SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Schedule flexibility is the best part about this job, allows you to create your own schedule and be your own boss. Sometimes work fan be slow, depends.
This is good side job if you are looking for an extra money. The bad thing is that you paid by the time you deliver not by kilometers which is in my opinion not fair. they should change this as for a courier most highway and more kilometers consumes more gas and add more kilometers to your vehicle there should be top up with this
Pros
own time
I drive for Skip The Dishes when I am between projects on my real job. It is easy and pays the bills. Highly recommend for students or people looking to make some spare change.Support is lacking to say the least. Always get cut and paste responses to issues or questions. Go into this expecting little to no support and you will not be disappointed.Compensation is okay but Skip really has to modify it for wait times at restaurants and distances traveled from restaurants to deliver.Overall a good job and can make money if you hustle. You will not get rich but hey it should not be looked at as a full time pay the mortgage type of job.
Pros
Flexible hours, okay compensation, just drive easy as that.
Cons
Poor support online and offline, pay could be tweeked to account more for waits and distances.
Skip the Dishes lets you pick up whatever shifts are available, so the hours are flexible, but the pay is totally inconsistent. You aren't paid hourly, and none of your costs are compensated for. You can be payed as little as $3 for a delivery, but it's up to you whether you want to take it. My personal highest priced order was around $24, but don't expect much more than $6-$8 on a regular basis. Also, the company is only technically telling the truth when they say that 100% of your tip goes to the driver. If the driver has accepted at least 8 out of the last 10 orders, the company will often top them up to around $6.50 regardless of tip amount. A driver with a high acceptance rate will therefore often make the same amount of money whether a customer tips $0 or $3, it's just a matter of whether the conpany pays the difference or if you do. This job feels pretty demoralizing if you are doing it full time. Tl:Dr the pay is awful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible pay, no benefits, vehicle wear and tear
Working at Skip allows an individual to choose their hours and pick up shifts when there are available shifts. Working through the app is very easy and was an overall good experience.
You can make money doing this, but you have to be willing to put in the time and expect the worst, your pay depends on where you are as to how much you can make
Really easy to go through interview over the phone, driving your own vehicle, being your own boss. Flexible hours. If you'll work full-time at Skip it's tough and underpaid, and you never know how your next week will be like and how much you'll earn. But as a side job on a top of full-time, just a shift or two over the weekend - is just fine.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Parknig!!! You are responsible for it!
You will sit around for 1-2 hours waiting for orders and if you bother them about it they will make you wait longer. They have a rating system. You have to accept 80-100% of your orders, even the base minimum of $3.50, you'll get more orders. If you don't they will only offer you the orders that pay $4-$6.50. You'll never make more than $6.50 for any order. It's a way of punishing you. You're screwed anyway you look at it. Drivers aren't appreciated and are treated like dirt. They just don't care. Do not waste your time having anything to do with skip.
Pros
Cons
Worst company to work for
Looking to expand into liquor delivery sales. I have enjoyed this work on a part time basis. Need to see if I made a profit after filing taxes. I believe this position broadened my knowledge of the city and which restaurants clients most enjoy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can't really budget income
It's alot of driving but fun way to make extra cash. Sometimes hard to find shifts as there seems to be more and more people driving for Skip the Dishes.
Skip the dishes helped when I didn't have other jobs . Not a lot of delivery orders when we needed money financially. So I would like to have a proper job with my experience.
Super easy to get the job and a good way to make money on short notice when you can, I have been able to work here frequently even though I have a very busy schedule.
I can't say this enough, but if you're in need of work and have a car, you're silly for not trying Skip. THIS IS A PART TIME JOB, DON'T EXPECT A FULL.
i drove and did my job best of my abilities. pay was decent but irregular in regard to actual orders. it was good for a part time job i am currently seeking full time
Waste of time. Support for drivers off shift is slow and mainly offered canned responses to questions. You have no job security. The pay is dismal. They don’t care about their drivers.
This is a very terrible company to work for. Lying is a constant. Virtually never does the courier get the truth from the company. They never communicate changes to couriers. Some things couriers don't find out from the company until almost a year later and only after pressing them. Often they are critical pieces of information. While they assign couriers to an area of the city, couriers are forced to pick up and deliver orders throughout the entire city. Be prepared to spend a large amount of money on fuel. The courier's vehicle will become worn out in no time while being unable to maintain the vehicle causing the courier to potentially drive an unsafe vehicle. There is also the issue of purchasing thousands of dollars of additional insurance as a delivery driver that no one can afford but is legally required. Also, there are far too many couriers. I wish I never started with SkipTheDishes. However, now that I have and with the lack of jobs, I will have to continue until I find a job elsewhere. I strongly do not recommend for anyone to work at SkipTheDishes. You will only become disappointed and frustrated. Not worth it!
good for extra money but not for living you are your own boss but there is no much chanses that you will make much money . sometimes you do though but its only for some extra money
the most enjoyable part of being a courier delivery is that you make your own schedule, working at your pace and being able to make as much money as you want to.
decent place to work at best parts are you are your own boss and don't have to deal with a manager bad parts are cost of gas low fares sometimes etc not bad to try out
Pros
own boss
Cons
pay rate
I typically work 3-5 hours/day, 2-5 days a week Earnings vary between $15-$25/hour I use my own personal vehicle, therefore I must factor in fuel & maintenance costs into my earnings. Although I am designated to work in the NE quadrant of the city, I am often given jobs throughout the entire city, including the deep South. Sometimes communication between customer & courier is broken, making delivery much more difficult. (Sending the wrong address etc) It's overall a fairly easy job & is good for making extra money on the side.
Pros
Able to choose your own schedule; Work when you want
Cons
Use your own personal vehicle; fuel, maintenence is not covered
Working for SkipTheDishes is good for making a little extra money. Although, it depends upon which zone you are in. Also, in time you might get to know some restaurants and customers.