Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control

Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Good and Bad
This company has a lot of potential but fails to rise to the challenge. Typical high turn over rate and under educated workers; like most small repair companies. This place does take care of their workers in many other ways but not with salary. It is not an easy job and can be quite demanding with longer than usual hours
Pros
Benefits, company car, uniforms, tools, relaxed
Cons
Low pay, missed opportunities for up sells
Great Place to Be
Skedaddle is a great place to work. Very friendly and welcoming environment. Management is great, very nice! Always willing to help and answer any questions/rectify any issues that come up.
Great interaction with clients. Poor unvetted leads. Sales manager limits leads at will without notification. Laughable commission per sale
Promised 5-6 leads per day. Realistic is 4-5 with many leads being a non-sale due to unvetted leads. CSRs who book are not allowed to really vett leads because of "first to the door" mentality. Lots of wasted time.

Sales manager acts like know it all with big ego. Attitude is very abrasive. He limits teams daily leads at will without informing why.

1% of sale for commission is rough with a 17.00 per hour wage. Its laughable when you realize price difference in competition and mark-up.
This company has so much potential
Skedaddle as a company is really great to work for. The office is clean, there's complimentary coffee, bathroom breaks when needed, you can smoke every hour on the hour, but something there is off. It took me a while to realize what it was: Management, or lack thereof.

The management style at Skedaddle is very hot and cold. Sometimes management is your best friend, other times management hates you but won't tell you why, and on the odd occasion you will be reminded just how much you owe them. There's a power struggle among management for who is the true manager that usually involves an employee having to choose who to listen to instead of knowing who to listen to.

You will be penalized for having a bad day, you will be told who will most likely try to get you fired, and you will be made fun of for things you can't change, and then will be penalized for not getting the jokes.

It's common knowledge that when you leave at the end of your shift, you will be talked about badly, by whoever is left, or by the people who have managed to stay there longer than a year. Management actively participates in trash talk and will give hints as to who is going to be fired.

The higher ups are easy to talk to, and great people to be around. They make office life fun and upbeat but when they go in to their offices the true nature of the Skedaddle employees shows. As I said, management feeds into the trash talk nature of the young and often immature employees.

There's no structure for the management to follow and a lot of the times they wing it, and if it ends badly, it's not them
 - more...
Pros
A lot of moral boosting activities which are often times needed.
Cons
Poor management
Awesome company to work for!
I really enjoyed my time working at Skedaddle! I was very well trained by the CS managers who are experienced and knowledgeable, and the service given to customers is first class. Skedaddle is also accommodating to worker schedules. I am very appreciative of the customer service experience I received and valuable skills I learned!
good
good place to work. however pay was below what is should be. company vehicle and phone provided.
cons.

