Here to help
Information from Sitel:

Sitel Employee Reviews

Canada500 reviews
Pretty ok
Since swapping from work at home its been pretty good. Can be quite stressfull as customers can be trying to get under your skin. Managment is good but training is very trial and error
Pros
Good staff, benefits, work at home.
Cons
Training, its a call centre.
Absolutely terrible place to be trained and work
The training is horrible. They have someone from across the world training you and it was the worst training I have ever been through. When you bring this up with the "coaches" that you don't know what you are doing after a week of "training", they brush it off and throw you into the fire. They also don't know what they are doing-it's a circus. Definitely don't work here.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything about this company
home
I work from home customer service answering calls helping with their products, payments, get time with the family which is good... work day shifts or night
I used to work for Sitel in Toronto Canada
Competitive

Training

Inbound / Outbound

Opportunity to grow

But it was Temporary contract in Canadian side

Should allow employees once in a month (overtime) work from home
Pros
Good place for advance ment
Cons
Temp job
frustrating workplace
the time I spent at site would've been better spent if I was better able to ignore the experiences of our customers long enough to get payments. it was difficult for me and when I had to take some personal time to handle my mental health, I was fired shortly after my return. the pay is good if you can maintain stats, still liveable if not, but they won't keep you around long if you don't so thats something
Cons
disrespectful management, inappropriate comments made by colleagues and the like
You Don't Want To Work There.
They pay comes every two weeks and always on time. Very low pay scale but you always get it.
Very stressful. You don't often hear the honest.Tell you to do one

thing to and something else by supper time.

It is like a revolving door with people coming and going. You never have many really good trained people to help because people leave too fast.
a bunch of white people are running this company
they can't find anything else than what they do. They are dumb , brainless and no education but they fake it make it losers.
When they interact with a person who are educated with university diploma they cannot deal and they can do whatever it takes to bring you down.

I cannot imagine now since Corona around and those workers won't show up and they must be almost closed down.
It’s a call centre with a numbers first mantra
The work at sitel depends heavily on your ability to be jostled around different clients. The environment is a high school like clique mentality including some of the leadership (team leads) all hr and harrasment issues are not resolved unless seen by a management member or another salary employee
Pros
You can move up “agent” roles quickly and good pay and benefits
Cons
High school environment, poor management, numbers mean everything
16 March 2020
Thanks for sharing your review with us.

As a Global Company, Sitel Group is committed to conducting business with a high standard of conduct and ethics, which we believe is critical to our success. With the objective of promoting a healthy work environment, all of our associates are invited to report any unusual situation direct to our ethics line (ethicspoint.com) keep in mind this is anonymous and you will be assigned a unique code called a "report key and after 5-6 business days, you can access the case for feedback or questions.

My review
I already submitted an anonymous reply to this position and that is why I didn't finish it. The workplace culture can be hard especially if you don't meet their quota & this was one of the reasons why I was dismissed.
Stressful job, for the amount of pay. Co-workers are friendly.
Feel underappreciated for amount of stress and verbal abuse from incoming customer calls. There is a definite division from floor workers, to coaches to supervisors to upper management. They promote advancement but if your numbers and stats are not up to par you will not move anywhere. You need to know someone if order to move anywhere.
just a over all placetowork
Sitel does nothing but lie to there employees, major law suit against them at this time the employees are grossly under paid for the type of stressful work that is done.
No comment
Work environment is failry relaxed but like any call center can be demanding in terms of performance. Examples include amount of time per call, amount of time customer is on hold, minimising dead air(not going too long without talking to customer), etc. Most customers are fairly pleasant but their are some that can be very irate and rude. This can be very stressful, have to have a thick skin and control your temper. Does feel good when you can help a customer and they appreciate your effort. Management and supervisors are supportive but do not always provide clear direction or are clear about proper procedure to follow when assisting customers which can be frusterating. Feel that attendance policy is unreasonable. Allows for approximately 5 sick days to be used in the course of entire year before displinary action is taken. I have worked for other companies that allow for same amount of sick days in a 6 month period before displinarian action is taken.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
unreasonable attendance policy
16 March 2020
Thanks so much for sharing detailed feedback with us.

We take these types of feedback very seriously as this helps us improve our associates' experience every day.

We are continuously implementing different development sessions with all our team members in order to facilitate a healthy and pleasant work environment.

Josué
Fast paced, new challenges daily,
Call center duties which were fast paced and extremely high volume.
Management was fair and willing to work with you.

Work culture was interesting and met a lot of fun and enjoyable people.
24 February 2020
It really makes us happy when our associates share their wonderful work experience in a public platform. !!!
Not a career but a job to have for a short time
Was at Sitel for about a year. Some people can work at call centres but the ones who have expectations and actual high standards for there selves will not do very Well. Just a gross atmospheric standard. Computers were always breaking down, but they did install new ones which broke down 5 percent less. For doing good work you’ll get pizza every single time and you’ll get fat. Once you leave you’ll be a productive citizen again don’t worry. Overall wouldn’t work there again but team leads were nice. Very clique like. Not in a good way. As I said stepping stone.. don’t loose touch of what’s really out there. You’ll be blinded by the everlasting calls of people yelling in your ear, and used to the feeling of sitting on your butt all day.
Pros
Decent benefits, leads did things for employees
Cons
Long, mentally draining, poor aesthetic need to hire someone who’s qualified for interior designing
16 March 2020
Thanks for sharing your review with us

Remember that Sitel provides different career opportunities to all our associates and you also develop life long skills such as: critical thinking, persuasion skills, problem solving etc.

Thanks so much for sharing your advise as this helps us increase our associate experience.

So so experience
I don't have much to say here, there were good days and bad day. I think you get out of it what you put in to it. There were some great people and some not so great.
24 February 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this honest review.
Awesome coworkers
Good place to work. Lot's of opportunity for advancement. good work life balance. great group of managers. vacation time is good. open door policy. overall pleased with company
17 February 2020
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values to put employee satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our employees. It is employees like you that make our job wonderful.
Had great co workers to see each day.
Sitel SJ was very large, offered free parking, and had some great amenities. I also had some wonderful co workers to interact with each and every day.
Call center
Sitel is a job that if you go to work and go home you might not hear the gossip or drama and sometimes coming from your supervisor. Never felt like a safe place to work.
19 February 2020
Thank you very much for taking your time out an leave us this honest note.
A lot of people to relate with
it is a big place so there is a lot of people but they also try to make the job competitive by answering more calls and getting the solution accurately with the customer very satisfied too
10 February 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this honest review.
Productive and fun place to work.
It was very good experience as it was my first call center I ever worked. However, our clients were from USA and they are also co-operative. Overall it was amazing experience and staff was so nice.
6 February 2020
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.
Relaxed environment but competitive and unreliable management
Keep your options open as management can be very unprofessional. You can be used and be mistreated without remorse. They are not friendly to Canadian Citizens who are adoptive from different cultural background