SkipTheDishes logo
SkipTheDishes
View all SkipTheDishes reviews

SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Review

Good as a side gig, but know your costs

I have driven for a couple of the couriers and I believe that Skip is the best in Canada from a driver's perspective. HOWEVER, as you are technically self-employed, you have to take all costs into account, including things like "wear and tear" which seems like something you can account for, however, if your transmission drops out of your car and you need to do a $4000 repair, an entire year of driving could be unprofitable. The company is good, the support is good, and I actually think the company has a great "product" and it will continue to do well, just be aware that you're not really an employee, and all expenses and risks are yours to assume.

Pros

You get to set your own hours, be your own boss, listen to tunes in the car, etc

Cons

Your car is slowly being consumed by the KMs

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

rip offs

always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away
Same role

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips
Same location

Fun and invigorating job

Flexible hours, paid my rent and also had spending money to boot!! Love to book the times of to see my granddaughter. And book extras hours before her visit for extra spending 💸

Pros

Fast cash, Part time or full, my choice😁

Cons

Can't think of any

2.9

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare SkipTheDishes with

• SkipTheDishes
  • Good as a side gig, but know your costs