sk agencies

sk agencies Reviews: Working at sk agencies

Canada31 reviews

Very supportive environment

I've been with SK Agencies for almost three years now. The training is excellent and extensive. There is always support when you need it. There is a team culture where you can always find the help that you need when you need it. I'm now working from home, which is different, but can't be helped due to the circumstances of our world. I find clients are super gracious and happy to have the advice that we give. Our products are definitely competitive, not the cheapest on the market and also not the most expensive, but excellent quality always.The company has been protecting working families for 70 years this year. I'm proud to part of such a great company that is always changing for the better.

Pros

Pay, opportunity to travel, sky is the limit depending on what you're willing to put in

Cons

Takes time to learn when you first start, anywhere from 1 month to 3 months to be comfortable and confident on your own

Do you like to work with no pay? This is the job for you!

- CEO compared quitting to having an abortion. - They give Recycled leads that have been seen or do not want to be seen. The clients signed up for free stuff from their employer. We have to coerce the client into a meeting to then sneak the conversation of life insurance in there. -NO work/life balance. My direct manager would purposely message me on my days off to insure i was still thinking about work. -Pay can be revoked. The client gets 4 months to cancel (they do) and you have to pay the company back the money they paid you. aka.. you end up working a extensive hours for free. -Group chat goes off at all hours. If you mute the conversation and miss a message then you get in trouble.

Pros

non

Cons

LONG hours with horrible pay

Incredibly deceitful to new employees and essentially non-existent "management"

I was hired by this company in August 2020 and I have completed numerous amounts of interviews, zoom meetings, training programs (including acquiring provincial licensing, exams and related fees which are all paid out of pocket and add up to over $300) but have yet to earn a single cent due to extremely poor management and being told multiple flat out lies.They provided absolutely no support or instruction during the licensing process. Management (MGA's, regional directors, etc.) are all incredibly incompetent; for example, I was told in August when I was hired that it would take "no longer than a month to begin making sales with the company". Having been a manager in the past, I would NEVER disclose information to any of my employees if I am unsure of it. They focus far too much energy on trying to come off as a "cool" company to work for; as a result, the managers all act very unprofessionally and take up most of the meetings with bad dad jokes.

Pros

The POTENTIAL to make a decent amount of money

Cons

Requires provincial licensing: all related fees for this job that is paid out of pocket, No support or instruction during the licensing/training process, Requires multiple weeks of class training that is NOT PAID and improperly disclosed, Requires hours of homework and script memorizing on your own time, Management (MGA's, regional directors, etc.) are incredibly unprofessional

Hectic

STAY AWAY! They bring you in with a big group of others, rush you through training, throw you into selling as much as possible as many times as possible and make you sell sell sell until you cant anymore. They expect you to produce over and over each month or else they kick you out without warning. They expect you to work 7 days a week 12 hour days. When you are new, you get like 40% of your sales, but then 4 month later you get another 20%. You are also entitled to an annual renewal fee (trailer). I think they are trying to kick people out before the extra 20% comes and then they take that and the trailers off of everyone. that is why they turnover staff so fast and put so much pressure on. Bring them in train them pressure them then fire them. They lure you in with fun an inviting corporate atmosphere but then you quickly realize something is wrong.

Pros

Atmosphere (in the beginning)

Cons

Long hours, pressure, unethical

Opportunity Unlimited

Typical work day is setting appointments and running appointments for our clients. It couldn't be any simpler. Event though the job is easy to grasp, I've still learned so much about self management, working with teams, coordinating, goal setting, problem solving, and more. The culture at the office is very positive, competitive and uplifting. Its really great having access to so many top people in the company who work out of our Halifax office. The hardest part of this career is also the best part. This company provides those who stay with a lot of freedom. I think for a lot of people they are not used to that and I know it was hard for me in the beginning, strange as that sound. Honestly I would recommend anybody give this place a shot. Its been such a good fit for so many people of different backgrounds and experiences. In my mind the worst thing that can happen is that some applies and finds out its not for them. But on the flip side, they apply and find out this is exactly what they been looking for their whole life -high pay -residual income -awards -recognition -freedom

Pros

flexible, training, resources, niche market, renewals

Cons

early mornings and late nights

Highly competitive, Stressful, Rewarding

My experience is different from many, I worked closely with a director within the company who had guided and helped me in a lot of ways which i am extremely grateful for. I learned a lot of self development throughout training and starting now, i have now been here almost a year and would not work anywhere else due to the opportunity.

