Sitel Employee Reviews

Found 433 reviews matching the search See all 8,201 reviews
Overall it was a good experience in the end
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 January 2019
Great salary for the work we had to do.
Well trained in a decent period of time.
Good environment to work in.
Management was unreliable and did not communicate the rules very well.
Rules were never the same and always being changed.
Pros
Long breaks, good pays
Cons
Unreliable management
was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 January 2019
It was hard answering phones and having the customers yell and scream at you all the time. But the people I worked with were all excellent. I was able to train new people coming in to work and assist with support.
A Fair company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2019
Sitel is a good place to work but wage is way to low, Management is there to assist you ant help when you need it. They do things for there employees and show them they are appreciated.
Pros
Convenient Location
Cons
Low Wages
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region21 December 2018
This is the company where I proved my self. I've been supporting agents to help them improve their skills and let them know more about the products that we're actually supporting.
Pros
Free meal, free shuttle
Cons
Travel time
Sitel is Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 December 2018
Bed Bugs, Fleas, Supervisors are not helpful to floor team and hypocrites when it comes to floor rules. You could ask 4 sups the same questions and get 4 completely opposite answers. Low pay, long hours. Did I mention the bedbugs and fleas? Horrible place to work. If you enjoy being itchy all day everyday while being yelled at by unpleasant customers because the companies that they campaign don't care about their customers then this is the place for you. I felt dead inside daily.
Pros
They paid you. Not always the correct amount but you get money
Cons
Bed bugs and fleas and horrible
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 December 2018
answering inbound calls for collections helping customers set up payment arrangements upselling on other services offered by the company answering billing questions
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 November 2018
Sitel is a fun atmosphere. Great coaches and support desk agents.its in a bus route its not too far out of the way. great spot to get some skills and make some cash doing it.
I feel like I can take on anything after getting pass working for this company
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  PH16 November 2018
Requires long hours and offers pretty average compensation. Its a good place for single people but I dont advised people with kids to work here, unless you really have great time management skills. I learned so much from this company though and Im thankful for that
Pros
Awesome training ground
Cons
Not the greatest place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 November 2018
When it opened in St Catharines in 2001 Sitel was an oppprtunity filled workplace. Unfortunately that has changed through the years. Sitel has seen better days.
travail productif
Agent de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 October 2018
trop de streese , et demande pas mal de patience avec les clients
Overall very poor place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 October 2018
Working in a call centre is very draining mentally. You sit there for hours upon hours (8 to 10 hours) just taking calls over and over about the same thing customers are very rude and are allowed to speak to you how they see fit. The management was by far the worst I have ever seen, they would disclose personal information to any 'friends' they had working there, rumours run crazy their and even going above them nothing was done. Overall it was terrible and I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Very highschool like environment, poor management, no privacy, no room for advancement
Its a call center what do you expect?
Telephone Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2018
Relentless phone work for hours on end.
Numbers and stats driven
you'll learn fast, because you have to.

You'll pray for a break just so you can stop looking at your screen and stop talking after a while..
Pros
its a job
Cons
life draining
the work was busy and sometimes overwhelming but overall ok.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work but was not very accommodating to necessary schedule conflicts such as daycare needs. I had to leave the company due to those schedule conflicts. The work was busy and mostly enjoyable but could become overwhelming at times. Overall I would recommend the company but would advise for people with an open availability.
Pros
cafeteria on site, parking available, bonus opportunities, benefits, help when needed from coaches and management.
Cons
not able to choose your schedule or work within any perameters, could be overwhelming, always pushed to sell product.
customer service
Call Center Agent and Senior (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 October 2018
That was my first calling center. People was very nice and funny. Team was working together. The management was always asking us for feedback. I didn't like the shift hours.
Pros
management
Cons
shift hours
Dont waste your time
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 October 2018
Pros benefit

con good luck getting shift u wanted and pay start and max been there 7 years and have got any extra moneys or btw if try to become a sup good luck as well because work if they like u and u doesn't get any extra money until have become a sup help, people, u get no extra pay so not wroth LEAVE WELL STILL CAN
Pros
benefit
Cons
low salary, pay freeze, they pick fave good luck making up in the company
wasn't the job for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 September 2018
I would answer calls for tech support. I learned that i do not do well at desk jobs. Management was ok but wasn't that helpful. The hardest part of the job was waiting to get another call.
A regular call centre environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2018
A typical day at work, Answered calls for Rogers customers regarding billing and tech support. It was fun while I was there but not something I would go back to.
Like a party gone bad...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2018
Sitel has lots of fun incentives, discounts and great medical benefits but the structure with in the center is far from fun... the trainers are nice but the managers are selective and bias. friends come first, hard workers second. Mangers will yell at you publicly on the floor instead of calmly speaking with you off the floor even if it is something minor like a purse on your desk. should spend more time improving employee habits instead of supeing up the break areas.
Pros
Free coffee, discounts at dominos and doolys, pool tables, computers in break-room, indoor shooting hoops
Cons
Poor management, occasional verbal abuse
Very stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 September 2018
I did not enjoy working for sitel, simply because the job was too stressful. Customers often would often yell at me when their bills were out of the ordinary.
Very unprofessional environment to work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2018
- Very challenging as priorities kept changing on a weekly basis without proper communication
- Poor management
- The most enjoyable part of the job was developing my team to become the top performing team on the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K