SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Does not pay well

Not paid enough when doing a long distance order. The minimum $6 offered is ok for short food delivery ordered but they seem to neglect orders that are for example 17 km driving distance and only pay $9.80 ....so there system is not fair! More gas and time is required to deliver this order so it should be compensated in an equal term...I would say a 17 km order should be paid a minimum of $17 not $9.80!!! Also does not offered enough hours for someone who wants to work full time !! For example I schedules myself for at least 12 hours a day for 7 days and when they give me my schedule they only book me for 17 to 20 hours a week!!!

Pros

You pretty well can select your own hours

Cons

Does not pay well on long distance orders

Busy and hectic but like it

It is fun to deal with different customers and their requirements. We do face challenges but we learn with it. It is streefull to keep up the time and driving conditions especially during winters.

Overall Good

It is a great part time income. You can pay your bills, grocery expenses and many other expenses working part time. working part time 25 hours a week you can make something around 280 to 320 after gas.

Pros

Work your own schedules.

Cons

Support Service on Shift are not fully trained.

Good comapny

if you want make more money you have to drive a lot of hours sometimes in Mississauga or Brampton but the trip in not very high but it not bad to get experience

part time job

Part time job to earn money to cover any upcoming extra expenses e.g. gas and car maintenance, getting know the city and roads better. There is no flexibility to choose your shifts or even your time to deliver. Skip the dishes system provide you with some shifts and you are free to choose or not

Pros

delivery fees as OK

Cons

driving long distances

Bad support service. It's just not worth it

1. Very expensive to start it. You have to spend $75 to buy the bags that meet the requirements. If you have your own bag, they will turn you down for any reasons! BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SALE THEIR BAGS SO YOU OWN THEM SOME MONEY ALREADY. 2. Very bad support team the lines are always very busy and you just wait forever and it will hang you up. even when someone pick it up, they are very rude and doesn't help you at all. I lost my bag on the first day, but instead of giving me suggestions, they froze my account immediately. So basically I can't do anything unless I purchase a NEW BAG, which means I have to spend another $75 to meet their "standards". So, DO EVER LOSE YOUR BAG, otherwise you just lose money and asking for trouble. 3. Very less pay, lower than minimum wage. If you work for one shift, you are likely to get 5-6 orders. If you do the math, you will find that you earn from 12-13/hr, which is lower than the min, and you have to spend money on gas, and it doesn't look good on your mileage either. So you are really rely on tips, but some people they just don't tip! I got 2 out of 5 didn't tip, every high percentage. 4. Time is not flexible They say is flexible, and you are your own boss that kind of thing. But the truth is not like that AT ALL! You have to pick your time slot before you start, and it's 3 hours minimum for each shift! What is that?! I thought people would do it because they want to do it whenever they want! YOU HAVE TO PICK THE SCHEDULE AND CHECK IT ON TIME. which means when you have some emergency to deal with, you have to call -

Pros

nothing

Cons

expensive to start, rude support team, not flexible, little pay

You will make more money begging on the street...

Just forget this slave job , don't waste your time , your car and your nerves. If you have an electric car maybe you'll make $10/hr. Don't expect any support when delivering orders, you're on your own!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

They have a mnaual system

When you be far away from the centre they tell you go to center to get jobs and when you arrive centre they say there is not job .. the dispatchers have drivers as friends so they send all jobs for them you can see it when you go to restaurant and wait jobs and see another driver come and take the order while you are wait an order for 30 min .. its really bad ..

Avoid it once you find another job

The reason I'm writing this review is because i want people and government to know that skip the dishes is a very bad company to work for: 1-The dispatchers are very rude and they descrimenate drivers. 2- they steal your tips. 3- very low pay under the minimum wage except in the weekend. 4- the dispatch always let the drivers down.

Pros

Good choice until you find other job

Cons

Dispatch- low pay - unfair - descrimination

Worst Dispatcher... So rude.

When you are on job the least thing you want your dispatcher to being an as. If you say no to a job because it's a less pay. He gives you sht on that plus stop giving you new orders. I hate the system where we have to coordinate with dispatcher. It should be simple delivery from pick up to drop off. No middle man like dispatcher. Plus they should increase the job pay like Uber Eats Because the gas prices are rising day by day in Ontario they need to understand that.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Less pay

Jobs at SkipTheDishes

in Mississauga, ON
See more jobs

Less than minimum

As a courier working 32 hours on top of my full time job I make 10/hr on average with skip the dishes. Taking the gas and the oil change out this will easily come down to 9 something it's good if you are lonely and have no friends and family but not worth it at all if you have a life. There are other food delivery services that encourage the buyer to tip and pay more to their couriers than skip the dishes.

Pros

You pick your own schedule if it's available

Cons

Long shifts less than minimum hourly

Great side job

I have been working for Skipthedishes for over 4 months now and have no complaints, great company to work for, very understanding and always helpful while on shift. Great job full time or part time, you make your own availability and work the shifts you want. The pay could always be better, but its a courier service it is what it is. The tips are pretty good, yes some people don't tip but that happens everywhere. You take the good with the bad.

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

The pay

2.9