SkipTheDishes
View all SkipTheDishes reviews

SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes Employee Review

A good way to make a quick buck on the side

I would recommend Skip the Dishes for anyone who is already working full or part time, and needs a little extra cash on the side. It is possible to make a living wage doing this, but beware of competition in your city! This is purely commission-based, so there will be days or weeks where you make less than other weeks, and you may have to work more hours to make a living wage some weeks. Also be aware that you are using your own vehicle for this, and it can take quite a toll on it, so make sure to maintain your vehicle, keep track of how many KM's you drive, and save your fuel receipts! You will need that stuff for taxes. My recommendation would be to try Skip the Dishes, but don't commit full-time until you're sure you can make it work.

Pros

Flexible work hours, fun to do

Cons

Stiff competition, really hard on vehicles

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Unprofessional and NON Caring

Skip support, completely and totally useless. When drivers are reaching out because they are in the midst of a delivery and need help, skip responds with totally irrelevant answers.Don't expect to get the shifts you want, even though skip advertised you will. They are randomly allocated by a computer algorithm which "magically" knows what the customer is going to order a week in advance.The vast majority of drivers have no insurance to drive for skip. The cost of the required commercial insurance that skip does not tell, is up to $7000, totally unreasonable for a $6.00 delivery fee you will get.Skip will make money from the restaurants for every minute the order goes past the collection time, what does the driver get for waiting, easily 30 minutes, nothing worth the wait.The app crashes, freezes and slow to load a page, you complain and skip says it's your phone!.To many drivers, Bottom line RUN AWAY from this company.

Pros

Cons

The worst support from any company
Same role

Good schedule.

Was a descent place to work and it gave me the flexibility for a work life balance. I could set my own schedule. And the support team there is second to none.
Same location

Pay is horrible

I thought it would be at least min. Wage as I’m using my car and internet. But I’m making only $9-10 through which i have to pay gas and maintenance. Either should be more or should be ban in canada

Pros

Easy schedule

Cons

Less pay, not getting orders often, not organised

2.9

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare SkipTheDishes with

• SkipTheDishes
  • A good way to make a quick buck on the side