Sitel Employee Reviews

temp
Customer service (Former Employee) –  st Lawrence BLVD10 April 2018
I enjoyed my experience there. I filed toke calls made appointments. Super nice clients and employees. Over all I learn a lot there as well the workers did go beyond what they should to help you feel comfortable.
nice experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 March 2018
Nice staff and good training, you can advance after a few years. The job however was not a good match for me and my docile demeanor. Would recommend to people as a desk job.
Customer satisfaction keeps Sitel running, but sales keep it profitable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 March 2018
I am a university student and I worked at Sitel Saint John for my summer job in a pinch, because my plan was changed last minute.

I was able to complete the training fairly quickly and had to wait around for quite a bit for my class to catch up, no complaint there, as the training was paid full time. As long as you are decently intuitive with computers (e.g. younger people), you can navigate the albeit quite outdated system easily indeed. The training class had a good atmosphere, Steve is an easygoing instructor.

I worked in the billing department for a US telecommunications company, outsourced to Sitel. Customer service care is a story of its own. The job itself isn't erroneously terrible. As long as you don't take the angry customers (and there are angry customers) personally, you'll be alright. It does take some getting used to, being a "professional stress ball" that stands between the corporate and the end customer can be emotionally draining, you need to be used to regulate your emotions.

The real sales culture comes out of the shadows when you are placed on the phone with the customers. Despite being "billing only", you are encouraged to push for sales opportunity for each phone call. This is then later evolved into that you are expected to push for sales for each call. The coaches (different from trainers) say that they are there to help you with anything, but they are really placed there to nag at you every day until the end of on the job training to have you sell customer telecommunications services. Often times, the customers have no need of these services,
  more... but you are expected to make attempts to sell ANY products you can, even to elderly customers or customers that clearly want their prices reduced, not increased.

You are expected to advertise and promote to sell products whenever you can - during customer "care" billing calls. Even if the product they are promoting are essentially flawed and completely uncompetitive - most of the people in my class struggle to make sense of some services they are providing. Your performance is measured by the metrics of sales and your future at Sitel depends on sales, not customer satisfaction. You won't succeed here if you want to retain your moral decency - the managers do not care about how you feel about what you do, only about bringing sales unit to the charts.

The atmosphere may seem homey - your peers are as friendly as acquaintances get, but the management is dominated by corporate metrics and sales numbers - and sometimes outright greed. You should always be on the lookout for better opportunities because everyone is here a for a transitional job. This job is stressful and unrewarding, and truly, reminds me how lucky I am to have the opportunity to pursue a higher education.
Pros
Low entrance threshold
Cons
Forced corporate sales culture
Good experience
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 March 2018
positive environment, with friendly and approachable management. heavy call load and some difficult customers. requires patience and good communication skills.
Pros
flexible environment
Cons
heavy call load
My first company
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region5 March 2018
This was my first company and had no experience in the industry when I applied. I was really glad they still accepted me and gave me a fair offer when it comes to salary package.
Good place to build transferable skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 March 2018
Good place to discover individual capabilities. If desired you can get the opportunity to learn a good deal about sales and different areas of operations as you move along the ladder
Pros
decent starting place
Cons
lots of favouritism
Not so great an Enviroment
Coach Track Training (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2018
Training was good and I knew what was going on when i hit the floor to do the calls, however things kept changing almost on a weekly basis. Things from what you could make for bonuses and how to get them. I even found the coaches and trainers were confused a lot of the time.
Great except for management switch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 February 2018
I loved this job throughout the whole experience. Great pay, company culture, flexibility, and benefits. The only thing that made me quit was when new management came in and wouldn't honor my previous agreement which I was told would be kept no matter what. Made me feel like they didn't value the amount of work and excellence I put in.
Like a prison sentence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 February 2018
Monitored from the time you log into the building. Constant criticism daily. Try to clone you as a super sales person. Sit on the edge of your seat every day you work here and hope that you wont get that tap on the shoulder. I have never ever seen more of a revolving door and people on leave of absence than at this place. You will do much better if youre a smoker. If not, RUN RUN RUN. as fast as you can!
Pros
Cons
everthing
Uncaring and aggressive
Data Tech Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 February 2018
I worked at Sitel for 3 months and 1 day. After 3 months of training I did my first shift on the floor and quickly learned that we had not been taught proper procedures. Due to limited floor staff customers would become agitated and floor staff would get mad at employees for being unable to tend to client needs efficiently.
You are required to push sales, obviously, however I don't believe that situations where customers have passed away are an appropriate time to ask if said family member would like to take over the account because of an excellent grandfathered package. This happened on my first day and I was sat down right after my call ended to discuss how I could have approached the situation to make the sale. I quit walking in on my second day. This job is stressful and chaotic. It is not for everyone.

