Sitel Employee Reviews

Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 August 2017
For a call center, it's what you would expect. It was a great job with excellent company culture. Made many great friends and enjoyed the work and many advancement opportunities, I would definitely work back there if contacted.
Busy call centre
IN-BOUND CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2017
Answering inbound calls from Capital One customers. Cross selling insurance. Very fast paced and have to learn alot of computer screens. Great pay and hours. You do encounter some hostile customers though.
Pros
Great pay, good hours
Cons
Hostile customers
Customer service agents (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CA26 July 2017
A typical day at work able to work with team attend team meetings, offer suggestions to improve company, great work place and pay is excellent and there is benefits
Don't do it unless you have to
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 July 2017
Sitel isn't for everyone, it isn't for most people really. The people you will work with are usually great but getting done what management wants is usually not possible and if you do get it done (which I could) they still aren't happy. The stress of the job ended up causing me to need prescribed medications, that is when I left.
Good money and health benefits
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region19 July 2017
A great learning experience. The company provides thorough training for their staff. Good working environment and Equal opportunity to everyone. No discrimination and awesome team to work with.
Pros
provides free health care, drama free work place
Cons
long hours, challenging rosters, night shifts and work on hollidays and weekends
nice nd great people to work with
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at Home17 July 2017
Customer Call Representative for Just Energy.
it is a work at home job and everything you need to work efficiently is provided by the Sitel.
I have learned a lot about dealing with the customer, what needs to say and how to achieve the goal of satisfying the customer.
the coolest part of this job is that I am working from home, so I don't have t worry about the weather condition.
Sitel
Incoming Calls Representatives (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 July 2017
Training was good. I thought anyways. Very different then actually being on the floor with someone yelling in your ear because someone did g do there job right.
Pros
Paod training
Cons
Werid hours
This job is a numbers game .
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 July 2017
Depending on the department your working for will determine your duties that will be expected of you.Each department will have different time that you will have to meet for each phone call you take.
Pros
Fast paced, competitive work place .
Cons
If you don't keep your numbers high then you may not last there.
Fun and exciting place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 July 2017
the culture was very upbeat and the employees engaged in many fun activities while doing our job. I worked in TECH support and very much enjoyed dealing with product and assisting clients who were having issues with their phone
Pros
fun
Avoid at all costs
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 July 2017
There are dozens of call centres in the niagara region, this is the absolute bottom of the barrel.
If you are looking to work in a call centre, if you have transportation to get to literally any other call centre in the region, do it. This is the absolute worst.
Working in a call centre can be stressful, but "it could be worse, you could be at Sitel", is a common phrase you'll hear at other call centres in the region.
Bad management, awful working conditions, atmosphere of despair, computers don't work most of the time, employees treated as sub-human but customers and management.
Great opportunities
DATA TECH AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 July 2017
Working for St.Catharines Sitel was great. I wasn't there for too long but while I was there I received everything possible to be a successful employee. The trainers are patient and willing to help.
I left this job because during my interview I had said that my knowledge of electronics was a two out of ten and yet they put me into the data tech group. I felt overwhelmed trying to help customers with their problems when I had zero idea what a modem or router was. There was also intense pressure to make sales, which doesn't scare me, but I was unsuccessful because every time I would offer a customer a potential sale item, they would bite my head off indicating that they had no interest in purchasing something when what they had didn't work. I felt an incredible amount of anxiety due to the pressure to make sales that I left. I was also yelled at by one of the floor managers because of my lack of sales.
Pros
benefits; training; night work premiums
Cons
intense pressure from all levels of management to make sales
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 July 2017
Sitel was my first Call Center company I worked with. It thought me the american culture and types of american customers since I was talking to American people via phone, email and chat.
A very good company and very good working culture
Guest Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Eastwood, ON29 June 2017
Sitel is avery good company,well equipped with great employees, managed by good owner, and with good working habits. A good environment to work with,a home away from home.
Pros
Free food for overtime work
Call center was customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 June 2017
the Mangement was very friendly and easy to approach. Good place to work . Always willing to help and find a solution to an problem that may come up
Pros
friendly
Cons
shift work
un climat de travail agreable
Agent de service à la clientèle de Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 June 2017
l'opportunité pour tous les agents d'avoir des postes administratifs qui leurs permets de mettre leurs talents à l’épreuve.
It was an okay place to work
Inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2017
It was okay. I didn't work at Sitel for long, due to being pregnant and having health issues. They did try to assist so i could continue to work, but my health issues did not improve.
A global corporation
Trainer/CSP (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Some of the call centers around the world are having issues due to the lack of adequate management, loosing contracts that provide employment to large quatitites of individuals.
Pros
Provides temporary jobs to large amount of people
Cons
Turn around is greater than usual
Working at Sitel
Customer Service (Tech Support) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Typical day was generally slow moving, I learned stress management while working, Management was always good and willing to help, Hardest part of the job would of been being forced to sell products to customers calling with broken equipment and the easiest part of the job was sitting there all day.
Comfortable Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philippines11 June 2017
In my work as a Customer Service Representative. as a employee we are very comfortable with our daily routine at work, I learned how to handle customer with care and give them complete satisfaction. Manage is Good to consider because day give the needs of the agent specially with benefits. We have different culture special in the Philippines, The good thing we always help each other and we work as a team. Hardest part of my job is in countering Customer's that is usually has a problem with there purchase, this is our job to make them satisfy and to assist them regarding there purchase to give them complete satisfaction. And the most enjoyable part of my job is Learning new skills to have a better opportunity for promotions.
Contact centre
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 June 2017
Got hired as customer service rep after two month got transferred to sales department and sold Internet/ cable/ telephone. Made roughly 10 sales a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.