Here to help: Coronavirus update

Skechers Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
Slow past and relaxed environment but completive
Sketchers was a very slow pasted job but highly competitive because on top of salary you also earn commission. Very relaxed environment and friendly people.
A great start for a career in management
I love working here and it brings challenges which test your skills as manager. I would suggest this place for people trying to start in management in retail. Upper management is very helpful and response on issues and store management team is very supportive.
Darren sucks
Manager is bipolar
Will make you not take breaks

Will belittle you infront of other staff

Gossips about staff

Picks favorites

Inappropriately makes advances at staff
Fun workplace
Lots of fun working here for the past few months. The management team is organized and prepared for the day. No question is a stupid question overall a great place to work.
workplace culture
The best managers and co-working are amazing. the workplace is so safe and comfortable. you can really grow and learn a lot, which would help you in the future and gives you plenty of experience.
very unprofessional workplace
Management is very unprofessional if they don't like you they will make it known. regular staff is friendly but its a lot like highschool. no one knows how to train you and they are manipulative.
Repetitive
Long long days here. Pays the bills. It is hard to add much in here as at current I do not have much positive to say and therefore, I will leave it at that.
Skechers
The level of excitement fluctuated throughout my time with the company. It's a fun, fast paced environment with customers who are very enthusiastic.
Operating the business can be very challenging. A motto of the company is "do more with less." There are many challenges that arise from trying to get more work from fewer employees. There are times where there are issues with replenishment, resulting in missing sizes and lost sales.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Skechers?
Fun and Engaging, and there is always something new to learn.
The company foundation is providing exceptional customer service to the clientele because we want the client to go home satisfied with perfect pair of shoes. While maintaining the standard of the company.
Working
I've enjoyed working at sketchers because I gained lots of experiece towards interacting with customers and seeing how work goes which is something I really enjoyed there
Skechers
Alright place to work. Hands tied hiring staff. Had to allow for the store profile to drop below the approved number. By that time it was too late to resolve a foreseen issue and one was then placed in the front of a sinking ship. Really bad upper management
Most enjoyable part of the job
The staff that I worked with were always close in one way or another, which made the shifts go by quickly. I enjoyed the friendships that I made through working here, but sometimes the job was too stressful.
Nice
Skechers was a nice experience for someone like me who loves to talk to clients and create bonds. It was often not as fun as other times and it would be a bit disappointing to not get along with coworkers, but a great experience nonetheless.
A good introduction to sales and business
The people are amazing, the job is tough and the pay is low for the tasks that are expected. A large company should invest in good workers and treat everyone fairly.
Amazing
I’ve been at Skechers for over 2 years and it’s one of the best jobs i have ever had. Amazing managers and amazing co workers pay is incredible we are pretty much a family, I’ve never regretted a day of working here I highly recommend the west Edmonton mall location!!
productive, somewhat fast work.
work is overall an enjoyable experience at skechers. the staff is very kind. do not expect full time work as a sales associate, however they welcome individuals moving up in the company.
Pros
there's popcorn on weekends
Cons
short staffed, yet not many hours.
Productive workplace environment
A typical day at work would be to stand in a way to greet the guests that come in. I learned about the product knowledge to better serve customers. Superiors would help where the could and answer all questions if asked. Hardest part of the job was meeting sales goals during dead hours. Most enjoyable part was to go out and eat with the team.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
stock days were tough
best staff I've ever worked with
The most friendly staff that encourage each other to succeed. Management is positive clean work environment fun place to work mainly because the staff make it fun. Easy to switch shifts every one covers for each other most of the time.
Supportive Company
I only worked at Skechers for a few months, however, during my time there, I always felt well supported and always encouraged to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone.

The staff have always encouraged me to keep my sales goals high and supported me during difficult times.

I would defiantly work there again.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Tough Sales Goals
Amazing place to learn valuable skills !
Have worked and grown so much within the company over the years. The management team is dedicated to your growth and success and will give ample opportunities to grow.

The only thing that could be better is their pay. Their pay is generally on the bottom half of the scale.
Horrible new management and unethical strategies
When I started at Skechers I worked under the best management possible, great head manager who cared about his staff and fantastic assistant managers. Recently there has been two different changes in management who both failed to live up to the level the previous management had been. They did not appreciate me or anyone who had been there for longer than they had. I had worked for Skechers for almost two years before resigning due to unfair treatment and unethical work strategies. I would receive 4 hours a week when others would receive 20+ hours a week. The manager would also not allow you to call in sick and would get mad if you didn’t find someone to cover your shift, even though it is their job to do so. They would tell you that even though you’re sick and on bed rest you still needed to come in.

If you are not a favourite don’t expect to be be treated fairly or praised for good work. The new management teaches new staff to deceive customers which is not what Skechers stands for.