SkipTheDishes
View all SkipTheDishes reviews

SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Review

Good Part-time Job but not a Good Permanent Job

For me, I think skip the dishes paid really fair to drivers. I worked for them for two weeks and I can get around 20-25 CAD each hour. It is a really good part-time job for students because it can let you to work with flexibility and make some quick cash for yourself. HOWEVER, if you see this as a Permanent Job/Full-time job, it may stress you out.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Sometimes unreasonable complains from customers, poor communication system with Courier Team

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Unprofessional and NON Caring

Skip support, completely and totally useless. When drivers are reaching out because they are in the midst of a delivery and need help, skip responds with totally irrelevant answers.Don't expect to get the shifts you want, even though skip advertised you will. They are randomly allocated by a computer algorithm which "magically" knows what the customer is going to order a week in advance.The vast majority of drivers have no insurance to drive for skip. The cost of the required commercial insurance that skip does not tell, is up to $7000, totally unreasonable for a $6.00 delivery fee you will get.Skip will make money from the restaurants for every minute the order goes past the collection time, what does the driver get for waiting, easily 30 minutes, nothing worth the wait.The app crashes, freezes and slow to load a page, you complain and skip says it's your phone!.To many drivers, Bottom line RUN AWAY from this company.

Pros

Cons

The worst support from any company
Same role

Good schedule.

Was a descent place to work and it gave me the flexibility for a work life balance. I could set my own schedule. And the support team there is second to none.
Same location

Chill Job

Being a Courier was nice and chill. I just don’t want to deal with the car maintenance side of things. They offer you help while on shift when needed. Instructions tell you what to do exactly through the Courier app.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Will take a toll on your vehicle

2.9