SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Red Deer, AB

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips

Bad app

Always have issues with the app disconnecting and connection errors and orders that are not there. Or waiting for hours for order in the hot spots just to drive across town to try another spot....then get a order from where you just were it's very spotty.

Over saturated market

I’ve been doing skip for a year. Do this only for extra cash as you can’t make enough or get enough shifts to live off. They have too many drivers in the area and it is difficult to get shifts. Easy job, but definitely not a long term solution.

can schedule your own hours

Its a great flexible job where you can schedule anytime to work and can make upto $100 to $350 a week. But there is no guarantee how many shifts will be scheduled, you can get 5 to only 1 or 2 shifts a week. its not great as a main income source.

Too Many Drivers Make It Not Worthwhile

To be perfectly fair, Skip was great for a large portion of 2019. If you were willing to put in the hours, you could work and get deliveries. In the summertime I managed $900+ in one week, free and clear. Other weeks were typically $550 - $700. However, once November 2019 came they did a mass hiring drive and now there's too many drivers to make it viable for full time work. Oftentimes I go on a shift and wait in a so-called "hot spot" for 2+ hours with nary an order coming up on my phone... One of the most stressful parts of doing Skip is dealing with their chat so-called "Support". It's horrible. Whenever you have to talk to them they don't seem like they understand English very well, if at all. It can be quite enervating just trying to report that a customer has failed to appear at the door to collect their order. It must be said, though, that when it's busy it's good. You are in charge of what happens; whether you want to take an order or not is up to you. You can go on break for fuel/bathroom/lunch whenever you like. One of the pitfalls I find with doing Skip is dealing with the restaurants. It seems some restaurant owners/managers/what have you are rather hostile towards Skip and I've found on more that a few occasions that I am ranted at about Skip and how their management team is a nightmare to talk to, how they requested more time and that I'm early for the pickup, and so on. I've had the unfortunate experience of having to report a few of these people for unprofessional behaviour and consequently refusing to accept orders from there ever again. -

Relaxing Job place but terrible management and pay

The job itself is very relaxing if you have no issues during your shift if you do happen the have any issues the online support was not very helpful and often gave the same response over and over. Another thing that my recruiter did not mention to me was that you need commercial vehicle insurance otherwise any insurance ou have is rendered void when you get in an accident

I like it

It's perfect for stay at home moms and people who hate the public. It's the easiest job I've ever had and I enjoy it alot. You have to learn the balance of gas money and wear and tear on the vehicle and then the money that is the income. It's worth it. You get to pause your shifts accordingly and its doesn't affect your rating or job.

it’s a good environment and enthusiastic

it’s a great job for someone who likes to explore the city. What I like most about SkipTheDishes is that you’re your own boss and it’s up to you what time and how many hours you want work! More importantly you get exchange smile and kindness with complete strangers!

Not bad as part-time work

I've been working as a courier for about 3 months now as a second job. I can't imagine trying to do this full-time and trying to pay the bills, but it's good if you're just trying to pay down some bills, etc. My advice is for ppl who order from skip- 1. if its night- turn your light on! 2. Underwear is not appropriate attire to answer door- ever! 3. Put your unit # or apartment # so I don't have to call.4. Don't leave your big dog tied in front 5. If you are at a business- put that in the instructions and 6. Exhale your puff of marijuana joint BEFORE coming to door!

Flawed system, you will never make a decent income.

I have tried many different time slots for this company in Red Deer and have yet to make enough per hour to justify the wear and tear on my vehicle. My max was 17.00 per hour after gas but before calculating wear and tear and increased depreciation on my vehicle. The worst was $5.50 an hour pre gas and wear and tear. What made food delivery worthwhile before these apps was the amount you could make being way higher than most other part time jobs, these app based delivery companies have found the cure for that. The fatal flaws of this company and others like it are as follows: 1: They are tech companies run by accountants, as long as they are making their percentage the rest doesn’t matter. 2: You cannot do multiple deliveries so it’s drive to restaurant, wait, drive to customer, deliver, wait on next order, repeat, this takes a minimum of 15 minutes, more often 20+ minutes. Most delivery fees run from $3.50-$12.00, if you could do three twelve dollar deliveries an hour then the money would be tolerable but that is just not possible as those are few and far between. 3:All your income, as little as it is is taxed, it used to be when you were delivering for a food company most tips were cash, hence hideable from the taxman which increased your actual net, with everything including tip being paid online this is no longer the case. 4: Any delivery under eight dollars actually costs you money based on fuel, wear and tear, depreciation and losing a more profitable delivery fare as most deliveries take within ten minutes of any other delivery. To conclude, in Red Deer at -

Pros

They pay weekly

Cons

Pathetic remuneration

Don't do it

The only way to get a decent income with this is working non stop even then no guarantee that you will get any orders. They don't care about their drivers, so you're on your own if something happens. They write it down in you file that's it...... Yea that's really going to help. I've had to wait over 45 minutes on hold to talk to the courier service people to talk to them about an order meanwhile the food is getting cold and disgusting. I was also messaging them through their app. It's not worth wasting your gas to be in a ”hotspot” so you can maybe get one order your entire shift. A load of Bull as far as I am concerned I will never work for them again and I'll tell everyone not to. I've also been told issues with them from the restaurants. Not worth it

Cons

No pay, waste of money, don't care

Too many drivers

They have over stocked drivers in red deer. Don't even bother applying. This is an ad that needs to come down cause they are screwing over all the good drivers. You don't make any money because people do not tip well. They minimum tip amount is too low. They need to up delivery fees if people want there food. Otherwise the order will keep getting passed around from driver to driver. Who's gonna drove from Vanier to Johnstone to gas alley for 3.50?? You get maybe 1 order every hour and a half. Too many drivers. Low delivery fees. Waste of time. Not a good job. And I've done the delivery life for 12 years,

Cons

Low delivery fee for long distance, too many drivers, bad management, very few orders on the supposed busy night like saturday, Screwed over all good drivers by over populating drivers.

Flexible and Fun - Good for Part Time Work

Still a growing company with some growing pains, but VERY flexible and enjoyable to work for. Set a daily budget for yourself and you will succeed. MAKE SURE TO OPERATE LIKE A BUSINESS.

Could have better customer service from HQ

Its great working by yourself but their managing skills and terrible complaint handling methods are awful. These guys encourage the worst customer service experience ever. As a driver and a customer I am very unimpressed

2.9