Sinclair Dental Co. Ltd.

Sinclair Dental Co. Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Now there is new management in Edmonton, it is not a desirable place to work. In the past, the employees were all excited and motivated and now they are feeling beat down and belittled by the newest sales manager with ego issues.
The sale reps were pushy and run to management if they didn’t get their way! Management are snobs always looked down on employees that didn’t have masters degree...the general manger was nice but looks can be deceiving. A lot of family members work there. They were no help on the software that you had to use they expected you to know it . A lot of gossip and back stabbing stay away
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. At Sinclair Dental we strive to provide the best working experience to all of our employees and this can only be accomplished by the constructive feedback we receive from our employees, past and present. If you would like to reach out to one of our HR advisors to discuss further, please contact us at HR@SinclairDental.com
no raises, poor pay. nice coworkers will only get you so far! they dont care about you there at all. you will feel like a dumb everyday there. i hate this place.
Pros
nice coworkers!
Cons
poor pay, hard work, no advancement
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We have an experienced team of managers and HR advisors ready to support you. I encourage you to reach out to them and discuss the specifics of your situation.
I have worked for the company for over ten years and under the original owner it was a very thriving organization with a great work culture , however since the management have changed in the past year the company has almost shifted overnight . There is no opportunity growth and the culture has turned into a negative work environment with no improvements to be seen in the near future.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management, poor benefits, negative work. Culture, heavy micromanagement, no growth potential, 3 day sick pay
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. At Sinclair Dental we are striving to provide the best working experience to all our employees and this can only be accomplished by the constructive feedback we receive from loyal employees such as yourself. We hope that you will reach out to your supervisor or one of our HR advisors directly to provide your suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Horrible place to work. The stress is not worth. I feel awful for the people who left good jobs with employers who actually care about them to work here only to get fired after a month. The turnover is insane. They want to "help people get jobs" while not caring about their own employees and firing everyone for ambiguous reasons whether you meet your goals or not.
Part of the joy of work is to set high standards and achieve them. One of the pleasures of working at Sinclair is to work with a team which is just as interested in excellence as I am. I always feel that we are selling and servicing the best products in the best way.
20 December 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review - we are very happy to hear you are enjoying your work experience here at Sinclair Dental!
The culture is laid back in a sense where there are not many managers, but you still do get micro managed from a distance via constant emails and get scrutinized for every tiny mistake, but on another level they can forget about you for a month or two when business picks up, but than all the sudden every thing goes back to being micro managed again after shortly . It is just a very inconsistent work place, there are not alot of communication , nor praise or incentives for doing a good job and there is for sure no opportunity to ever grow or move up. Majority of staff working there over 10 years still do the exact same job, and the rest are new hires with less than > 6 months of experience. There is a huge turn over ratio as well, about half of new hires leave within 6 months.
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Regarding your concerns, we sincerely hope that you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your Manager or one of our HR Advisors. We, as a company, strive to build upon our culture and provide challenging work and advancement opportunities from within. We are always open to hearing from our employees and thank you again for sharing your experience.
Honestly, until I came in for an interview I had no idea Sinclair Dental is as big as they are - I mean their North Vancouver facilities are very nice! It is a water front property with amazing downtown views from almost all offices. They also have an onsite gym for everyone to use!

There is enough to do to keep you busy during the day but the work environment here is very relaxed - perfect for anyone looking for a good work/life balance.

The managers are very supportive and they are industry experts, so you can really learn a lot from them and help improve your own skill set.

