Sitel Employee Reviews

travail productif
Agent de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 October 2018
trop de streese , et demande pas mal de patience avec les clients
Overall very poor place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 October 2018
Working in a call centre is very draining mentally. You sit there for hours upon hours (8 to 10 hours) just taking calls over and over about the same thing customers are very rude and are allowed to speak to you how they see fit. The management was by far the worst I have ever seen, they would disclose personal information to any 'friends' they had working there, rumours run crazy their and even going above them nothing was done. Overall it was terrible and I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Very highschool like environment, poor management, no privacy, no room for advancement
the work was busy and sometimes overwhelming but overall ok.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work but was not very accommodating to necessary schedule conflicts such as daycare needs. I had to leave the company due to those schedule conflicts. The work was busy and mostly enjoyable but could become overwhelming at times. Overall I would recommend the company but would advise for people with an open availability.
Pros
cafeteria on site, parking available, bonus opportunities, benefits, help when needed from coaches and management.
Cons
not able to choose your schedule or work within any perameters, could be overwhelming, always pushed to sell product.
customer service
Call Center Agent and Senior (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 October 2018
That was my first calling center. People was very nice and funny. Team was working together. The management was always asking us for feedback. I didn't like the shift hours.
Pros
management
Cons
shift hours
Dont waste your time
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 October 2018
Pros benefit

con good luck getting shift u wanted and pay start and max been there 7 years and have got any extra moneys or btw if try to become a sup good luck as well because work if they like u and u doesn't get any extra money until have become a sup help, people, u get no extra pay so not wroth LEAVE WELL STILL CAN
Pros
benefit
Cons
low salary, pay freeze, they pick fave good luck making up in the company
wasn't the job for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 September 2018
I would answer calls for tech support. I learned that i do not do well at desk jobs. Management was ok but wasn't that helpful. The hardest part of the job was waiting to get another call.
A regular call centre environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2018
A typical day at work, Answered calls for Rogers customers regarding billing and tech support. It was fun while I was there but not something I would go back to.
Like a party gone bad...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2018
Sitel has lots of fun incentives, discounts and great medical benefits but the structure with in the center is far from fun... the trainers are nice but the managers are selective and bias. friends come first, hard workers second. Mangers will yell at you publicly on the floor instead of calmly speaking with you off the floor even if it is something minor like a purse on your desk. should spend more time improving employee habits instead of supeing up the break areas.
Pros
Free coffee, discounts at dominos and doolys, pool tables, computers in break-room, indoor shooting hoops
Cons
Poor management, occasional verbal abuse
Very stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 September 2018
I did not enjoy working for sitel, simply because the job was too stressful. Customers often would often yell at me when their bills were out of the ordinary.
Very unprofessional environment to work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2018
- Very challenging as priorities kept changing on a weekly basis without proper communication
- Poor management
- The most enjoyable part of the job was developing my team to become the top performing team on the floor
Innovative with a lot of room for growth within the company.
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 September 2018
Teaches you the values and skills for professionally dealing with customers during times of distress, as well as over-the-phone customer service support.
Ambiance de travail
AGENT DE TELEMARKETING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2018
J'ai adoré mon passage chez sitel ou régné un extraordinaire ambiance de travail ,je travaillais de soir ,cette equipe était sur toute formée d’étudiant ou des personnes universitaires ,ily' avait un respect entre tous les collègues. Quelle équipe!
Pros
Respect au travail
Cons
Pas d'assurance collectives
Sitel
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 August 2018
Overall the atmosphere is pretty laid back. I love the people I work with. I have worked in two other call centers The first I loved too. The second one after years just became unbearable to work for. My present location is better.
benefits
Cons
stress levels are through the roof sometimes
Ugh
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 August 2018
Management has no idea what abuse we agents took on the phone. They have unrealistic expectations and criteria you have to hit to make bonus and quality on your calls. They are supposed to be taking calls for a few hours a month and never do. There is no help beyond fix this, you arent doing it right. The calls coming in are getting worse daily. Unless you are a favorite or a butt kisser, they will not help you. They are useless.

The only real good thing about being there is the benefits and health insurance, the friends and relationships I made.
Management should focus on their incentive programs.
Industry Support (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region9 August 2018
It was fun working with Sitel at first then while you were doing everything to reach your goal then the management will hold your rewards until you get tired of waiting and eventually resign from your post.
Data/Video Tech agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 August 2018
I used to love going in and working for Sitel, but when management changed and they started being more difficult and less understanding that life and school interferes with work. They began to fire a bunch of workers leaving the rest of us to work mandatory over time.
Then they proceeded to close down my main department as data tech and train us all in video BUT expected us to still take internet calls, more work with the same pay. Not too long after we all got switched over they declared to close that department and move us to COMM center, ONLY before all of us could change over, they decided ti get rid of comm center and divide us into other departments that weren't let go.
angry costumers
Connection agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 July 2018
job was not my favorite, customers are always mad about there debt. good boss though he was nice and friendly. workplace was clean and friendly. 8 out of 10.
Pros
computer room
Cons
difficult customers
Everyday was the same
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 July 2018
The job was exactly the same. There were only minor differences made on occasion. There was very small chance for advancement. Another regular call center job.
Underpaid, but great job security
Assist and consult small business owners (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 July 2018
I have learned a lot in terms of my customer service skills, but still seek a more fulfilling position as a permanent career. I feel that the work is underpaid (only $1 above min. wage), but the benefits are good. The culture in the workplace is another great asset to the company, as they do their best to make a call-centre job as enjoyable as it can be. The hardest part of the job is feeling under-appreciated by our customers at the end of the day.
Pros
Fun days - themed lunches, beach days, bbq's
Cons
Very strict hours, no lenience with schedule changes/flexibility, underpaid, stressful
Great work place
technical support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 July 2018
Sitel is a great place , the hardest part of sitel was working over the phone with customers who yell and scream , sitel is a great place to get to know others and start a new career.
Pros
Paid brakes
Cons
Long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K