SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in London, ON

Good as a side gig, but know your costs

I have driven for a couple of the couriers and I believe that Skip is the best in Canada from a driver's perspective. HOWEVER, as you are technically self-employed, you have to take all costs into account, including things like "wear and tear" which seems like something you can account for, however, if your transmission drops out of your car and you need to do a $4000 repair, an entire year of driving could be unprofitable. The company is good, the support is good, and I actually think the company has a great "product" and it will continue to do well, just be aware that you're not really an employee, and all expenses and risks are yours to assume.

Pros

You get to set your own hours, be your own boss, listen to tunes in the car, etc

Cons

Your car is slowly being consumed by the KMs

Fun and invigorating job

Flexible hours, paid my rent and also had spending money to boot!! Love to book the times of to see my granddaughter. And book extras hours before her visit for extra spending 💸

Pros

Fast cash, Part time or full, my choice😁

Cons

Can't think of any

Awful

Awful company. Irresponsible, and they also discriminate. They love to blame the "system", when the whole process is rigged. One day they say you are paid by distance and time, the next day they say time. The have no e specific information and will rip the drivers off when they can. There are also

Pros

Cons

they discriminate, they rip couriers off, there is no equality, they rig the system, they are rude, they are unprofessional

Productive and fun

Skip the dishes is good for the younger generation to make extra cash by not working to much but still make a living and its good to have on a resume.

Not enough orders and poor management

They are hiring a lot of drivers in the area and there are not enough orders. The worst thing about SkipTheDishes is their support team. They never helped me and never take their job seriously. I have taken screenshots of some funny conversations with them. Totally ridiculous. I could give them 0 stars if there’s a option

Starts off strong. Cant believe the money

When i started there yu cud always get an open shift,but not anymore. Havent seen one in months. Now im hardly scheduled at all and i have the highest ratings from customers and the highest order acceptance rate but i have to fight to get shifts! I give them 77 hrs of availability and they give me 16-20 hrs of work. I suspect racism is the reason...

Easy work

Vehicle is required , work load is not consistent summer work load is very poor highly earning job in winter. Contract job (Tips are awesome), should do for extra income

can be good but also not

the management need to focus on there app some food get put into limbo because delivery drives dont want to take the order. the reliability system should be based on how good you are as a driver and not if you can make you shift, drivers who constantly dont exept no tip orders should not be allowed to drive. other then that its a decent job and you get to do what you want.

If you want to be successful with skip!

Driven with skip for 2 weeks, average 20$/hour with tips and minus car costs. Here's a list to be successful with skip. 1. English is essential 2. Own a reliable low fuel cost vehicle. 3. Have a positive attitude. Great charisma goes a long way. 4. Familiarize yourself with where your delivering, side streets, traffic, locations of restaurants and streets will really help you save time if you don't have to keep looking at GPS or cursing while you are stuck in traffic or by a train. 5. Sometimes finding parking can be difficult, sometimes walking the rest of the way to the location is faster than finding a close spot. 6. It is okay to wait somewhere between orders. Find a quiet spot with good signal and reliable data TURN OFF YOUR CAR, relax and watch videos or play games on your phone while you wait. The app is pretty reliable and works regardless of what your doing. 7. Different days, different results. Obviously people are ordering more food on the weekends, but be knowledgeable of special events happening. It can cause a lot more traffic. 8. Don't be afraid to ask the customer or restaurant for help. Sometimes they enter their information incorrectly or do not put enough information to find the place. Be patient, and be friendly and they will do their best to help you. 9. Get to know the app before you begin. The tutorial is there for a reason. 10. Most important of all, be a GOOD SAFE DRIVER. Now for my personal perspective of the job. I live in London Ontario (just shy of 400 thousand people) traffic is pretty good throughout the city most of the time -

Pros

Flexible hours - potential for good wage - very easy to use

Cons

Car maintenance and mileage

Worst company to work for

Waste of time and gas money, you will barely earn anything back once you use your own money to pay for gas, the shifts are horrible to work and cash orders are a nightmare, all the ghetto areas in town order with cash order, you drive 15 minutes just to make a measly $3.00.. get rid of cash orders and your system might be good until then I will deliver for Uber Eats. I also got so many complaints from restaurants that skipthedishes customer service is very rude!

Pros

Cons

everything

Jobs at SkipTheDishes