customers always contacting after work day. long days
An excellent place to work!
I loved my time at Skedaddle, i was able to work and learn in this industry undr great management. Perks included being able to use a company vehicle and phone, as well as great perks for sales. I would recommend anyone to seek a position here if they're looking for fun work experience, and valuable work skills.
Great Environment
Working at Skedaddle, I was able to get my work completed in an comfortable and welcoming environment. I learned some valuable skills which I am able to use in my everyday life. The people at Skedaddle are very friendly and easy to get along with, making work more enjoyable.
Miss this place terribly!
There’s no feeling like being proud of the organization you work for, and Skedaddle certainly provided a strong sense of pride no matter what direction I was looking. Management was fun, supportive, and always made sure I was safe when doing solo inspections. They also were very receptive to new ideas and open communication. Miss this place terribly!
Terrible. If I was aloud to write more I would.
If you want to slave away at a job that makes you work an insane amount of hours but still cant afford to pay your daily bills, this is the right job for you. The only positive is the co workers you get to work with. Upper management and office staff don't have a clue what a tech actually does and has to go through. Absurd quotes which f##k your day up hard and you get punished by having to stick it out and work
Absolute Horrible
There is no advancement, no pay wages, no lunches, barley any breaks. People are so rude. It’s a good thing I called in sick and I landed my self another job. This place I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. McDonalds is better to work for.
Cons
Hard working group of good guys lots of overtime to be done.
Very interesting work, great team and lovely atmosphere, can be difficult at times to deal with the issue and the clients at the same time. Great team fun guys and hard working.
Pros
Wilflife, benefits company vehicle, working outside
Cons
Wildlife, long hours, hard to get to places
Company treats you fantastic, fun place to work.
I really enjoyed working here. Upper management is great and very knowledgeable. I always felt comfortable going to my manager if I needed help on anything. Company gives phone, vehicle and a good wage. They would have fun competitive contests and would reward you for high sales. The harder you work the more you will succeed here. I would highly recommend skedaddle as a place to work!
Pros
Good salary, company phone and vehicle, great upper management
Great job for those who work hard.
I worked full time as an Assistant, was told to do a variety of different job related activities such as Trenching, Driving a work Truck to and from job sites, using many different types of tool/power tools, setting up and climbing ladders to roofs and attics, interacting with wild animals and using a personal phone to constantly receive and reply to E-mails sent on a semi daily basis. I was told strict dress policies (some of which were a bit ridiculous), but in the end I was let go before my 3 month probationary period was completed because i was ''not as fast'' as the other assistance, even tho many of the Tech I was Assisting told me everything had a steep learning curb and that I was doing quite well..
Pros
Great people, Great work environment.
Cons
No work recognition, working in questionable weather conditions.
I loved working here at Skedaddle Humane Wildlife, working with amazing employees and management teams. They are always looking to grow to become a bigger more successful company. Working here is great and I would love to own my own franchise in with Skedaddle Humane Wildlife one day. The most enjoyable part about working here is the people and support you get from management, never an issue with my hours. I do recommend Skedaddle Humane Wildlife as a great place to work.
Pros
Great workers, Required training
Good job
This was a good job for me. I would go to different houses to remove animals and then install screens to keep them out. The team was great to work with and I was left alone to do my job for the most part.
Pros
company truck and cell phone
Cons
working in all weather
Great team, fun job
The job was good. There is good variety and everyday is a bit different. I enjoyed the team I worked with and had alot of fun but it can be hard work.
Fun job.. That's about it
This is an enjoyable job and there is a lot you can learn here. However that's about all the good things I can say about the company. Management here is very poor, everyone has there own rules for different things. Extreme lack of communication between managers. They only care about making numbers and don't care about the well being of their employees. You will be treated like a robot, forced to work long hours during the week and regular Saturday's. There is no work/life balance here. The training is very poor. I spent my first 3 months being trained from a technician who had been at the company for less than a year and was still learning himself..The growth at this company is very slow and almost non existent, Don't expect to grow fast. If you're interested in Wildlife Control I would recommend applying somewhere else. The training here is poor, growth is slow and other wildlife companies are paying much more per hour for the same job performed.
Pros
Fun job, good people to work with.
Cons
Low wages, no growth, poor management, no work/life balance
Fantastic company to work for with great working environment and a great team
My day would start out travelling to a customers house that has a wildlife issue. I would arrive at 8 am sharp no matter the travel distance from home. A Sales rep from the company would have already been there previous to my arrival to do a property assessment and sell the job. I would inspect the attic of the home looking for animal evidence and amount of destruction. After that I would proceed to install animal proof materials on the house. While working here I was able to improve my customer service skills as they were needed daily. I also learned that a company with a close team network works exceptionally well together and is able to complete any task on the go. I enjoyed being able to be on my own some days working and then having another co-worker the next doing another job somewhere else. The enjoyed that the job had me driving so much as I was able to see more of some areas I have not been to before.
Pros
monthly meetings, co-workers
Amazing team to work with
Amazing team to work with among many other benefits. The pay though was lacking for what was being conducted, however well worth every bit of effort to work for them.