SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews

skipcourierdeliverydriverappordercarrestaurant

Fast Paced Environment

Needs to increase the average delivery rate. Schedule is hard to get now adays, especially am shift.Its good to work here. Flexible hours. I suggest to have a gas reimbursement.

working for skip

I needed to work 12hr days 7 days a week just to pay my bills . this job doesnt pay enough you just pound your vehicle into the ground and mile it out . if your looking to spend money and waste time go to work for skip.

Pros

You can give up jobs that dont pay

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Be your own BOSS

It’s great to be able to make your own hours and when life takes a turn you can easily drop your shift, only negative is theirs no salary or minimum wage.

Good work place

Very good workplace to work and learn things they are very supportive. They treat all staff members like their family and friends. They also support staff in groceries

Easy work for part time students

if your looking for a part time job as a student this job is good for you as you can be flexible with your work hours. The only downside is the inconsistent pay. This job is not something to do for a long time.

fun place

A fun, productive but pressurised environment where tight deadlines need to be metAll that aside it is and can be a fun and productive place to work..

Yes as a side gig who wishes to work after 5 pm

Too much hassle to get shifts and with gas prices you are literally working under minimum wage plus you put miles on your vehicle, if you add the wear and tear; you’re paying them to work for them.

Stressful, low-paying job

You will be in charge of maintaining and abusing your own vehicle for as many hours as you choose to work. Between maintenance and fuel costs of your own vehicle you can expect to earn less than minimum wage on most days. You are basically praying on good orders and the generosity of customers tips to allow you to make enough to just barely get by. The hours are very flexible and you can basically make your own schedule which kind of makes you your own boss essentially which is the only positive. Many slow periods of waiting on orders sitting somewhere in your car for long periods of time with nothing but expense occuring. Also new application updates have made it so you must be driving to a restaraunt in a short period of time or you will lose your order and acceptance raiting will be impacted(i got caught waiting for a train and contacted support and told them i was waiting and even though they said it was fine my order was given away and my rating was dropped within 10 minutes of waiting and after trying to contact them after they just continued with automated responses saying you must keep moving or order is lost). Virtually no support from the assistance team aside from automated robotic responses when you have any questions which has gotten worse as the years pass. (You used to be able to contact support anytime. But now you must currently be on an order to even talk to them, which if you do, will be met only with automated responses and no real help to the situations you are faced with, and usually zero sympathy). The application is full of glitches and errors that constantly -

Flexible hours but sometimes there is no support if you need help.

Inconsistent and overworking conditions

Firstly, you pick the food up. Ive waited over 50 minutes at a mcdonalds without reimbursement pay for my time. Then, go through traffic with possibility of losing the order most of the time (applies to driving to restaurants). You get to the customer. Climb however much their apartment is up, handle the food as properly as possible despite restaurant packaging and in the end youre left with multiple negative reviews from people wanting free food and a base pay of 8$. It isnt worth the gas price.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Customers and wait times

Meet and greet other people.

Work a courier has a multiples task accordingly to the customer comments how you deliver. Always pay attention to the customer instructions and Drive safe always

Greedy people

I was working there like a courier- worst job ever. Customer service is terrible- unprofessional people, paying you less money than you spend for gas, and your time! All tips going to the company! Prices now going up- their salary going down- the worst company ever- very greedy people!!!

Poor Management, totally opaque

There are a couple of things that drive me bonkers. As independent contractors, we are supposed to be in charge of our working conditions, Skip arbitrarily changes things, things that really affect your earning potential. Trying to resolve anything via live chat is an exercise in frustration, never sure if I’m chatting with a real person or a bot. Emailing Courier Support is the only alternative and I have repeatedly asked very specific questions, and they never answer the question I asked, they give a general talk around that makes no sense.

Boring

Doesn't pay well and nothing is guaranteed. Sit and wait. Restaurants are slow and understaffed. Customers are cheap and don't tip well. I hate this job.

Very rarey enough orders or tips to make it worth it

Like the title said. I’ve had a rare few shifts where I had lots of orders and tips and made $20-$30/hour for a couple hours. But at least 90% of my shifts I make $10/hour on average before including what I paid for gas. Courier help doesn’t care about you because you’re replaceable, take it or leave it. Only pros is not having any management to respond to and adding/changing/dropping shifts as you please

Company Doesn't Care Anymore

When I started working at Skip it felt good. It felt like the company cared about actually providing quality customer service. Since COVID that's changed though. Now it feels more about lining the CEO's pockets than actually providing good service to our customers. It's way more stressful now because you don't know when you're going to be yelled at by someone for just doing your job. Don't recommend it unless you are willing to take a lot of abuse you don't deserve.

Found that the areas of service in Calgary were too large for my time allowance for part-time work.

Company interactions when there were issues with orders/communication were excellent. Always felt there was help and resolution fairly quickly. This company communicates very well with employees.

Easy enough

It was okay, not worth it anymore in my opinion. I wish they had a way to check how busy it was predicted to be. Other than that simple enough if a job.

If you want to get treated like animal in restaurants, try Skip The Dishes

Restaurants will treat you like a piece of animal, and make you wait forever for orders. And you will get parking tickets at downtown Kelowna, because Skip drivers get bad treatment from City Hall, parking enforcement. This job will make you felt like a human in ruins.

Any problems not listened to

Calls to "live support" end up very frustrating and end up with me quitting for the day. Long drives with little pay cost me money. Okay how many words is this now?

Pros

Work or don't

Cons

Little pay

Relaxed and you are you're own boss.

Fast faced environment. You are self employed so you work according to your own hours which is a plus. Things can get hectic when dealing with heavy traffic and multiple deliveries at the same time.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement