SkipTheDishes
SkipTheDishes Employee Review

A company that rips you off with bogus signup promotions

21 June 2020
Anyone considering signing up to be a driver for skipthedishes, I strong recommend that you do NOT do it. They do not care at all for their drivers. I signed up in response to a signup promotion that required me to do a set number of deliveries by May 15th. They made errors in processing my account and as a result I didn’t receive my delivery bags until June. As a result, I was unable to fulfill the promotion. I contacted them 20+ times over the months of April-June, but they refuse to give me a refund for the signup fees or offer me a new promotion. If you want to work for a company that cares about their drivers, I strongly recommend avoiding Skip and going with a different company like DoorDash, where signup is free and they don’t try to rip you off with bogus promotions.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
There are none.
Cons
They rip you off and dont care about their employees.
16 March 2021
Driver (Former Employee) - Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
always pays less then minimum wedge, company's like this should be charged, how unfair government is - they let small business owner pay minimum wedge, while these people gets away
16 February 2021
Driver (Current Employee) - Red Deer, AB
You really don't get much cash from this on its own, and sometimes you can go hours without a single order. It can be a good source of pocket change but that's about it.
Pros
Very easy to work around
Cons
Barely any pay without generous tips
26 December 2020
Driver (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
This is probably the worst company you could ever imagine working for they only care about their profits they have so many drivers working that you are lucky to make $10-12/hr while paying for gas and maintenance out of your own pocket. When you question them they will say it seems to be slow in your area atm but they have just scheduled too many drivers it's very easy for them to get extra drivers to work if it's actually busy but instead they over schedule. During the pandemic while waiting to pick up orders in restaurants people have said you must be making really good money I have informed them quite the opposite have to work twice as many hours to make the same money.
Pros
Cons
Badly paid and they don't care about employees
  1. A company that rips you off with bogus signup promotions