

Pros

If you need some extra cash it's fine. Paid weekly, usually before Fiday. Easy if you like driving.

Cons

Don't become too dependent on SKIP, You are a number on a list and will likely be replaced by drones in the near future.

No support to speak of. Also: DO NOT BUY THE BAGS!!!!

Beside the bad pay as a driver you will also have to deal with a complete lack of support. As an example: I bought the recommended Skip bags, but they started to crumble after less than two months of use. I took very good care of my purchase. Never even folded them, but the plastic is just disintegrating on its own. I spent about two hours (in three instalments) on the phone to get through, and when I finally got to a living person, I was transferred again, but this time I gave up after about 30 minutes. I sent an email too with pictures of the defective bag but received no reply. Be aware. You will receive no help from Skip.

Working at your own time

Good job for when you want work and need the extra money. You work as your own boss and at the time is good you. Pay is okay but consistent with the orders.

Pros

Work at your own time

Cons

Slow ordering

water

you can make good money if your car drinks water like you . you won't get tip because there is already a delivery charge to customer …… ppl tip pizza driver as there is no delivery charges in most

Good money, sometimes support workers play games with couriers

Good company to work for, overall. My average hourly earnings are $23, after 500 trips. Average tip is $3.50. They do not require a background check to work for them, therefore people who've been in jail or prison can make a living with Skip. Aside from the support staff playing games with couriers sometimes, Skip is awesome!

Pros

Good pay in big cities

Cons

Support staff play games sometimes

Discriminatory behaviour towards courier who decline the order

It has been observed for the past 3 weeks that once you request to reassign the order you do not get any orders for the next 1 hour. I experimented on a trip where I had to pick food from a restaurant 9 Kms and go further 8 Kms today deliver. The pay was only $9. I just requested to reassign. I was in a busy area on a Saturday evening and was expecting another order soon. However, after waiting for 1 hour I checked out. This is ridiculous, as an independent contractor I can decline deliveries which are not worth and and I should not be penalized for that. Skip sucks.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Paltry pay, greedy company

Great

Great if you are currently looking for a job, meet lots of people, you get yelled at sometimes but its chill listen to music and make some money part-time, easy.

The Pay is now very low

When I started working eith Skip,( since about 10 months)it was rewarding and the pay was appropriatei.e.For a 31/2 hours I was raising between $ 60 - $90 which was compensating for the Gas,car consumption,Phone data ,my time and effort.Now I go the same amount of time for just $30-60 which is NOT WORTHY and does not compensate at all...I do not recommend it for any body...

Pros

Before it was rewarding

Cons

Now it is :Time, effort, Car, phone data, and gas consuming without appropriate return

Work like a slave but you are independent...contractor

Ruin your car, sit sometimes two hours in cold or hot waiting for an order, deal with bad traffic, idiotic dispatch and make $7 per hour after you pay fuel, sounds great !!! Worst job you can imagine.

own schedule

I like skipthedishes over dominos and pizza pizza. because we can choose our own schedule and also earn good money. Even we can enjoy our own music, where as in uber, you have to put music according to customers

2.9