As a whole, the company is steeped in tradition which can be challenging - it does take a long time for any new initiatives to be picked up because of the approval processes in place - though, I guess that is to be expected of a company this size.
19 November 2019
Thanks for taking the time to provide a balanced insight into our company.
I’ve been working for Sinclair Dental a few months, and I questioned myself if it was the proper time to review the company, as I still have a lot to learn, but the positive environment is contagious, so I believe Sinclair deserves my review. The company is always striving to get the best people and to implement the best practices. The management is supportive, and all tools are available to help new employees to succeed. It is a corporate environment with a family look. The compensation, treatment, and work-life balance are fair, and people are the best asset that Sinclair could have. We still have a lot of work to do, but I know that we are on the right track.
19 November 2019
I am very glad to hear you are enjoying your work experience here at Sinclair Dental – you are absolutely right that our team is our greatest asset. Thank you for sharing!
“I joined this amazing team 3 years ago and am astounded by the experienced and knowledgeable team that continues to strive for the best in the industry. Sinclair goes the extra mile for training and supports me in the field.”
25 November 2019
Thank you very much for the 5 Star review ! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your work here at Sinclair Dental.
I have worked here for many years and rarely are there any promotions, the annual raises are absolute minimal and there is no bonus structure and the the pay is 30% below market average, only good if you are looking for a seasonal job or a in between job , extremely high turn over ratio, there is a new face in a small office every week. Benefits are awful , very little vacation pay, 3 day sick pay and not much incentive to work here.
25 November 2019
I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your working experience at Sinclair Dental. We have an open door policy exactly for situations like these. I highly encourage you to discuss your concerns with your Branch Manager or VP so that a resolution can be reached.
The work environment is relaxed and the work load can be light depending on the season , but there is no opportunity for growth , majority of employees working 10+ years still work in the same position. It would be considered extremely rare that some one gets a promotion. The pay is for sure below market standards and if you ask for a raise you will be denied one .The hours are good as they are office hours and the location is good as there is parking and little traffic , but the downside is that there is not much of a future working here. I will also add that the turn over ratio for a company of this size is very high , on a weekly basis there is always some one new starting and taking over a new roll.
7 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am glad to hear you are enjoying the work environment at Sinclair Dental! As Sinclair Dental continues to grow, we are continuously looking for new talent. We regularly promote and hire from within our organization. Open positions are communicated internally weekly and employees are welcome to apply or to refer their friends. Opportunities also exist for in-place development through expanded roles, training, and acquiring new skills. Please feel free to send an email to feedback@sinclairdental.com or reach out to our HR team or your supervisor directly to discuss these opportunities.
I previously worked for this company for over 5 years and despite working very hard was constantly put down by management and never given any incentive or opportunities to grow , despite me asking on several occasions. So of the staff members are very unfriendly and rude and do not treat new co-workers very well. The only benefit offered is Dental and nothing else , with 3 days of sick pay per year.
7 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback! At Sinclair Dental, we have an experienced management team at every level of our company ready to address any issues or concerns. We especially encourage our employees to discuss their career paths with their direct supervisors. Ongoing communications is key in helping your supervisor to understand your career goals and together you can lay out a plan to achieve them here at Sinclair Dental. In terms of our benefits package it includes comprehensive health, dental, life insurance, AD&D and provincial medical coverage benefits – we also offer an on-site gym at our larger North Vancouver and Mississauga locations.
Previous to 2018 this was a very good company to work for only because of the owner he was bright, friendly, the best CEO one could ask for. Since he passed every thing has changed to the exact opposite. Management are very demanding , they yell at you , also majority of people get hired with one job description and after a few months they double or triple your work load. The benefits are very poor, vacation time is unheard of and the pay is below market rate for the same qualifications. There has been a great number of staff that have migrated to other places over the past year and the number keeps growing every day.If you are looking for a temp job this could be an option for you , but most do not stay here beyond six months.Their senior staff are also very hard to get along with and bully you in the office, although some of the new hires are much better to deal with. If you have other job offers do not consider this.
1 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We’re sorry about your experience while working at Sinclair Dental. We encourage our 600+ employees across the country to reach out to their supervisors, the HR team, or Branch Management with any issues they face at the workplace. Our open door policy is meant exactly for situations like these - to help address the underlining issues that can improve job satisfaction. It’s unfortunate that we weren’t given the opportunity to address the specific circumstances you have witnessed while still part of our Sinclair Dental family. We can only hope that current and future team members follow a different path. We wish you the best in your future career!
A fantastic company that has a brilliant leadership team. The dental industry is highly competitive but Sinclair Dental has great assets that Dentists truly appreciate.
Cons
No benefits
1 October 2019
We are very glad to hear your enjoying your work at Sinclair Dental and thank you for taking the time to write us this review!
I have worked here for a number of years , and have seen this company fall from it's glory days on high regard for employee satisfaction to zero empathy or care for employees happiness. There has been a change in ownership within the last two years that have really effected the work place culture. There previously was a very friendly culture with lots of incentives to work here, but over the last two years there are new faces in the office every day with some senior employees of over 10 -15 years leaving on a monthly basis , recently that has become a new norm. Working here in the past compared to recent times, I feel as if I worked for two different companies. The old management were very friendly, respectful , and treated employees with such high standard or integrity and respect but sadly recently it has been complete disaster , and so much respect i lacking. I hope things do change for the better once more, but it is very sad to see some very senior hard working employees with over a decade of experience here leave.
1 October 2019
I want to first thank you for your feedback! Our employees are truly our greatest assets and it’s because of amazing employees such as yourself that we have been able to expand so rapidly over the past few years. With this expansion we have welcomed new employees to our Sinclair family to further fuel our growth. All of this has given rise to numerous opportunities for career advancement and growth across teams within our company. If there is any specific issues you’re experiencing that you would like addressed we welcome you to reach out to us directly at feedback@sinclairdental.com
I worked here for one year and in that time saw every one in my department leave , and I was the last one to do so as well. There are is no proper organized methodology or future growth potential with below average pay. The things I did like were the work hours that are office hours and staff parking. In general the company needs to go through significant improvements , with more focus on employee appreciation. At the current rate, even the receptionist on average leave after only a short period of time, but that applies to most departments.
1 October 2019
I appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed certain aspects of your work while at Sinclair Dental. As you know, Sinclair Dental employees over 600 employees and with any company our size, employee turnover is a simple reality. We strive to provide the best support and career development opportunities to all team members. Our Accounting team in particular has been slowly growing and we are expecting this trend to continue for the foreseeable future. Thank you again and we do wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
The company has gone through massive changes over the years , after the owner has passed the new owners have cut back in alot of areas. The pay is about 30% less than market wage,the benefits are very low and basic, very unorganized culture, there are people that have worked here for over 10 years and have not gotten a promotion.
Pros
very lazzy and laid back work ethics
Cons
Every thing else
I would not recommend this position. Just like what other reviewers said the turnover rate is very high for the marketing department. The management is condescending and insulting. Only willing to give $1raise after 3 months, and when I ask maybe we can close the gap a little, I was asked by the management "Why do you worth $1 more?". I quit after a couple of weeks. I personally didn't have a good experience with this company.
Nothing to share, accountiing team is a good family but office is to noisy.

Not much to ad, the time worked was ok, the systems need to be updated. People is friendly and willing to help
Pros
Medium side company
Cons
Old accounting systems
The job itself was alright, not super fun but definitely do-able, and coworkers were great, friendly and overall a good team. There is turnover as majority of employees have either been with Sinclair for 3+ years or under a year. Hardly anyone had been in between those times.

As previously reviewed, management is definitely in need of improvement but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon with the direction that it's going.
Pros
Nice Building, Friendly Staff, Alright Pay