Sinclair Supply Ltd

Sinclair Supply Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Started off great and went downhill
In the beginning working there was amazing!
The overall work place culture was great, a real family atmosphere; most people got along and worked well together. However, after the owner no longer had an active role within the company the work place became extremely toxic: nepotistic hiring practices by the CFO at the time led to qualified and knowledgeable management and employees being push out or "laid off", pernicious gossip and back stabbing became the new norm, scare tactics by new management, such as department meetings intended to single out a particular employee were used a few times while I was there.
Pros
Previous owner treated the employees like family
Cons
New management, toxic work environment
Game of Thrones type culture - watch your back!
Clandestine type work environment, be wary of who you trust! There is a small inner circle of decision makers that have personal agendas that receive priority over the general needs and direction of the Company.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, lack of resources, antiquated IT infrastructure, no recognition
Productive And professional Environment
Sinclair supply was a decent good employer for a short term summer job. I learned a lot about how the ins and outs of warehouses operate. overall I would say The best Part about Sinclair Supply are the friendly staff members.
Worst Experience every
Unfortunately in order to provide a review 1 star is mandatory, as 0 stars would be appropriate. I worked at Sinclair diligently and performance feedback from my immediate supervisor was very, very positive. This did not stop the Supply Chain Manager and H.R. Manager from behaving inappropriately. The Supply Chain Manager would involve himself in warehouse operations despite his lack of knowledge. He would give instructions to be followed (that he would be told will not work) and would fly into a rage when it failed. Worse, is the fact that he would blame others and not take responsibility. Any attempt to deal with this ongoing abusive issue with Human Resources was pointless. The H.R. Manager is just as much a BULLY and eager to belittle the staff. These individuals are all "NEW" to Sinclair and are slowly destroying it from within. One needs only follow the job postings to see that the turnover is excessive due to theses 2 individuals allowed to run amok. Horrible upper management means nothing will every change. My advice avoid this place at all costs!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible company
Terrible managers, no direction, will fire you for nothing. Start people as temps to side step any hoops to firing them. Don't even bother applying to them.
Fun place to work
When I got there the IT infrastructure was almost on fire but we were able to get that fixed inside a year an a half. Was a very good place to work.
Horrible, Toxic and Bullying
Horrible place. Unsafe, Unfair, Unorganized and unbearable.
Mostly likely the WORST work environment to work in.... ever.

There seems to be no one in power who wants it to be a better place overall. I have seen numerous customers leave due to the environment.

Yelling and temper tantrums are common occurrence from certain managers.

Management is new and completely unskilled and incompetent. Turnover for every position is high including CEO/CFO position. When good staff or management are hired they dont stay as they find a better fit and leave. Best stay away from this horror show.
toxic environment developed by a bully mahager
worst experience of my employment life due to a terrible management structure and bullying manager is a drunk that continually threatens staff because he thinks it makes him important
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sinclair Supply Ltd?
Great place to work with a few flaws
The management team in Calgary is great. Most of the employees are great as well. The only source of concern is sales people working the counter desk make a commission while not actively persuing sales leads. This is discouraging to warehouse people who are filling all the orders and doing all the physical labor for the same customer yet see none of the bonuses. If they were actively scouting new sales it would not be a problem but currently tend to take a "they come to us" stance on it.
Pros
Lots of BBQs, Good People, Easy enough work
Cons
Pay disparity between counter people and warehouse staff
Great group of people
Awesome place to work. They are understanding and easy to get along with. They offer all kinds of work place education within the company. I would recommend
Terrible and Scary Place to Work
Note that any good reviews were most likely posted before the current management was put into place. The turnover rate is extremely high and we have no CEO due to the most recent one quitting (have had several in a short amount of time).

Management uses scare tactics and suspensions on a whim without proper grounds. Will not admit their mistakes and instead will lie and throw an employee under the bus to escape having to admit faults (and they have many, many faults).

Stay far away from this place as it is full of drama, anger, and fear. No one should work in an environment like this.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Poor management, high turnover, no CEO, poor culture
good work relations with other employe's and customer service
I generally get along with most people, just do my job as best I can with as few problems as possible and as long as you do your work no one will interfere with you. Most people there are easy to get along with and also most customers have delt with Sinclair for a long time and know what kind of service to expect.
Pros
free xmas supper n dance
Steep learning curve
Walk in the door, start up the computer and you're off to the races. Most customers in early to start the day, always friendly and helpful in obtaining the parts they require. Assist walk in customers, take orders over the phone.

Management is solid, and they will help you with everything when they can.

Lots to learn regarding HVACR (especially in refrigeration).

Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking. You get snowballed pretty easily, but after the waves of customers you can catch up quickly if you use the time efficiently.
Pros
Busy workplace / Great customers
Cons
Long hours & much to learn.
Positive work experience. I gained a lot of overall Shipper/Receiver knowledge.
Sinclair Supply Ltd. was a great place to work. I gained a great deal of experience through working in the shipping department, customer service counter, and receiving.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits.
Not a bad place to work
Good customers and overall enviroment. Not the greatest and rewarding employees on job well done. More concerned about making sure management is covered.
productive and positive work enviroment
Very good place to work positive environment all the time. Management was outstanding very helpful in teaching of warehousing.
Multi faceted business
Large warehouse setting. covering all facets of the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) industry.
Generally carries a large inventory for contractors and cash and carry customers as well.
amazing company
good people with good place they treat the people a good way. i enjoyed alot a working with them . but i dont think they dont wanna hire a headworker . that is it
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no overtimes