SkipTheDishes logo
Happiness score is 62 out of 100Average

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Work-life balance

Delivery driver

hi its a good part time job but you need to have another part time or full time job with it to make it worth while. The nice thing was you put what hours you're available but can also pickup shifts too.

Great workplace with competitive benefits and salary

I worked for Skip for just over 3 months. The only reason I left my position was to pursue a different career path. Overall I was very happy with my experience. My managers were very supportive and there are great benefits/perks. Salary is very competitive.

Time management

The salary completely depends on you and the time flexibility is a significant pros for me. The customer service is a very supportive and you feel good as a member of the company.

A great place to make extra money

SkipTheDishes was an excellent experience for me to join the delivery driver job community and I really enjoyed it. It has helped me get a better in my customer service skills.

It's Fine

If you have a steady income and just want something to do on the side and happen to have a fuel-efficient car, SkipTheDishes is alright for a bit of extra spending money. Definitely not a primary source of income unless your car runs on air as you are not reimbursed for gas or car expenses!

Pros

flexible hours, work on your own, no coworkers/boss to report to

Cons

low pay, no reimbursement for gas/car, sometimes GPS navigation is shoddy

Fund but don’t make money

The job would be great if you Made enough money. However, half the time you only get 3.45 for a delivery that takes 30-45 mins. A large portion of people don’t tip, and the orders you collect for them are at very busy restaurants where it is hard to find parking and you have to wait in line. (Ie: McDonald’s) great concept but you spend more on gas most of the time and end up waiting in between deliveries.

Pros

Choose your schedule

Cons

Don’t make any money

great way for students to get out but dont expect much pay

Unless you're one of those drivers who sits outside the restaurant to earn that extra buck or two for waiting 7 minutes, don't expect to get much money. There are too many skip drivers for anyone to make any money anymore. Not worth working there unless you're a student and use your parents' car.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

low income

Good to work when you are free

Good to work when you are free and earn some extra cash, you have to book your schedule a head before. overall its a nice way to spend your free time. great experience!

Good

Good place to work and be your own boss and choose your ownt time to work in the week, when ever you are free you can book an extra shift and earn some cash.

Pros

Self supervisor

Fun and good workplace

Good workplace, you get to decide your own schedule, very flexible hours and you can pick up as much shifts as you want, if you need to leave early they're very understanding.

Pros

You're own schedule

Cons

May not get as much deliveries as some days

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

in Saskatoon, SK
See more jobs

Great job to do in your spare time

For me this job is perfect as it is flexible and I can work a few hours a day while my child is at school. This is not something you want to do to make a living, it is purely to earn extra cash if you have free time. If you love driving and getting paid for it then this is for you. You won't get rich. ;)

Pros

you are your own boss, flexible, set your own hours, I can wait in my home for delivery call

Cons

can be slow at times

Avoid even trying to work for them

It is not what they say it’s going to be, many people also believe you’re paid hourly or paid your fair share so they do not see the reason to tip. I wouldn’t trust eating what was delivered to me if it was from a skip courier. The operations team is in as much disarray as the company is. Job pay is very low, sporadic and usually end up spending a lot of your money earned on gas. (Or in some cases tickets as I’ve seen many people recieve parking tickets because they were in a rush with no viable parking for many blocks). Most customers are really friendly and nice but that’s the only positive thing and it has nothing to do with skip themselves.

Pros

Make your own schedule (ish)

Cons

Low pay, bad management, poor operators communication

Good position

Very flexible position, ideal for students or if you are looking for a second source of income. The salary could use a bit of an adjustment (increase).

Avoid - Don't work for the tips

They will send you a case get half the way there, and re assign it. The dispatchers play favourites, make them mad, don't get orders for hours. In Saskatoon, I have sat in my car infant of a popular Vietnam restaurant on 3rd ave, for 3 hours and watch 40-50 couriers enter and leave. Most people are horrible tippers, they would be a much better if they implemented a 10% min tip fee, will drive 15 km on car for $3.99 because the customer would not tip. If they implemented a mandatory tip, food would get there faster and on time and with a smile. Dispatch argue with you constantly

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

The company

Productive and fun work

I like this job very much beacause like to go to different places and I like to meet different people. It's my hobby to sell stuff .i am a class 1 driver.

Pros

Free lunch

2.9