SkipTheDishes
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews

Canada889 reviews

The compensation is too low

The compensation doesn't cover the expenses. We've been increased of the fuel they never made it any kind of increase in the income. And most of the customers don't give you enough tip.

Would give 0 stars if I could

Pathetic company policys. Not worth the km and wear and tear on my car. They don’t care about you no matter how much you do for them the littlest mistake and that’s all they see.

Insights into SkipTheDishes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Chill job but don’t make much money

This job is honestly really nice as you get to choose your own hours but you don’t make enough money. Usually by the end of a shift I have made about minimum wage but once gas is taken off it’s next to nothing. It’s helpful on my days off but I couldn’t make a living off of it.

Pros

Low stress

Cons

Low pay/ not compensated for gas’s

Productive and fun place to work

Communication is key when working SKIP. There is room for growth and personal development and managers are generally interested in seeing you become better and grow at your job.

No fun working for this outfit

Pay is pitiful skip management don’t give a 💩about their customers or couriers driving for less than minimum wage after paying for gas maintenance insurance

It’s okay

It’s very busy due to the nature of the job as you will have a lot of customers chatting in at a time for your assistance, it becomes overwhelming at the beginning but you will get used to it

Pros

work from home

Cons

long hours, busy all the time

Flexible Job

This job is great for those who aren't able to work regular hours. You pick your own shifts, and can logout early - or work later if there are overflow or regular shifts available. Do not try to count on making a specific amount of $. It varies by shift... Sometimes drastically.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Inconsistent earnings

Awful support, worse pay, horrible hours, terrible call flow

Support takes forever to respond, resturaunt staff treat you like garbage even if you aren't doing anything to earn the hate, and some customers can be great, however the majority tend to be quite nasty with you because even though they placed the order hours ago, you just got the order delivery request 20 minutes ago

Pros

Cons

Boring. Very few calls. Low profit.

Not even close to a living wage

If it's very busy .non stop you might make enough to fill your gas tank. Lately it's not been busy. Avoid unless it's just a side gig for extra dough. Very easy and set your own hours be your own boss. .Won't make enough to maintain a vehicle.

This job was great at first. But has declined in the last three years do to the economy

I was happy for the first two years working at Skip The Dishes. I was fairly busy, It kept me active and I made decent money. However, this year the job has been steadily declining. It is not that it is not a good company. It is and you have so much freedom, but, with the increase in fuel prices everything has followed and all prices and interest rates are up across the board. So needless to say the first thing that people will cut from there household expenses is delivery. It is not a necessity and this job has slowed considerably.

Pros

Lots of freedom with work schedule, Cherry pick shifts, and work when you want.

Cons

Unless you drive an electric vehicle, it is hard to make any money now.

Worse place- full of favouritism

They will hire you, for 9 months they will not provide you a Team Lead. No evaluation on your progress. You won’t even have a hint what their QA is or KPI’s are, then out of the blue they will cut your hours and fire you. Most stressful company I have worked with. They won’t even raise your pay. But they will surely raise your work load every month. They will make you work you extra. Tasks are given on basis of favouritism. Easy tasks are always given to favourites and if you complain about it nobody means NOBODY cares.In the end- don’t work for them. They are leeches of corporate society. They won’t pay their employees and their couriers. They take cuts on everything they can.

Flexibility

I’ve been working with skipthedishes for years and If you want to make money you’ve got to be committed to it . Tips is what makes the money for us drivers.

Pros

On your own time

Cons

Gas prices

Great Place to work

The job was lots of fun and a lot of team collaboration. I only left because I was just not passionate enough about that particular industry and changed my career path. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new and modern experience!

Just bad

Never start delivery with skips. They are robbing everyone of profit except themselves. You make no money, waste of gas. More than needed ware and tare on your car.

Cons

Lots of gas used, time waster, greedy

Does not pay enough

They pay per order but after gas alone with their orders being slow at times you end up maybe making $10.00/h and if the customer does not tip your lucky to get $6.50/ order and if you have to wait you might only get 2 orders in that hour with the waiting at the restaurants it is not worth it.

Fun

I enjoy working here, you get make your own hours and have no boss.You don't have to deal with to many people so it's nice and quit. Who wouldn't like to listen to musicians and driving around while working

Work your own pace

Being able to work on your schedule is absolutely perfect depending on your downtime either working here part time or as your only job. Don't expect to be raking in thousands a month but decent pay for what you do.

Pros

Can work as many hours as you'd like.

Cons

Not a viable option to survive on alone.

Very bad management

Easy work but stressful, the management has 0 management skill which is very bad in the team. The team leads only care about their own rate, they do not reply your message and rarely help you with things. They keep push you to go work but not actually do their own job.Hardly get rise if you are not the same last name or the color. Not recommend to the people who want to work in this company for long term.

Very good opportunity for beginners

Very good opportunity for beginners and students.You could work on your own schedule . Call center is there to support you all the time.If you have a car that is good on fuel and you are willing to work full time with skip, you will never look for another job.Easy and no rush job that pays you well.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Still trying to find out some Cons..

Casual and freedom to make own schedule

The app is a bit glitchy and new home developments are often not on Google maps so it can be time consuming making certain deliveries. Also, the help line is slow and often sends back form letters so it is very impersonal

It’s all about perspective

I personally was laid off from a very good job with high pay and great benefits.When I needed work I joined skipthedishes the process was fairly quick and easy pre pandemic. I hear after pandemic it’s hard to get in.Pay all depends on tips and generosity of the customers.Example in my area you make minimum 6.5$ per delivery, but there’s no guarantee 100-200 other couriers are on the road making orders hard to come by. On days when the balance between couriers and orders is there you can make fantastic money.You set your own hours. Raise delivery pay to match the gas prices and the management/support is incompetent.You can be fired for anything at anytime.Wear and tear on your vehicle.Overall I recommend you set a daily goal of how much you plan on earning and stay out until you reach it.

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement