Skin Vitality Medical Clinic

Skin Vitality Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Very repetitive work. Learn a lot with really great training before had. Very gradual introduction and implementation into the work. Great people to work with
This company is absolutely terrible to work for. All they care about is money, and don’t respect or treat their patients or staff well. Management is horrendous, and voicing concerns is useless, as they just get defensive. (They know everything apparently). The only positive is that you get and maintain a trusting relationship with your patients and they remain loyal.
Too bad you are never scheduled enough time to properly do their treatments though. The next bank machine (Woops, I mean patient) is already there waiting. They make the staff sign ridiculous contracts to lock them in place for years on end, and force them to stay with the company even if they are miserable. PLEASE for the love of god, DO NOT work for this company! Just ask ANY staff member that isn’t management.
Pros
Decent pay, loyal patients
Cons
Bullying from management, Lock and key contract, They don’t care about patients, VERY $ motivated
This company is quite literally the definition of corrupt. At first it was fine working, very casual and ghetto but it was fine. Then I slowly started to realize how this company scams patients, runs them around for weeks sometimes MONTHS when they want a refund, manipulates and up sells them with pure greed. (I am former employee) I’ve had people call in tears over what they’ve experienced with us. & there are constant new promotions going on to make up for horrible work NO BENEFITS 44 hours / week and LOW WAGES RUNNNN do not get in!
Pros
The coworkers are sweet (mostly)
Cons
Corrupt, greedy, no benefits, lots of pressure, CEO will call you and scream at you like a child if you mess up :)
this is the least healthy work environment you will ever subject yourself to for minimum wage. I highly recommend checking out if tim hortons is hiring instead of working for people with zero management skills who couldn't care less about your work/life balance and mental health. the high turn over rate here should speak for itself if the pay and no benefits don't already.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
the ceo
Upper management is horrible. They care about money only. They scream and swear at their employees. Reception is at fault for everything. I would never recommend working here
upper management is the most messed up group of ladies you'll find, they swear in front of patients make fun of you after you leave an interview directors and the owner only care about one thing and thats money. they put all of the responsibilities on the receptionist... botox missing receptions fault, juvederm missing receptions fault, anything missing from the clinic that has nothing to do with reception its your fault. you get and lunch but they don't have anyone there to cover it. everyone talks badly about everyone behind there backs. Also your day gets really hard when you see a patient buy something they can't get done or are pressured into buying something they can't afford and they ask for a refund... they won't get it you'll be playing phone tag and email tag for the rest of your life.
The owner doesn't care about you or the company all she wants is your money. Go ahead and ask them for a refund because you probably won't get it. They have the worst customer service and their medical team sells treatments to people who can't even get them done. This company has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen but if you need a job they will hire you on spot don't worry
Working in the call centre is great. We have team events potlucks etc. Everyone helps each other, covers shifts and makes sure that you can have a life outside of work.
The management team is very good at allowing shift exchanges and accommodating events that you have coming up (as long as you give enough notice!)
With my experience at SVM. I would not recommend anyone to pursue a job here. Firstly, I was lied to in my interview. I was told you make commission based off bookings for first time clients. You do not make commissions at all. It was pointless to keep record of your booking percentage. secondly, the team is very catty. Lots of drama to which there are no consequences or resolutions of any sort. The company itself and the owner do not care about staff. There are no perks or benefits. They do not care for your outside life and it is a struggle to make accommodations. Save yourself the stress.
-Friendly colleagues
-Friendly management

-I worked in retail and call centres before and hated the environments and didn't trust the products...but working for Skin Vitality Medical, I'm fine with and trust, which is refreshing

-Many happy and loyal patients

-Also many unhappy patients who say they don't see results from the treatments or patients are annoyed because not all treatments are offered at every clinic so they will have to travel to another clinic of Skin Vitality Medical

-I think more staff cross training is needed to keep up with patients

-Beware the negative reviews you see online about Skin Vitality Medical, some of those reviews are written by people who have NEVER set foot in any of the clinics and have NO patient files with the company, they're fake reviews!
I was a receptionist, they over work you, had to work 12 hour days before with NO BREAKS. Anything that goes wrong, they will blame you. Angry clients call all day berating and verbally assaulting. Ive been physically assaulted by a client and i was told by the company "you shouldnt have provoked her"

They make you pay $200 for your uniform (an uncomfortable ugly dress) and on top of it all, the petty and toxic managers seal the deal.

Horrible place to work, run now while you still can!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cheap pay, horrible management
I am a registered nurse and have been with skin Vitality for 4 years. I perform cosmetic injections out of the Mississauga and ajax location. I look forward to coming to work everyday - that is an honest statement. My job entails helping men and women look AND feel their best. The patients are loyal and amazing! My team is amazing - I have made so many fantastic friends over the past 4 years. I never thought my nursing career would take me in this direction but i am so very thankful for the opportunities Skin Vitality has given me.
Pros
Amazing team, loyal patients, endless training, gorgeous clinics, perks and freebies
Cons
No benefits
New hires are lovely but the old school employees are really full of themselves and very unprofessional. Very surprising upper management keeps such mean spiriteeld females on their team. Could be much nicer environment minus the cats.
Pros
Possible free botox
Cons
Insecure and unprofessional females
Very toxic work place! The management are very hostile! Those 5 stars are false reviews! Either friends of management or management writing them! Extremely long hours or no hours given.
Pros
Cons
Work staff like a dog
I have been with Skin Vitality for 1 year. I enjoy my job, my colleagues and our patients! My direct manager is fantastic - she is approachable, fair and always eager to help/coach. Our work environment is fast paced which I personally love. I honestly enjoy coming to work every day.
Pros
collegues, management, discounts
Cons
working evening/weekends.
I am been a medical aesthetician for close to 20 years. I have been with Skin Vitality for 4 years now. I have enjoyed my time with this company - I plan on many more happy years. This company is very team oriented. I have created a lot of close bonds over the years with staff as well as patients. I love my career and I love skin vitality.
Pros
discounts, free treatments
Cons
working weekends and evenings
I am a full time receptionist at Skin Vitality. I honestly love my job. Great team culture. My manager is amazing and very accommodating. The clinic is very face paced and busy - so my days fly by! One of the best parts of my job is dealing with our awesome patients :)
Pros
staff, patients, management, discounts, free treatments, staff dinners
Cons
working saturdays
When I first started at the company, it was all roses and sunshine. It quickly became obvious that it was a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is more than 100% (ie, more people come and go than stay). No benefits, lousy pay. Promises of advancement that never come. Employees are berated on a daily basis. Seems to be the goal of management to make someone cry every day.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Skin Vitality was a great place to work. The staff was like family, and I learned so much from them. The best part of the job was making woman and men feel like they love themselves again. Helping fix their problem areas. It was rewarding knowing that you are making someone smile again.
Pros
Co-workers turned family.
Cons
long hours.
This is a great place to work if you are poor and desperate no doubt about that the CEO is a terrible person inside and out and you are treated like an animal, for pennies as a consultant you are promised 100,000 you are lucky if you make 30,000. I am glad I left and i am not turning back
Cons
Long Hours
I have worked at Skin vitality for 4 years now, I have always been given opportunities to learn, grow and take on different aspects of the company that i greatly appreciate.

My co-workers i work with daily are amazing hard working ladies and are always here to support me.

My directors and boss's are always there when i need advice or if i find somethings not working out for me they accommodate me as much as possible.

I think of some of these ladies as family and even close friends and enjoy seeing and speaking with them every day.
Pros
advancement, monthly rewards and prizes, getting discounts on products and services
Cons
long hours and no health benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skin Vitality Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9