Pros

own hours, pay is next level

Cons

Finally found something that pays on effort

I’ve been with SK agencies for 2 years now and I couldn’t be happier. I have actually started several businesses in the past trying to obtain a future like this company not only gives me, but also gives me every tool and all the support to obtain. Before coming to SK Agencies I worked in people management for 18 years. Here they give you options, if you want to make a lot and you’re willing to put in the time and effort, the sky is the limit.

Pros

Unlimited opportunity

Best choice so far

I have been working with SK for 1 year now and my only regret is that i didnt take the chance and bet on myself sooner. This job really does allow you to live the Canadian dream as you work your own hours and get paid very well for it. Not to mention you operate as an independent contractor so the benefits of that alone are incredible. The work is not always exciting and it is a bit repetitive but at the end of the day its one of the easiest and by far the most rewarding position I have held in my 25 years of life. Also my management team and leaders are awesome, it helps to have good guys at the head of the ship you can mold yourself after, just being surrounded with the go getters that makeup the team here can do wonders for your self development. Would recommend to anyone who wants the best for themselves.

Pros

great pay good tax breaks help people

Cons

early mornings and dress clothes

Flexibility and Financial freedom

I have been with SK Agencies for over a year now and this career is the best decision I have ever made. Within my first 4 months i was promoted to management. As a single mom and I needed the ability to have flexible hours and make good money. What I got was an amazing support system, unbelievable amount of training and resources to help me become successful. I have learned so much about the financial service industry, protecting working families, and about myself. The amount of personal development I have achieved and the professional development is all because of the amazing management team we have. The culture of this company is something I have never seen, we are like family, not just co-workers!

Pros

Support, training, culture, financial freedom

Freedom Both Financially and Socially

If Your looking for a job That provides no ceiling on income. Accompanied with very flexible hours to cater any need you've found the right place. Working here has changed my life completely. People search for years to find a job that pays for effort and This one sure does! what i love about this job is actually being greatly rewarded for putting in the extra effort. Not with a pat on the back or a simple thank you, Actual financial reward coupled with a great work environment and a wonderful Management team makes this place the dream job for anyone willing to put in the effort.

Pros

Work Environment, No ceiling on income

Cons

Some long days

The Key To True Freedom

I've been with the company for just over two years. I would never look to work for another organization because no other workplace provides the opportunity that SK Agencies does in this area. Since starting with the company the amount of growth that I've seen in myself and the people around me is a fundamental reason why I love what we do so much. This agency provides you with unlimited opportunity with a culture unmatched anywhere. There is no limit to what you can achieve for yourself professionally, personally and financially. If you are a determined, self-motivated and disciplined person, you will be able to create the type of freedom and lifestyle that you've always wanted. This is line of work is not for everyone tho. The hours are long and can be hard. The ebbs and flows of life will add stress. Your ability to be tough, stay focused and work hard is key. Lasting with the company provides the most rewards the longer you're here. Would recommend it to anyone looking to change their lives forever.

Pros

Flexibility, Support, Unlimited Opportunity

Cons

Long Hours

Great place to work with a lot of competition

The company helped me grow as a person, develop my sales skills, time management and organization skills. I was able to take initiative and develop my skills through reading books, attending workshops and studying in my free time.

Pros

Unlimited opportunity, work from home

Opportunity Unlimited

There are many aspects of this career that are noteworthy, but among the aspects that lead me here would have to be the energy and the culture this organization has created. I have met some of my closest friends working with SK Agencies. I feel truly blessed everything single day that I am able to work here.

Pros

You will get out, what you put in.

Cons

You will get out, what you put in.

