SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews

Good
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 August 2018
Good place to work and be your own boss and choose your ownt time to work in the week, when ever you are free you can book an extra shift and earn some cash.
Pros
Self supervisor
Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2018
I have worked for Skip for about 2 years. During this period I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of teams. The sky is the limit, and I have had opportunities in roles that I had no previous experience in. It has been great for my own progression, and I would recommend for anyone looking to work in a tech startup.
Pros
Opportunities for growth. Performance tracking and recognition. Excellent training.
Cons
There is a bit of bias if you are friends with management, It could be better if you stood out based on your own merit rather than the connections you have.
Skipthedishes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 August 2018
Great Startup company, however management is inconsistent in style and vision.

Executive management are younger overall and seem to be in over their head with their inexperience. Not willing to listen to feedback from more experienced employees.
good for extra money
Courier Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2018
iam guy in brampton got 1.8 l car good in gas i accept my partime job is not per hour its per delivery yes we lose time sometimes to wait orders wait for 2 hours but i accept that skip is not busy everyday all depend on the time you get lunch time is good dinner is not bad as well take note this is only extra money for your pocket if busy you gain if not you lose time some costumer give tip some is not if ur lucky you get 8-10 bucks tips + transit pay and for maintenance just change your oil in time your car still good shape and please guys dont complain about the gas if ur car is dodge charger honda accord v6 hyundai genesis i seen it some skip drivers the worse thing i seen is audi a4 2.0t dont be stupid using this car with premium gas
Pros
your the boss / no rushh
Cons
no stable salary
Fun and great place
Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
Fun workplace even though the management is not well organized. Great teams and managers are very helpful. The best part of the job is to interact with different customer whether through calls or chats. It is a privilege working for SkipTheDishes.
ok
Logistic Controller and Courier Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
good company, growing very fast, huge team and friendly culture, bad parking since it's located in downtown winnipeg mantioba. mostly students attraction job and they pay good
Terrible work culture
Success specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2018
More like #skipsowhite #skipthejoboffer if you are not a white or Indian person, your chances are any promotion/ advances are zero to none. The managers are deathly afraid of the supervisors who basically run the show and treat the agents worse than the garbage at the roadside. There are no raises given even after working for a year and you can kiss any work - life balance good bye as you are expected to work any and all shifts given, regardless of your availability.
Pros
Still waiting to see one
Cons
Your joy and life will be sucked out your soul
Decent place to work, but a little incoinvenient at times.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 July 2018
Skip The Dishes is a decent job. The pay was all right and getting all set up as a driver was easy, however some things they did, I didn't agree with.
The worst
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
company seems like they don't care when you start your shift , they can become very useless when your on shift and you call for help with something ,some of the girls try to pick argument with is driver when we call are try to get help, the way how i see this don't think they will be in business long , when you make your shift they give you what they feels like when you call they says they dont do shift the computer do it!!! dont work here run for the hills wear tear on your car doesnt worth it.
Pros
good to get out the house
Cons
run for the hills
It was great
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
Would recommend anyone who is looking for extra side work. I would get into the zone of that day 5-10 mins early and wait for a job to come up after signing in and basically go to and from jobs through out the shift. I learned street names and areas of the city by memory, memorized where all the hot spots are, how to get to and from restaurants to communities in a time effective manner. The hardest part of my job was figuring out where I can take restroom breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job is how easy it is for someone like me to pick up shifts when I need it the most and how laid back it is.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule.
Cons
Down times, Fuel usage.
Independent and Easy going
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2018
A good place that allows you to be independent and allow you to go at your pace.

Learn about lots of destinations and neighbourhoods within Winnipeg, along with knowledge about lots of restaurants
Just good extra income for paying at least some bills
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
Not recommended as "the only job of course", its for an extra monthly income. Pls do not complain it was our choice to join the skip team we need some patience.So far my experience is good especially I'm always brought by the app to Downtown wherein I got to deliver in less than 2 km order after order until the end of my shift. As a person who has family of small kids to support this is a big help rather than having 2 jobs that might get conflict sometimes. I do not feel tired since I love driving. I have a full time job and skip is a good extra thing to do than sit in the house doing nothing for max 4hrs a day.
Pros
Extra income for the family
Cons
Needed to upgrade my data plan.
Good job for millenials
Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
you learn customer service. opportunity for growth for high contributors. least favorite thing is dealing with angry stakeholders, you do not have social life due to weekend committment.
Fun
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2018
Good to be on your own. Interact with Different types of people. Always have to make sure delivery to the correct person and in the correct procedures.
Great hours, and a great experience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2018
A typical day is picking up food from restaurants and delivering them to customers around Winnipeg.
What I have learned is how to get around the city because I am driving around, delivering food, so I get knowledge of the area I deliver in.
You will make more money begging on the street...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2018
Just forget this slave job , don't waste your time , your car and your nerves.
If you have an electric car maybe you'll make $10/hr.
Don't expect any support when delivering orders, you're on your own!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Total disrespect for drivers from head office staff
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2018
In Wpg the head office staff seem to make a game of ordering food from the most difficult locations in terms of traffic and construction and then making drivers wait downstairs. Include the fact that office staff are the worst tippers a driver deals with a driver effectively lose $ on every HO delivery.
If HO had any sense of ethical management they would 1) control where staff can order from and when ie Rush Hour 2) allow drivers to deliver to a single location ( drop off) without waiting for the staff member to come down 3) monitor where staff order from.
Take the job only if begging on the street is your only other alternative.
Pros
You get to say when you want to work
Cons
Too many to list
Don't expect to make good money.
Skipthedishes (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2018
They allow you to drop the delivery/order so if you see no tip or low transit pay and a far drive you can drop it. No one should be allow to drop any order and management need to be more fair. Why would you work for this company making 60 dollars on a 4 hour shift?
No work life balance, horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2018
The only good part of the job is the people you work with. Hours of operation are constantly changing with no notice and are expected to work which ever hours they choose. They ask you to submit your availability 3 weeks in advance, but you often don't get your schedule until the week, or sometimes a few days before. Management is a complete mess. They expect employees to go above and beyond but give absolutely no incentive to do so.

If you don't mind having no personal life, and working in a highly disorganized environment, this is the place for you.
It's Meh
Menu Content Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2018
Not steady hours. Fast paced and stressful. Easy to Learn. Overall for the pay you receive, it is an okay job. The people are friendly and the managers are understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkipTheDishes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9