SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB75 reviews

Small cars and flexible schedules will help

Driving for Skip is like any other job. There are busy and good money making days. Then there is not. With rising gas prices, the km driven can work against you. Skip feedback and support are reliable and quick to respond. The biggest pet peeve is the rudeness of some fellow Skip drivers and their expectation to be served immediately. On the other hand the customer service is also lacking from the restaurant staff which can be downright non-existent. Overall the $ helps to pay the bills but business has not been as busy, for me, when everything reopened.

Productive and fun place to work

Communication is key when working SKIP. There is room for growth and personal development and managers are generally interested in seeing you become better and grow at your job.

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

No fun working for this outfit

Pay is pitiful skip management don’t give a 💩about their customers or couriers driving for less than minimum wage after paying for gas maintenance insurance

Great company culture, learning opportunities, career advancement.

Joined in June 2020. After a year applied internally to another team -- was an easy move.Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options. Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better. Overall, best employer I've had so far in my career

Pros

Great work-life balance, learning opportunities, career advancement options

Cons

Middle management struggling at times. Vacation could be better

Excellent job

Great income better than my day JobMore freedom more flexibility Soon I will quit my day job and do full time skipthedishes Choose your own schedule start any time any day

Pros

Freedom, be your own boss

do something else

pay is simply not there. don't waste your time.There are much better opportunities out there if you'd like to drive around. Go to any courier company and work with benefits

Very slow, but easy enough.

Skip is very slow most days. Getting paid is notguaranteed so if you get no orders, you make no money. They offer nothing in terms of gas money or compensation when you don’t get orders. Most days I make between 8-10$ an hour, which is not nearly enough to get by. While Skip would be good as a side job, it is definitely not secure enough to have as your main employment.

Pros

Easy, make your own schedule

Cons

Very low pay, wears down on your vehicle, mundane

Good delivery options.

Good company to work for if you need extra money. Sometimes it takes a while to get the orders, but once they start it is fine. I wish they compensated their drivers for the gas.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

No enough tips

Good schedule.

Was a descent place to work and it gave me the flexibility for a work life balance. I could set my own schedule. And the support team there is second to none.

Schedule flexibility

Schedule flexibility is the best part about this job, allows you to create your own schedule and be your own boss. Sometimes work fan be slow, depends.

Good for extra money

This is good side job if you are looking for an extra money. The bad thing is that you paid by the time you deliver not by kilometers which is in my opinion not fair. they should change this as for a courier most highway and more kilometers consumes more gas and add more kilometers to your vehicle there should be top up with this

Pros

own time

Flexible Hours and Earning Potential

I drive for Skip The Dishes when I am between projects on my real job. It is easy and pays the bills. Highly recommend for students or people looking to make some spare change.Support is lacking to say the least. Always get cut and paste responses to issues or questions. Go into this expecting little to no support and you will not be disappointed.Compensation is okay but Skip really has to modify it for wait times at restaurants and distances traveled from restaurants to deliver.Overall a good job and can make money if you hustle. You will not get rich but hey it should not be looked at as a full time pay the mortgage type of job.

Pros

Flexible hours, okay compensation, just drive easy as that.

Cons

Poor support online and offline, pay could be tweeked to account more for waits and distances.

If you like driving around and want to make a couple bucks, go for it.

Skip the Dishes lets you pick up whatever shifts are available, so the hours are flexible, but the pay is totally inconsistent. You aren't paid hourly, and none of your costs are compensated for. You can be payed as little as $3 for a delivery, but it's up to you whether you want to take it. My personal highest priced order was around $24, but don't expect much more than $6-$8 on a regular basis. Also, the company is only technically telling the truth when they say that 100% of your tip goes to the driver. If the driver has accepted at least 8 out of the last 10 orders, the company will often top them up to around $6.50 regardless of tip amount. A driver with a high acceptance rate will therefore often make the same amount of money whether a customer tips $0 or $3, it's just a matter of whether the conpany pays the difference or if you do. This job feels pretty demoralizing if you are doing it full time. Tl:Dr the pay is awful.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Terrible pay, no benefits, vehicle wear and tear

Good part time job with flexible hours

Working at Skip allows an individual to choose their hours and pick up shifts when there are available shifts. Working through the app is very easy and was an overall good experience.

Pay depends entirely on how generous the people receiving the food are

You can make money doing this, but you have to be willing to put in the time and expect the worst, your pay depends on where you are as to how much you can make

Flexible hours, no bossing around

Really easy to go through interview over the phone, driving your own vehicle, being your own boss. Flexible hours. If you'll work full-time at Skip it's tough and underpaid, and you never know how your next week will be like and how much you'll earn. But as a side job on a top of full-time, just a shift or two over the weekend - is just fine.

Pros

Own boss

Cons

Parknig!!! You are responsible for it!

Do not waste your time with skip

You will sit around for 1-2 hours waiting for orders and if you bother them about it they will make you wait longer. They have a rating system. You have to accept 80-100% of your orders, even the base minimum of $3.50, you'll get more orders. If you don't they will only offer you the orders that pay $4-$6.50. You'll never make more than $6.50 for any order. It's a way of punishing you. You're screwed anyway you look at it. Drivers aren't appreciated and are treated like dirt. They just don't care. Do not waste your time having anything to do with skip.

Pros

Cons

Worst company to work for

Great place to demonstrate people skills

Looking to expand into liquor delivery sales. I have enjoyed this work on a part time basis. Need to see if I made a profit after filing taxes. I believe this position broadened my knowledge of the city and which restaurants clients most enjoy.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Can't really budget income

Fun way to make extra cash

It's alot of driving but fun way to make extra cash. Sometimes hard to find shifts as there seems to be more and more people driving for Skip the Dishes.

Not much job

Skip the dishes helped when I didn't have other jobs . Not a lot of delivery orders when we needed money financially. So I would like to have a proper job with my experience.

Very fun and relaxed work

Super easy to get the job and a good way to make money on short notice when you can, I have been able to work here frequently even though I have a very busy schedule.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement