SkipTheDishes
Coronavirus update
Information from SkipTheDishes:

SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews

Canada712 reviews
Often waiting for orders to come to you. You can get paid terrible and rarely good. Restaurants often don’t treat you very well. Lots of times I’ve had to wait for food. Basically you’re on your own. Also sometimes gets wrong addresses which is very stressful. And support is a hit and miss.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Unpredictable pay
Like any big company, there is a robotic feel to the live operations work after a few months; they used to have fun cross training opportunities and a better managed workforce when they were just Skip; the good old control team controlled operations but later dissipated as algorithms created new roles and made a whole team non existence - it just shows you how progressive skip is as a company, provides full equipment for your work and sponsors immigration requests - easiest place to get along with and work by far for locals and immigrants!
Pros
Free equipment during tenure, growth opportunities
Cons
monotonous, bureaucracy
if it was not for the generosity of some customers you would make about of what you currently get paid there....for a 7 day, 80 hr. week I made $1074, $480 of that was from customer tips paid through the app...so excluding the tips, Skip actually only paid $594 for 80 hrs of my time and I still have to take gas and maintenance off that....
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, and you will mile out your vehicle very quickly....
For me, I think skip the dishes paid really fair to drivers. I worked for them for two weeks and I can get around 20-25 CAD each hour. It is a really good part-time job for students because it can let you to work with flexibility and make some quick cash for yourself. HOWEVER, if you see this as a Permanent Job/Full-time job, it may stress you out.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes unreasonable complains from customers, poor communication system with Courier Team
It’s really hard to make even minimum when u get order after 1 hour and that’s 16 km total $7 used to be $3.25 But now they are eating drivers tips and showing off they are paying $7 for every delivery if acceptance rate is more than 80 % otherwise u r back to old system $3.25 per delivery, waste of time and fuel and also seen drivers getting big tip orders from their friends in company !
Pros
Last option
Cons
Unlimited
fast based work
stressful

need to deliver on time

make your own schedule and lunch time

work any days and any weekends

work anytime of the day

use your own car
Pros
own schedule
Cons
less earning
All you do is sit in car wait for order pick it up than deliver itsnotbad you get to meet new people just with the pay was more but like to drive so itsokv
Pros
Drive arou dmeet people
Cons
Not anough orders
Support system very poor
Phone calls don't get answered 99% of the time, chat system not helpful with anything except getting rid of orders

Also no one access to supervisor or any person in charge

Email sent to Skip don't get answered except for pay issues which happen very often
Cons
drivers time and resources no optimised wasted to often
The schedule is flexible and you decide when you want to work. You will be matched to an offer to deliver the food to the customer with earnings and total distance to drive displayed on the offer screen. This will allow you to make a decision if you want to accept the offer. Most of the time their transit earning is underpaid but the courier driver takes all the tips.

I found that dealing with skip representatives can be challenging as they want you to send email for all your queries which takes them a few days to respond.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High mileage on your car, Drive a lot
Warm and welcoming staff
Amazing experience, my first job absolutely loved it.

Would wanna take the job back any day

Work environment and people, great !
It is a good job for the people who love driving . You can make your own schedule by your own choice. You can stop your shift whenever you want. Most important thing is you are the own boss at work
hi its a good part time job but you need to have another part time or full time job with it to make it worth while. The nice thing was you put what hours you're available but can also pickup shifts too.
Skip is making use of International students and putting them through stressful work. No job satisfaction, full of stress, unhappy customers. No job security.
You will not always get the order. They have order dispatcher. Worst is you will have a order with about 8km distance from restaurant to customer's place with delivery fee of $3.95 whithout tip. Sometimes you will have 1 delivery every half hour.
Pros
You time freedom
Cons
Waste of gas and time.
Anyone considering signing up to be a driver for skipthedishes, I strong recommend that you do NOT do it. They do not care at all for their drivers. I signed up in response to a signup promotion that required me to do a set number of deliveries by May 15th. They made errors in processing my account and as a result I didn’t receive my delivery bags until June. As a result, I was unable to fulfill the promotion. I contacted them 20+ times over the months of April-June, but they refuse to give me a refund for the signup fees or offer me a new promotion. If you want to work for a company that cares about their drivers, I strongly recommend avoiding Skip and going with a different company like DoorDash, where signup is free and they don’t try to rip you off with bogus promotions.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
They rip you off and dont care about their employees.
It's a good job to have, it's easy and it's good money on the side. If you are unable to work a regular job then skip the dishes is a good job to do. It's really easy and fun sometimes. It can also be very stressful because some people dont understand it actually takes a lot of time out of your life to deliver peoples foods to them. A lot of people expect a lot out of you and dont give a lot in return
I spent more on gas money then actually saving it. Waiting for an order for more than an hour sometimes just to make a lousy couple dollars wasn't worth it.
Pros
Own hours, and I got to know the city more
Cons
Getting lost, not enough pay, and trying to find parking sucked.
This company doesnt really care about employees they just care about their cuts and food we deliver always have compliants from many customers even BBB is aware of their many complaints. Food upon delivery are cold, some are spilled even worst . The employee are not protected or ensured about safety from Covid-19 to our customers or clients
Pros
Easy business
Cons
Not worth it
I REALLY LOVE THIS COMPANY. Because I am an independent contractor here. so I can take a schedule by myself self and I car work anytime if I want and earn a good amount of money.
You are basically self-employed and only work based on your availability.
You set your availability once a week before Wednesday night and you can also pick up open shifts.
I didn't get paid or anything as it was just work experience, but my over all experience was amazing. It is an amazing community with so many places around the world, and the fact that I got to work there was amazing.
Pros
Amazing Community, Full Time Hours, Amazing Job Opportunities
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkipTheDishes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9