Skechers

Skechers Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,579 reviews
A good introduction to sales and business
1st Assistant Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2019
The people are amazing, the job is tough and the pay is low for the tasks that are expected. A large company should invest in good workers and treat everyone fairly.
Horrible new management and unethical strategies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam20 June 2019
When I started at Skechers I worked under the best management possible, great head manager who cared about his staff and fantastic assistant managers. Recently there has been two different changes in management who both failed to live up to the level the previous management had been. They did not appreciate me or anyone who had been there for longer than they had. I had worked for Skechers for almost two years before resigning due to unfair treatment and unethical work strategies. I would receive 4 hours a week when others would receive 20+ hours a week. The manager would also not allow you to call in sick and would get mad if you didn’t find someone to cover your shift, even though it is their job to do so. They would tell you that even though you’re sick and on bed rest you still needed to come in.

If you are not a favourite don’t expect to be be treated fairly or praised for good work. The new management teaches new staff to deceive customers which is not what Skechers stands for.
basic pay and old work environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 March 2019
flexible hours
old fashion music
messy management
annoying "promise" to remember
it is good job for part-time work
Floor-supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2019
they have less hours sometimes and management behave weird. out of 200 hours for week 160 are for managers only. coworkers were nice but they force you to sell stuff.
Good for students.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON14 December 2018
This job is a good place to start if you are a student. Allows them to grow into a mature adolescent, learning new traits and how to interact with customers. There are great benefits for the employees and room for growth. Flexible hours.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
poor store management
Unflexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 September 2018
For a company hiring college/uni students they don't offer much flexibility and the manager at my location did not care for his employees. He compared him to them and used the "back in my day" excuses on them. It's a boring job but good if you want to get paid to do minimum work.
Pros
discount
Cons
boring, little flexibility, management
Good atmosphere, however not a lot of hours!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 May 2018
Everyone is freindly and managemnt is great, but there are not enought hours given to employes and sometimes an abundance of then go without any hours every week.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Nohours
Good environment, regular retail pay
Retail Associate & Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
The store I worked at was a good environment, the pay for entry level is minimum wage, which seems fair as the job is usually very relaxed. Pay raises are annual. Much better than most other retail jobs
Pros
Great people / environment
Only great for management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 January 2018
Working at Skechers you meet some really great people! At the Mcaurther glenn location schedules are very flexible!!

Sadly if you are looking for a job to support yourself, if you're not on the management team this isn't a great place to go. Only management team is hired at full time so working as sales means there is no benefits and vacation. Because you're hired as part time (no matter how many hours they say you'll get) they can drop your hours down to 16h or less a week.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours can be cut drastically
Always something to do.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2017
Work life/balance is based on company needs, not your availability so don't expect more than 15 hours a week... Salary is entry level so just above minimum wage. No security or advancement, they don't promote within they hire outside people to take on management positions so don't look forward to being promoted. Ever... Managers were fine, just sometimes they can be a little two faced, so just focus on your job and carry on with your day. Job Culture was easy, you spend most of your day sequencing boxes into shelves and making them look pretty. It's not a very hard job, just price change things, and make displays and try to sell people shoes. If you work there long enough, there's always something to do. I was so bored one day I ended up dusting and wiping down shelves, so you won't be bored here.
Pros
Productive work place always something to do
Cons
Wage is poor, no promotion within the company, no hours
A very fun workplace with amazing managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
A typical day as a sales associate would be welcoming customers, and asking to see if they were looking for anything particular or just browsing. If they need help with any of the shoes we give them some knowledge on the shoes that they are interested in as well as give them some extra options. We offer to measure feet and run to the back to grab their sizes. I have grown as a person working for this company and learned a lot of knowledge on all types of skechers shoes that I did not have prior to working there. All of the staff there are so friendly and awesome to work with and the managers are so approachable.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benefits
Good place to build experience and skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2017
Main job is to sell shoes and other accessories to customers. It's not commission based so the pressure isn't there to earn extra money. Other tasks include bringing stock from the backroom and pricing the boxes. It's a nice job to have while you're in school or looking to for a first job. The other staff members are really friendly and they make you feel welcome. But there are inconsistent hours and you never get two days off in a row unless you request days off, but that has to be 2 weeks in advance. This job requires a lot of patience as some customers can really be a pain or dealing with children.
Pros
Great Staff that creates a positive work environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours and not having two days off in a row
A lot of broken promises
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I was hired with the promise of promotion within 4 months and then after a year of being there I left because I got tired of being told “just be patient”.

The HR department is extremely lazy and refused to do their job. There were many incidences of a particular manager being verbally abusive towards staff and nothing came of it. If you stand up for your self then you became an HR target. I stood up for my staff and HR it seem like I was the guilty party. HR hides a lot of things from the regional manager and says they have spoken to him but in theory they don’t.

They allow good managers to walk out the door just so that they don’t have to deal with the bad ones. This company shoves “work like balance” down your throat but then refuses to allow you hat balance.

My DM was amazing and you could tell he was always trying his best but you could tell his bosses made his life difficult.
Pros
My staff were amazing
Cons
Hr, lack of promotion, no reviews or raises
Tiring
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
I learned retail skills here that helped me to excel at other retail stores. the job was very exciting at first, but got fairly tedious after a year. having commission on top of the hourly wage was great, but there was often simply too much to do, making the pay not exactly enough.
Pros
great relationship with coworkers and most of management, commission, discount off merchandise, lots of hours
Cons
hard to book time off, or switch shifts, lots of procedures and cleaning to do.
Amazing place to work at if you're looking for a casual part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Amazing people/management/salary. Can get hectic at times with customers but management is always ready to help and you work with amazing people that are hand picked to ensure they fit into the atmosphere.
Great place
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2017
Skechers is pretty awesome to work for. They have great managers and great high management teams. It is a very cool and easy going place to work for. Plus the discount is really good!
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Typical day would be

When working on sales floor:
Helping customers or cleaning the shelves

When working at the back:
Doing the stock or Cleaning the backroom

What I personally did not like was I've been working there for 2 years and I haven't had a raise or wasn't given a chance for advancement even though I had been helping others train and my knowledge with the company was on a high level.
Pros
Discount
Cons
little hours, sick calls, lates, Management
ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2016
this job is ok, not an amazing place to work at, rigid management, and very little flexibility for schedules, so that is that
Pros
commission, some nice people
Cons
commission, clique
Not Worth the Stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
Great Co-workers, bad work environment. Health & Safety etc were not set up properly. We did not have a H/S rep. No one knew what WHMIS was. CPR training was not offered.

Company needs more experienced people.

Company enjoys terminating employees without cause. Constantly 'Restructuring'.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
immature on a corporate level
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Nice management, everyone seems to be really kind. Most enjoyable part about working there was that I had the chance to work with a lot of my colleagues.
Pros
Very slack
Cons
No breaks except lunch break