Sitel Employee Reviews

Found 443 reviews matching the search See all 8,869 reviews
So much fun with all the activites we did
Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 May 2019
I loved working for Sitel was a great job, however life happened and I had to quit the job. They were so good there, the benefits, the vacation, the pay, everything was great.
Pros
Incentives
na
High Speed Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 May 2019
not a good place to work, its out sourced so you make way less then you would if you worked for the actual company they are subbing from and they take shortcuts
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  333 Ontario st6 May 2019
No job security and benefits could of been better .. the raises we got were taken away when the minimum wage went to $14 an hr and no advancement for moving up in the company
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Management wasn't the greatest
Terrible Place to work!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
This place was by far the worst place I have every worked. It is a 3rd party call center with little to no empathy where the employee is concerned. I'm not sure if this has changed but for the time that I was there, that was my experience.

The work was go go go with little to no reward, and the Salary was terrible. I don't recommend this employer.
Good Company
Mentor & Internet Data Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines21 April 2019
Good team environment, great coaches, metrics depending on the campaign can be tough to meet. Pay was based more on what the customer was will to negotiate.
A great place to work and had fun times.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 April 2019
A fun place to work. We all helped each other and the managers were great. Very competitive as we had to earn our time shifts. They gave us all the help we needed. I answered the phones. Handled customer complaints. Tracked their orders and refunded their orders if they were lost. The hardest part of the job was if I got a customer and couldn't' help her. That only happened once. The workplace culture was great. The most enjoyable part was after I had helped a customer they thanked me for doing a great job. I learned how to track orders and how to help my customers better. We were given incentives to be able to get the shifts we wanted. I worked with people from different cultures and learned about their lives.
Pros
free parking great managers
Cons
Handling very irate customers.
Typical Global Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick18 April 2019
Unwilling to make exceptions to policies to assist me in being a better agent.

Asked several times for equipment to make me better at my job and was openly refused, unless a doctor took the time to say it was needed.

Old equipment; chairs, desks, computers. H$ll, the entire building leaks and needs constant repair.
Pros
A Job
Cons
Another Call Center
Simple job customer service
Agent, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2019
It was customer service straight and forward.
Great to be around the co-workers , it's a good place to start in customer service and learn the ins and out of what it is to be on the phone .
Pros
co-workers
Cons
micromanagement
Call Centre Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 April 2019
Call centre environments change constantly and I was employed there more then 10 years ago so my review might be outdated. Was on a contract for HP Printers at the time. Training was great, Managers were great and no micromanaging. Pay was over minimum wage at the time.
Pros
Great Coworkers & Managers
Cons
Call Centre
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 April 2019
Good company, liked working there.I was a lead hand and enjoyed building guns, servicing tools, stabbing on and off the well. Enjoyed supervising other operators.
do not work here
Inbound contact agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 March 2019
if you want your work to feel like high school complete with cliques and bullies in management feel free to apply to this place also they will let you go when you ask for the raise promised at 1 year of employment.
Pros
bonuses but theyre gone now
Cons
basically everything
Loved the environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 March 2019
It's very unfortunate that this site closed down when it did. I truly enjoyed the work environment as well as the job expectations. Fast paced but fun.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
The site closed down
Sitel review
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON12 March 2019
Sitel was a callcenter, and callcenters are generally terrible places to work. Call volume was high, we were constantly understaffed and customers were always angry.
over all great summer job for students
Customer Service Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 March 2019
Overall a great place to work. I'm a student and worked there for the summer and received full time hours with 40+ a week, earning $15 an hour. 10 sick days allowed no penalty and benefits offered after 3 months full time employment. They offer either an 8 hour shift 5 times a week or a 10 hour shift 4 times a week. Wouldn't recommend as a long term job due to the repetitiveness involved that can easily mentally drain the staff due to sitting down in front of a computer screen for the whole duration of your shift. Management often set unrealistic expectations of phone representatives. An example is their rule of keeping customers on hold for only one minute at a time, which is reasonable except for the fact that the support team they have walking around to help you with calls usually takes about 3-4 minutes to get to you, resulting in the agent having to put the customer on an off hold several times during a call before getting a resolution, often leaving a customer irritated. Calls get monitored and scored, often were very harsh on grading calls.
Pros
good hours, high salary, benefits, generally easy and adaptable
Cons
repetitive, no much room for growth, unrealistic expectations
Sitel closed so no choice was necessary.
Phone Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 February 2019
Wasn't a bad job but not what I want to do for a career. The center closed so I didn't have to choose. The atmosphere was good.I have nothing further to tell you.
Csr
Visa International Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montreal21 February 2019
I started my work life here, and learned alot about being a customer service rep. They were great people, and taught me a lot. Also worked during a crazy time during a fifa world cup, for traveling visa card holders. Learned to master many languages fast.
Very fun productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  SiriusXm Radio7 February 2019
Loved the job but unfortunately had to move back to saint Stephen for personal reasons. Really fun job & best people to work with. Thank you for the experience!
Pros
Commission
Site Closed
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 January 2019
unfortunately the location that I worked at is now closed. We were a call center for Rogers Wireless. It was an inbound call center that provided both customer service and technical support.
typical call center enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 January 2019
training is good but one you get on the floor get ready to be swore at on an almost daily basis and sitel lets the shoppers and customers get away with it.
managers promote butt kissers.
management put in a "bonus" pay but made it so hard to get that it is almost impossible unless you are a butt kisser.
unreal expectations
disipline you by email instead of personally talking to you.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
no free coffee.
Good call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 January 2019
Sitel was an organized and productive workplace. My only issues with it were sanitation, I found the keyboards grimey. The work itself though monotonous, was rewarded with ancillaries.
Pros
Good sales bonuses
Cons
Dirty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K