SkipTheDishes logo
View all SkipTheDishes reviews

SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Review

Current driver for Skip

I started driving with Skip over 2 years ago. It has gotten really bad. Very difficult to make even $50 as the orders are just not there. A lot of waiting for orders and at the restaurant... after about 4 orders.... no more orders. It is also difficult to get any customer service. I tried ordering a new bag and it took 2 months to get my money back because I did not receive the bag. I could not speak to anyone and kept getting weird responses to my email. After an email stating I was going to do a charge back via my credit card company, they finally responded. THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE AT SKIP. Hopefully you do not have any issues while on shift as waiting for a text response takes time. Time is money when you are out there. I would not recommend driving for Skip. It is a difficult time right now but it is impossible to make any meaniful money. Most times approximately 30-40% of my earnings come from tips...Without tips the pay is minimal. I have gone out on shifts that paid less than minimum wage or I receive 1 order in 1 hour. My acceptance rate is above 80% but i still have to wait long periods for orders. I also work full time so I can end unproductive shifts with Skip after 1 hour. It is sad to see what was a great side hustle go so horribly wrong and to see the company deteriorate so rapidly.

Pros

Flexibility, you can end the shift instead of wasting your time

Cons

Low pay, few oders, too many drivers

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

rip offs

always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away
Same role

Good only as a side job to a more normal one

You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.

Pros

Very easy to work around

Cons

Barely any pay without generous tips
Same location

Below minimum wage

Skip you need to do better. The only thing that enticed me to sign up as a driver is the flexibility to make your schedule. Sadly, after two shifts I am still working to pay for the $75.00 commercial bags you must purchase to make your deliveries. When you factor in gas, cell phone data and wear on vehicle you’re making FAR below minimum wage. Even more frustrating , the GPS system associated with the app leads you astray constantly.

2.9