Sinton Transportation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Turnover rate poor horrible
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Bartie15 June 2018
Care more about making a profit once you're on the road you're on your own the pay is terrible for the work that you do . If you're close to management, you get lots of charters most buses have defects not fixed
Pros
Love the kids and they love you back
Cons
Need to pay their drivers what they're worth
bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 March 2018
Drivers are to do a daily circle check of their vehicle. Then according to a route given by the board of education, drivers are to pick up children and take them to school, and at the end of the day pick them up after school and take them home. Management it would seem from one bus company to the next is all the same. They don't treat their drivers very well. The best part of the job was to have all the holidays and summers off.
Pros
All school holidays and summers off
Cons
Split shifts
Fun Place to Work all the staff know my name
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 December 2017
Its a great feeling, I was in the mall and a couple of my students I bring to school stopped with their parents to introduce. Clearly making me feel proud of my students and the positive influence I have on them..
Pros
Very Rewarding
Cons
I enjoy my Job
Works great with my other job !
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 November 2016
I get regular scheduled hours driving the school bus which is great because I can easily fit my other job as an Uber driver around & between these hours.
Pros
Regular hours
Moody and rude management
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON1 November 2016
Pay errors, decaying bus fleet, rude foul-mouthed manager, head office doesn't care, major recurring staffing issues, insufficient support and non appreciative.
Pros
Summer and holidays off
Cons
See above
Official response from Sinton Transportation
18 April 2017

Finding a good balance with your emotions is crucial to being a happy and successful person. Take care of your mind, body and soul by making sure negative thoughts do not run your life. We strive as a family to accommodate everyone's goals an encourage all staff to apply themselves.

Darryl
Recruitment Manager

The Management staff are so well organized it makes it very easy to do my job
School Bus and Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON14 October 2016
I am a school bus and transit driver for the company, the staff and mangement in the company are so well organized that it is very enjoyable to go to work everyday. They work so very hard to ensure the company runs very smoothly. Which in turn makes my job that much easier.
Enjoy driving the big yellow school bus and meet new people every School year.
Proffesional Driver (Former Employee) –  280 Vespra Street, Barrie ON8 February 2014
At Sinton, I over came my fear to communicate with others, I established confidence on meeting new people and it felt great to know, to be trusted to drive the big yellow bus safely full of students everyday.
Winter was challenging to drive specially when we have a lot of snow. With confidence and making sure the bus was circle check, I did not have a problem in the road, but winter was the hardest time of the year to drive.
I really enjoy driving the students and going to trips. Every year I met new student and visited new places.
Pros
End school year brackfast and Christmast party
Cons
Part time, worked during school year and summer trips
great atmosphere
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2012
I transport childdren with special needs to and from school.
I truly do enjoy my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinton Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Sinton Transportation Reviews by Job Title