Sirius Computer Solutions Employee Reviews

Welcoming environment with helpful management and good work/life balance
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX15 April 2019
As an IT Intern at Sirius, I was given a welcome balance of education on the different departments in IT and gaining real experience performing work to provide value to the company. Management was understanding, helpful, and efficient. Also, popcorn Fridays!
Great working environment
Branch Administrator(temporary) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE27 February 2019
Very friendly team. Very good communication between administrative team and sales team. There were many opportunities for advancement. In a full time role, the benefits were amazing.
Poor balance and focus on business growth over all else
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX5 February 2019
When I worked at Sirius, teams were perpetually understaffed, with operations teams working 60+ hour weeks just to keep business processes running. In spite of that, the company was glacial in hiring new people, even as consultants left for less monolithic consulting companies. Slow to change but constantly focused on growing the business side. In spite of that growth, there wasn't a lot of opportunity for personal growth or advancement, and people were often stuck in transitional positions for years while the company figured out how to structure itself.
I work remotely for a client
Z/OS Mainframe Communications Server Consultant (Current Employee) –  remote15 January 2019
Working as part of the mainframe technical team allows for flexibility and creative input with a great team of professionals. I am able to utilize my 25+ years of communications skills to compliment the existing team to promote projects and problems.
Inside Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX8 January 2019
Great place to work out of college. Benefits are great. Compensation is pretty low compared to other IT companies. Management teams are great and willing to help you achieve success.
Pros
Benefits, Manager, Sales Team
Cons
Compensation
Lack of communication company-wide
Branch Administrator-PT (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL2 January 2019
Management is poor at communication and sharing information regarding changes and issues. Lack of management involvement in day to day operations and availability of one's manager.
Well organized place with lots of opportunity
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA27 November 2018
Comprehensive solution offerings allow for wide range of work possibilities.Innovation encouraged. internal processes ensure quality and consistency. lots of learning opportunities
Work conditions
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE23 November 2018
Working at Sirius (SMS) was a great experience.Management was always resposive as in an "open door" policy". When coverage was needed, employees always stepped up and covered so the customer was never lacked assistance and jobs were ran on time per SLA.
Pros
Great coworkers
Productive, fast paced.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL1 November 2018
Good team to work with, fast paced, good management. very secure building. Detail oriented business process to complete daily duties. Good communication between co-workers.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Company has amazing potential
CYBER SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Remote19 September 2018
Your Sirius experience will be highly dependent on which group that you’re working with. My experience with Sirius had me working with one of the best managers I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, and one of the most arrogant, uninformed, self-centered managers I’ve ever encountered.
One of Sirius’s biggest pluses is also one of its biggest negatives. It’s growing exponentially. But that growth carries with it the unfortunate side effect of young inexperienced managers being put in positions that they aren’t ready for.
Pros
Getting to work with first rate coworkers
Cons
Lack of proper training for managers
nice place to work.
CONSULTING SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX5 September 2018
The hours started to be a problem. I was working with the west coast office witch required me to work 10-7. It make to hard for our growing family. People were very nice. left on good terms.
Pros
nice working place
Cons
bad hours
Great Place to work
RENEWAL SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX24 August 2018
Pros and Cons within every company, its all about what you make of it. I had a AWESOME manager at Sirius which made the company, the work, the team, and atmosphere a great overall experience
Treated me well until the end.
Senior Storage Engineer - Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 August 2018
Sirius is a great company and was good to me until the work in my area of expertise ran out. They provided me with training and certification opportunities and were very fair.
Growing company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 July 2018
This is a company that is not stranger to a fast-paced. There are lots of opportunity to work remotely, but also you may expect a fair amount of travel
I am new to this company
Security Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX20 June 2018
I am new to this company. So far I am pleased with the culture and the resources provided to me and for my clients. The company is helpful to new people and everyone has been inviting, friendly and helpful as I am learning this new company and role.
Nice Job if you are not looking for advancement
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX1 April 2018
Nice place to work for mother's and people who have elderly parents and need to sometimes work from home. if you are career oriented and are looking for advancement , you may be able to if you get in their click.

there is a high employee turnover in most departments. some managers are truly lacking management skills. they may know Sirius business but their people skills are way off.

actions speak louder than words. their core values are just words not really followed by management.
Fast Pace
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX14 March 2018
Very fast paced environment. Lots of growth, be prepared to fly without direction. Overall, fun company if you are self started and take the initiative to go beyond.
Pros
antonmy
Cons
A great company that utilizes your skills and knowledge,
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO10 February 2018
Support the sales team and office personnel by making sure they have the supplies, equipments, and resources to do their job. Connect online with a very diverse employees company wide. Love it when we get the opportunity to connect face to face.
Too much pressure/too much work
Agile Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX8 February 2018
Too many acquisitions have created a pressure-cooker situation for the IT department and the PMO. The bonus structure benefits only Director level and above. They low-ball all salary decisions, and the award system creates an unhealthy competition among the very dedicated employees.
Pros
Decent cafe on-site, free covered parking.
Cons
Too much pressure/ too many projects in flight
Relaxed and slow work paced
Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 February 2018
No planning, organizing or communication between the team. Work was boring, very repetitive, not challenging. Work life balance was good. Very relaxed.