Unlimited Opportunity for both personal and career growth

I have been working with this company for over a year now and I will never look else where. I was unsure in the beginning about taking on a new role if I would progress as intended in my past jobs, however the company culture here exceeds my expectations in terms of support, continuous training, warmth, and direction. - If you want to have the opportunity to work harder and see an intimidate difference in your pay and self development, then this is the place for you. - This job is not for people looking to hangout somewhere for 8 hours a day and collect a pay every two weeks - If you are self motivated, enjoy schedule flexibility, have great time management skills, have a passion for growth, and even have a competitive nature - this career maybe for you.

Pros

Weekly pay, amazing culture, training, growth opportunities

Cons

If working hard with a high activity level scars you, might not be the right fit.

Opportunity Unlimited

After being with AIL Canada for well over a decade, I can say that this opportunity has changed my life. I knew that the experience and opportunity was important enough to work harder than I have ever worked before and that work ethic has elevated me to the position I am in today. The competitive environment has fueled me to stay at the top of my game for many years now, and allowed me the chance to pass my wisdom on to other agents as a leader for SK. If you outwork everyone, you cannot fail.

Pros

Atmosphere, job security, wages, opportunity, trips

Cons

Best job I've ever had without question!

There's an absolutely amazing culture within this company! Unlimited opportunity for advancement! You get paid what your worth, and there's nobody stopping you from reaching your financial goals. If you put in the work, you will get all the support you could ever ask for! It truly is the best job I've ever had, and I've made some amazing friends working here as well.

Pros

You are in complete control of how much money you can make, and you get the absolute best support from the management team if you are struggling!

Cons

There can be hard days... Don't let them get the best of you!

Exactly the opportunity I was looking for!

I have been with SK almost 2 years now. It has been beyond my expectations. Some things I like 1. All clients are provided 2. Build your career at your own pace. 3. Paid every week 4. Globe Life parent company is official insurance company of the Dallas Cowboys! Cool! 5. Can make HUGE money.

Pros

Work place culture, work from home, abiltiy to advance

Cons

If your not looking to work, dont bother coming here. Get a government job.

Fast paced with opportunity unlimited

Beginning my journey with SK Agencies has been an amazing adventure. The management team cares deeply about each individual agent, and their success! I have personally felt support on every endeavor I have taken in this company. The hours may be long, but the trade off is phenomenal. Being in charge of your own success makes the long hours worth it. With such a strong team of talented individuals it is hard not to advance and get where you want to be. You have no shortage of people to ask for assistance if you need it, the culture and team work that comes along with this job is incredible.

Pros

Fast paced, growth unlimited, atmosphere, management, benefits

6+ Year Tenure

I feel very blessed and lucky that I stumbled into this career after completing two years post secondary. It was the best decision I have made in my life. SK has an incredible leadership team and a very uplifting culture. At times things can be challenging but doing any worth while normally is. I have gained so many skills since being apart of the team that I wouldn’t of had the opportunity to have anywhere else. I highly recommend pursuing any of the career paths they have to offer.

Pros

Compensation, learning options, culture

Life changing

I was pretty hesitant at first to start something new, but after committing 17 years to a job and not getting anywhere, I figured I'd at least check it out. After the interview process, I decided to give it a try and thank God I did! I'll be honest, this isn't for everyone. But if you're willing to work hard, and be coachable, this career will change your life! Thank you AIL!!

Pros

Work life balance. Tons of recognition, support, travel, and prizes for your efforts!

Cons

Not really a Con, but you need to work hard.

Life Changing!

The opportunity here isn't for everyone. If you like the typical 9 - 5 job, working for someone else and waiting for dead mans shoes to progress, then this isn't for you. However if you feel like you work harder and out perform everyone around you, yet you still don't get the recognition and advancement opportunities you deserve, then this place is exactly what you are looking for. Expect to work hard and play harder. Expect to push yourself mentally so that you can achieve the peak for your success. The opportunity here is unlimited and that's not an exaggeration but it takes a certain type of person. You'll have a great support system here and every single person cares about your career, just as much as you do!

Pros

Fun, exciting, flexible and tests your abilities

Cons

Can be long hours depending on your goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at sk agencies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement