Skechers Employee Reviews

For a huge company they didn't know what they were doing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
Skechers is one of the worst jobs i have ever had. My manager at the time was very inappropriate and was never held responsible for his actions. I was forced to quit for no reason and Human Resources did nothing about it.
Working at Skechers was great.
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2018
I loved Skechers. They provided me with great training and a widespread of knowledge about their brand of shoes. I have also learned a lot about sales.
Productive and Fun place to work with great company and staff
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
The best and my most favourite job, the employers are friendly and riven to help make you and the stores succeed. The company is flexible with it's hours and takes your availability into consideration, information is given all the time to ensure success in store.
Only great for management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 January 2018
Working at Skechers you meet some really great people! At the Mcaurther glenn location schedules are very flexible!!

Sadly if you are looking for a job to support yourself, if you're not on the management team this isn't a great place to go. Only management team is hired at full time so working as sales means there is no benefits and vacation. Because you're hired as part time (no matter how many hours they say you'll get) they can drop your hours down to 16h or less a week.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours can be cut drastically
Great Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
I've worked at many places before, but my job at Skechers has -by far- been the best one. Perfect for students looking for an awesome part-time. Skechers provides understanding coworkers, perfect workloads and great hours.
Was great to be part of the Management team
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 January 2018
Enjoyed working with the team that I had.

Main stores for the company went out of business and staff that was left in the main stores have been sent to other locations.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON21 December 2017
its a fun place everyones very understanding and flexible. they all care about each other, its a family there. people try to make the place feel like home.
Always something to do.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2017
Work life/balance is based on company needs, not your availability so don't expect more than 15 hours a week... Salary is entry level so just above minimum wage. No security or advancement, they don't promote within they hire outside people to take on management positions so don't look forward to being promoted. Ever... Managers were fine, just sometimes they can be a little two faced, so just focus on your job and carry on with your day. Job Culture was easy, you spend most of your day sequencing boxes into shelves and making them look pretty. It's not a very hard job, just price change things, and make displays and try to sell people shoes. If you work there long enough, there's always something to do. I was so bored one day I ended up dusting and wiping down shelves, so you won't be bored here.
Pros
Productive work place always something to do
Cons
Wage is poor, no promotion within the company, no hours
not enough management employee communication
Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
it can be fun and easy when everyone is able to do their job. there have been many occasions when managers have left the floor and left employees by themselves even when it is busy. the communication between management and employees is not very good. employees dont get enough credit. we almost never have christmas parties, there are favourites and it is clear to see.
Pros
it can be easy
Cons
too much workload for one person
Great Workpace. Loved it !
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2017
A typical day at work included a lot of lifting and helping customers on till. Skechers has a lot of standards from visual presentation to backroom stock. Everything was constantly changing and there was never a dull moment.
Upper management is really great at what they do but in store management needs some work.
Lack of training.
Pros
50% off shoes, First pair free
A very fun workplace with amazing managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
A typical day as a sales associate would be welcoming customers, and asking to see if they were looking for anything particular or just browsing. If they need help with any of the shoes we give them some knowledge on the shoes that they are interested in as well as give them some extra options. We offer to measure feet and run to the back to grab their sizes. I have grown as a person working for this company and learned a lot of knowledge on all types of skechers shoes that I did not have prior to working there. All of the staff there are so friendly and awesome to work with and the managers are so approachable.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benefits
Great retail experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
The company is incredibly well run. There is always new products and they fully stand behind their brand which is great to see with such a large company.

The treat their staff very well, and always make it feel like a team environment.
Great environment and fantastic store benefits, perfect place if an individual is looking for a challenging yet fun place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
Skechers USA Canada in Winnipeg Polo Park is a great workplace with great people. The company management is very helpful in letting employees grow individually and as a team. I started as a Product Specialist (sales associate) and got promoted as Assistant Manager because of the opportunities they provide and with the help of the management.
Pros
Part-time and Full-time Management positions, 50% off all products for friends and families, flexible hours, great management, great location
Good place to build experience and skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2017
Main job is to sell shoes and other accessories to customers. It's not commission based so the pressure isn't there to earn extra money. Other tasks include bringing stock from the backroom and pricing the boxes. It's a nice job to have while you're in school or looking to for a first job. The other staff members are really friendly and they make you feel welcome. But there are inconsistent hours and you never get two days off in a row unless you request days off, but that has to be 2 weeks in advance. This job requires a lot of patience as some customers can really be a pain or dealing with children.
Pros
Great Staff that creates a positive work environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours and not having two days off in a row
A lot of broken promises
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I was hired with the promise of promotion within 4 months and then after a year of being there I left because I got tired of being told “just be patient”.

The HR department is extremely lazy and refused to do their job. There were many incidences of a particular manager being verbally abusive towards staff and nothing came of it. If you stand up for your self then you became an HR target. I stood up for my staff and HR it seem like I was the guilty party. HR hides a lot of things from the regional manager and says they have spoken to him but in theory they don’t.

They allow good managers to walk out the door just so that they don’t have to deal with the bad ones. This company shoves “work like balance” down your throat but then refuses to allow you hat balance.

My DM was amazing and you could tell he was always trying his best but you could tell his bosses made his life difficult.
Pros
My staff were amazing
Cons
Hr, lack of promotion, no reviews or raises
Productive workplace
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Workplace culture is very dynamic. Very fun environment and allows employees to gain a lot of knowledge with products and consumer behaviour in general. Hardest part of the job would be changes in management with new rules.
great opportunity for employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I use to work at Skechers and it was a great experience. The work environment had friendly staff and good assistant managers. the employment gives 50% of shoes, socks and shoe care. Skechers provide lots of hours.
Pros
friendly staff, lots of hours, commission
Atmophere that puts customer service first
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
I've been working at this job for about a year and a half, many different things have happened during my employment here. We went through three store managers, many team members left, as well as weak members that forced my workers and I to re group and grow from it. It can have very slow days where it's hard to stay busy, and other times it's steady for hours; it can be very unstable.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
Unproductive shifts
Enjoying interaction with many variety customers
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
Talking with customers about the product we provide. I have gained a lot of confidence. Management is well organized with a safety and cultural environment.
Tiring
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
I learned retail skills here that helped me to excel at other retail stores. the job was very exciting at first, but got fairly tedious after a year. having commission on top of the hourly wage was great, but there was often simply too much to do, making the pay not exactly enough.
Pros
great relationship with coworkers and most of management, commission, discount off merchandise, lots of hours
Cons
hard to book time off, or switch shifts, lots of procedures and cleaning to do.