SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

It's an ok job. You get to drive around, listen to music, pick up and drop off orders. Not too much stress. Problems would be that IF you have an issue with something and contact Skip via email, you won't get much help. They reply with automated responses basically. Sometimes I think there's a language barrier and they don't even understand your question and give you a wacky answer that's no help. They're pretty helpful on the job though, through Chat if its to do with an order. Money wise, it has to be super busy to make money. Weekdays, I barely make $50 in a 4 hour shift. Consider the gas you just used and you've made a whopping $10/hr. You have to decide what it's worth to you. On a busy weekend, it improves a bit. The good thing about it is you can work as little as you want. Getting shifts though and replying on how busy it is to make money the money you need..that's the tricky part. If you need a quick $40 for something that week, this is your job. But you can't really rely on it to pay big bills or rent. Also, remember you're an independent contractor so don't expect any kind of benefits, help with a car accident, or to use them as a reference.
Pros
Drive, listen to music, drop shifts when you need to.
Cons
Not enough shifts, not busy enough, uses a lot of gas.
If your car burns more than 8L/100 km in the city you won’t turn a profit unless you have free fuel.The system and app are very glitchy.The helpful support staff aren’t helpful or supportive.The customers will complain about things beyond your control, instead of to the person who made the mistake.Some days you will make $100, others you’ll struggle to break 50.Restaurants will abuse you and there’s no recourse.Even if you’re perfect, some weeks you’ll get just one shift.
Pros
Easy money, just be polite, drive carefully and smile.
Cons
Most of the time you won’t even make even minimum wage, and that’s BEFORE your expenses. Staff will blame you for a resturant’s mistake, or “the algorythm” if they don’t want to deal with you, The app has serious issues with desyncronizing
You can work a 4 hour shift and have over 80% acceptance rate and make only $20-40 dollars for your 3-4 hour shift. Very rarely nowadays, will you get $17-$20 per hour as they liked to advertise. Working there for over a year after my friend have given up on it. I can tell you its a downward slope in earnings and they will slow you down no matter how many shifts you pick up. They will favor the newcomers. Don't waste your time with this job unless you really need the freedom of time to work as I did. However, I regret not pursuing alternative options.
This is probably the worst company you could ever imagine working for they only care about their profits they have so many drivers working that you are lucky to make $10-12/hr while paying for gas and maintenance out of your own pocket. When you question them they will say it seems to be slow in your area atm but they have just scheduled too many drivers it's very easy for them to get extra drivers to work if it's actually busy but instead they over schedule. During the pandemic while waiting to pick up orders in restaurants people have said you must be making really good money I have informed them quite the opposite have to work twice as many hours to make the same money.
Pros
Cons
Badly paid and they don't care about employees
Interview was easy, and the job if you like driving is fun and relaxing. Basically just take your phone and you’re off to make money. People are happy to see you both in the shop and customers delivered to.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
Long driving
Skip is not a good company to work for. Sometimes you will need to travel at least half hour for one order. From the location you are at when the order goes through, to the restaurant and then to the customer. Also, wait times at some restaurants is horrible. If you dont keep your acceptance rate above 80 percent, you won't really make money. You will sit sometimes for 30 mins or more just to get an order. I would not recommend driving for skip to anyone. The app doesn't work very well and the GPS system on the app is terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything regarding skip
Worst customer support ever, even if you’re working with them. Rajinth from customer is one of their worst employee. They don’t listen and take care of their drivers. NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU’RE JUST BORED AT HOME AND DID NOT WANNA MAKE GOOD MONEY.
All you do is sit in car wait for order pick it up than deliver itsnotbad you get to meet new people just with the pay was more but like to drive so itsokv
Pros
Drive arou dmeet people
Cons
Not anough orders
Support system very poor Phone calls don't get answered 99% of the time, chat system not helpful with anything except getting rid of orders Also no one access to supervisor or any person in charge Email sent to Skip don't get answered except for pay issues which happen very often
Cons
drivers time and resources no optimised wasted to often
The schedule is flexible and you decide when you want to work. You will be matched to an offer to deliver the food to the customer with earnings and total distance to drive displayed on the offer screen. This will allow you to make a decision if you want to accept the offer. Most of the time their transit earning is underpaid but the courier driver takes all the tips. I found that dealing with skip representatives can be challenging as they want you to send email for all your queries which takes them a few days to respond.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High mileage on your car, Drive a lot
It is a good job for the people who love driving . You can make your own schedule by your own choice. You can stop your shift whenever you want. Most important thing is you are the own boss at work
I spent more on gas money then actually saving it. Waiting for an order for more than an hour sometimes just to make a lousy couple dollars wasn't worth it.
Pros
Own hours, and I got to know the city more
Cons
Getting lost, not enough pay, and trying to find parking sucked.
The Work is completely random. Some days you will be busy while others you will have no work coming to you, yet you could be outside some busy stores and see other Skip drivers come and go repeatedly. They need to work on how the app gives drivers an equal opportunity.
i was a student and io did it as a part time job it was not bad experince .GOOD AS part time or a side job. they were treating me well if i need help .
Customers were sometimes rude to me, a lot of miscommunication, may do deliveries out of you zone depending where you are, it wasn’t really my thing..
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Just not worth it
Working for SkipTheDishes is great if you already have a job and need some extra cash. It is simple and straightforward, but driving does get tiring and strenuous after a few hours.
As a skip courier, you can choose your own hours to work. You do not, however, get paid enough to maintain your vehicle as it is extremely easy to rack up the miles in a very short period of time. Your suspension will go through heck and stay there if you don’t maintain them (which costs money of course). The help team I swear are trained cyborgs or have no experience in dealing with concerns from drivers or customers alike. They are very secretive and unwilling to help solve problems. I am certain there is some collaboration happening between drivers and some help team members as well when it comes to distribution of orders
By far the worst job experience of my life. Terrible pay. Support doesn't give a flying F about actually providing support. Courier concerns not addressed at all. Zero accountability at all levels of organization. Couriers are at the bottom of the totem pole and they make sure you really feel it.
When I was working for Skip the Dishes, it's nice that you are independent in how you deliver the food, but that comes at a cost. If the customer makes an error in how they requested their food, it is mainly up to you to fix that error and deliver the food.
If you enjoy subsidizing a job this is the one for you. They care nothing about you, your vehicle, or the environment and will expect you to work for free everyday. I'm on my 8th shift this week and have made $0 so far. This has ruined my entire life. I'm in the hole $4000 since starting this job a year ago.
Fun work, very unscheduled. Great for pretending you have a job! Unfortunately was not enough to cover groceries, never mind living expenses. No real advancement opportunity (believe me, I've asked). I'd recommend doing this as a stopgap, but not as a permanent job.