I was also informed, after taking a sick day, that my absence cost the company money as they had to call in extra staff.... Made absolutely no sense as the staff would have been paid the same amount as myself...
Pros
3 months of paid training (depending on client)
Cons
Literally every thing else.
Corrupt and Depressing
Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 February 2018
From the day you start till your last call, you will likely question the life decisions you made in life that lead to sitting in your broken chair with finger scratches in the arm rests and pieces of foam missing from the seat.

Training is a nightmare. The "learning specialists" barely know how to take instructions themselves, nevermind being able to pass along the crumbs of knowledge their clients provide. The desperate and immature pool of trainees also make it impossible for the odd professional they hire to withstand the slow and painful process.

Their ads both internal and external constantly preach that Sitel is a place to "start your career" and that experience is "shared" however the reality is that you likely be stuck in a dead end position unless your willing to stretch your ethics so thin that a former personal injury lawyer would question their moral compass. That is if they have any openings at all as they struggle to maintain any new business. More butts in seats, not offices is their only recruitmenr objective.

For those who you must deal with that have weaseled their way into some level of management, this is by far the worst factor of all. Almost all in the select group are rotten to the core. The actions/statements witnessed and personally experienced are so vile I can't even share them on this platform. If you try to acknowledge your rights under the ESA and the human rights code, they'll go to roots even as despicable as to exploit aspects of the #MeToo movement or attempts to bait you into a physical confrontation out in the parking lot as if
  more... you were back on the playground in grade school. Only to have HR bully you into surrender as they defend management at all costs.  less
Pros
Close to lunch options and bus route.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, Horrible treatment from management, General lack of leadership, No opportunity for advancement.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 February 2018
good place to work for the first 6 month then they lose interest in you they say they understand your life style but when comes the time you need off they cant help you when my wife gave birth to my second child they refuse to give me some time off
Uncaring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 February 2018
Very uncaring place to work. They expect a lot with very little training. They don't give a lot of opportunities unless you click with management and hang out with them outside of work.
Pros
Cons
to many
Simple and potentially lucrative work offset by dismal atmosphere
Billing/Account Services Outsource Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2018
Working at Sitel provides many interesting opportunities to bolster one's sales skills and satisfactory training, but a bleak and soulless workplace with no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
On-site gym and showers, comission
Cons
Low morale
Provides works to many
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 January 2018
-It was nice environment, and hours are flexible

-stat pays were better than so many other places

-Allows overtime almost always

-stressful part was to keep talking to customers over phones 8 hours a day
Fun workplace with pool table
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 January 2018
At Sitel I learnt to become more manageable with my timing with taking calls and helping customes with their needs in a timely manner and multi tasking multiple computer programs for the job
Pros
Snacks at our desks
Cons
Long Hours
Not a fun job
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
A difficult job to swallow being on the phone, taking hundreds of calls a day. Most are people are in despair with their product and cal escalate quickly, making it not a very rewarding job.
sitel
Billing sales agent specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 January 2018
sitel was an alright spot to work but they were very shady and never followed through with what they said i worked there for almost 3 years and i enjoyed my wo workers but everyting else about the place is crocked
This place sucks all around
None (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 January 2018
I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Anyone thinking of working there don't Sitel has the highest turnover rate I have seen anywhere even fast food restaurants don't do it if you are thinking about it.
Enjoyable workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 January 2018
We have a lot of activities, games and theme days. Happy and approachable team leaders and managers. Team Leaders provide regular feed back to improve performance.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K